Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Work Place
Android Developer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 2, 2014
Enjoying work with my current Organization. Learnt lot of technical things and the process.
Started as an Intern here and now evolved as a developer.
Sony tries and is learning from the mistakes.
Premium Services Expert (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2014
Pros: great working environment with new and exciting things happening everyday.
Cons: too many business decisions made at a level that was out of touch with the consumer.
Sony is rather new to the retail industry and they are suffering from the pains of growing a new business. Customer service and innovation are at all time highs, but the choice of locations has really stunted the potential growth. As the Senior Premium Service Expert, I was responsible for repairing, updating, troubleshooting, and setting up all the – more... VAIO computers. In addition, I also do the same for other Sony electronics. Helping the guest and making there day were par for the course in my typical day. This was probably the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was having to say goodbye to all of my managers and coworkers when Sony closed the location. We had a great team atmosphere with incredible synergy that allowed us to help our guests effectively and deliver a world class guest experience. – less
Sony Rep
Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 8, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and great pay
Cons: only could work weekend hours
Working on the Sony MarketStar program was a great experience for me. The only bad thing about it was I only worked Thursday-Sunday. And advancement through Sony was available.
High volume wafer fab
Engineering Manager, New Products (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2014
Cons: plant has closed
Enjoyable work environment
Good people to work with
Plant closed in 2002
Call Center Rep
SR. REP (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2014
Pros: short hours with a great compensation
Cons: short breaks
Days were easier than any other position I made a great salary doing less work but this position was only temp.
it's a firm and it's working well.
office atendant (Former Employee), kololo in ugandaMay 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch was given
Cons: 8am to 5pm
I work as office atendant am free and perfect in what i do,i have have so many things conserning office ,for example learn how to use computor, i have skill in it,i have leart how to behind,typing etc,the most impant of my job is to deliever letters to differen companies
i have know so many companies especially here in our city.
I have a very good experince working for Sony Electronics
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 15, 2014
My daily tasks were to review all shipping orders that need to be process during the day by priority/eta and transit times.Have a daily meeting with all my co-workers to ensure we were in the same page to meet the goal for that day.
Also make sure all equipment was in good condition to avoid any safety accident or delay in shipping and receiving customer – more... requirement.
Assist to all daily meetings required by BU and Managers. The hardest part was to let members know about the cutting of hours required by operation without jeopardizing their Job and commitment to the company.
Most enjoyable part was that our operation was in compliance with all requirements established by our Customers – less
good job and good salary in sony company
Sales officer (Current Employee), tirupathiMay 15, 2014
Pros: per day i have incentive 500 from company side
Cons: working time is 9am to 9pm
hello sir am working in sony company for sales exicutive for 3 disticts

in dis job i heard so much of product knowledge and i have so much knowledge of how to deal with customers and dealers and how to approach others.but dis is not corrct job for me so i want to change my job profile thats y i applied in google company.so if any placement in ur company – more... plz call to me
thanking you – less
Fast-Paced, Fun, and friendly work environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: food cooked on weekends for the staff
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work ranges from Individual customer service providing Technical support, Selling products on the sales floor and making new friends with new people.
I learned that no matter what situation occurs, if you have an amazing team behind you, you can make anything happen.
Management was absolutely astonishing in the work they accomplish, – more... the goals they set and succeed in reaching and the atmosphere they create feels like a family.
The hardest part of the job had to be was trying to push yourself sell products when there was little to no customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with new people and making a great connection with them and making every part of their shopping experience enjoyable. – less
good management with loyal employees and managers
coordinator in trading department (Current Employee), DubaiMay 13, 2014
It was a very good opportunity for me to gain some experiences and work with this well known and big company. I got familiar with so many things in work place and i could improve my skills such as verbal communications and negotiation .
very draining job
disc handler (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 10, 2014
Pros: paychecks and longer breaks
Cons: standing all night
the job can be very draining put its a paycheck hardest part of the job is standing so long but its fun and people are very friendly
very good work environment
Tax Intern (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 7, 2014
The environment is very healthy. People enjoy working there and they all have a good relationships. It is very flexible and no pressure as long as you know what you have to do and do it well.
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), newport walesMay 4, 2014
learned packing and distributing
It was very fun as I had to work with a such a nice people.
Fast evolving technology company, Consumer and Quality oriented
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Brussels, BRUMay 1, 2014
Company that gives you opportunity to grow, to learn and to challenge yourselves.
Great team spirit.
I could develop leadership skills with International Team Management, challenging Business targets.
busy TV manufacturing
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2014
Keeping the TV manufacturing line up and running. Keeping downtime low as possible.
Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 18, 2014
Good place to work.Difficult to get to. I was a contractor.Treaed with respect.
Learning Experience
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAApril 18, 2014
Pros: met some great people and learned the definition of hard work
Cons: temperature on certain days
Working at Sony was great. During this time I worked on an assembly line and dealt with the packing of the PlayStation hardware and the accessories that came with it. The atmosphere was great and the people were the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations that everyone on the line would all take a part of while we were working – more... the line. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the temperature on some of those hot summer days due to us being in a warehouse. – less
My employees were great
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Terre Haute INApril 17, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: hours
Sony supervisors are rude.
12 hour shifts are horrible
My co workers were awesome
way to sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), kochi,keralaApril 16, 2014
its really helping me to start my sales career in a big brand.learn more about sales from my co workers.
YOU GET A LOT OF MEETING PEOPLE
Marketing Executive - SONY Play Station Team (Current Employee), Dubai, U A EApril 12, 2014
Pros: manage your own time
Cons: time pressure
SONY is one of the Division in JUMBO Electronics . L.L.C . I belong to a PLAY STATION group in charge of all marketing branding aspects i do a lot of coordination in different retailers and power retailers. It is more challenging job and a lot of time pressures involved.

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more