Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Years at Sony
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 5, 2015
Sony as Brand is very well respected and strong. But unfortunately as per market competition the company couldn't sustain the decade old market share and brand image. Proud to work for Sony for 7 years but feel very helpless and sad looking at current market share of Sony TV business.
Easy workplace with relaxed supervisor
Temporary Production Worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: relaxed work pace, coworkers, boss, weekday shifts
Cons: upper management, being hired through a temp agency
Sony was easy with music, relaxed, not really time constrained, my boss was laid back as long as work was completed properly and on time. Coworkers were interesting and fun to be around enjoyed working there just wasn't happy with the fact that it was through a temp agency.
Continuous learning focused on streamlining processes
Supervisor, Sales Order Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: respected
Cons: long hours
Multi tasking from people management, tasks and master data
Personal journey, learned to strive for excellence
Management focused toward company objectives
Co-Workers hard working
Policy can sometimes slow down progress
Creativity and change
Great place to work lots of room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee), All over GTAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: first sight of new technology
Cons: retail hours
Running the store as it was your own
It is very difficult staying #1
Managers are very encouraging and work longer hours that you
Co-Workers are always helpful and always work as a team
Dealing with customers you know are wrong
Getting to set up new products that just arrived
Challenge everyday
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2015
It is good and fun to work in such a big store. Everyday you are facing new challenge from your teams and customers. On the bright side, the company make you keep moving on.
Technological Ambition, but never went beyond Christmas.
Holiday Season Sales Only (Former Employee), Langley BCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: exciting and profitable.
Cons: greedy co-workers stole my commission sales/customers on days off. lack of ethics.
It started off as a Christmas season extra store sales help from fall of 2005 till boxing week finale 2006. I enjoyed the technology sales and the prestige that went with the name brand SONY products.
But due to interpersonnel differences, It became only a temporary Holiday employment till middle of January after boxing day week sales that extended into middle of January.

But I enjoyed the opportunity to experience SONY first hand the 3.5 to 4 months I was there at the Langley BC Mall location.
Stressful and not fun but easy. That may seem to make little sense but it is not the job that is hard. It was the management and some of the staff.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: met good friends.
Cons: shift changes every two weeks. mornings / afternoons... half hour lunches.
Was a very nice place over all but stressful. I saw management penalize employees for making mistakes but it was done in a way that would embarrass the employee.
Fast paced environment
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee), Coquiltam, B.C.September 23, 2014
Pros: fixed hours and benefits
Cons: last minute sales orders to beat shipping deadlines
Coworkers add humour to the high pressure of meeting quotas and deadlines.
Great place to work - management is very good.
Marketing Manager / Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: work culture is collaborative
Cons: industry saturation
I loved working with Sony. Management and co workers are very nice. Everyone tries to help each other. Sony continuously comes out with great products which are very exciting to market.
A day at Sony
MANAGER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
Involved in all aspects of the day to day business of a retail store.
Productive, Awesome and Exciting!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free food, good compensation
Cons: long hours and exhausting
Working long hours but being rewarded by great leadership and appropriate compensation.

Great team work and team building.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJuly 22, 2014
Awesome place to work for, i enjoyed the people and the atmosphere.
i liked learning about all the different products at sony, there training program Was amazing.
Productive and Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: short experience
I consider working for Sony of my greatest learning experiences within my 5 years Retail Sales experience. I appreciated the company and could genuinely get behind the products and services they sold. And, every customer was a great learning experience and easy to uphold a good sales relationship with.

The team I worked with was phenomenal. They were all great team players and genuinely loved seeing everyone in the store do well. I was brought in to help train them in a new retail sales venture of selling Sony smart-phones with Rogers Services (Smart phone plans; 3 yr). They held a huge variety of product of which really helped me learn how to pick out a customers needs to a truly specific point, instead of just generalizing a small number of products from a variety of manufacturers.

The most challenging thing was that this is the only company that really tracked their sales reps 'erosion" percentage; as individuals we had to be monitoring and maintaining good sales targets without destroying the gross margin on the product(s) in question. On of the only retailers I've ever heard or seen of tracking it in this manner.

It was a disappointment that the store was closing as we tried to grasp for positions in the company, many of us took the opportunity (and severance package) and tried to expand into other sales fields.
Great products, but not the best place to work
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONJune 7, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: negative attitudes, poor management
Negative/Hostile work environment. Company suffered quite a bit in the recession, as a result there was a very tense working environment. Management was not always supportive, and found it to be a 'boys club'.
Colleagues are easy to go along with. Managers are supportive
SALES CONSULTANT/SUPERVISOR - Sony of Canada (Former Employee), Grandview CornersJune 4, 2014
It is not your usual mall sales environment. Selling is made fun because of interaction with customers especially for tech-savvy people. The hardest part of the job is only when there are a lot of customers and there are only too few sales consultants to entertain them.
Enjoyable experience working for Sony Canada.
ASSISTANT MANAGER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: full benefits
As a member of the team at The Sony Store in Niagara Falls, we strived to meet and exceed our sales goals as well as provide exceptional customer service. My years there were both fun and challenging, just the way I like it. Unfortunately though, the decision was made by our head office to close our store, bittersweet, but as they say, "when one door closes, another one opens"
Good Company , Great people
Business Process Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
• Led efforts to switch legacy reporting to SAP Business Objects XIR 3.1 as an enterprise wide deployment.
• Led cross functional teams to gather and evaluate the key phases of the process to ensure smooth transition.
• Managed service process and technical training of all Sony’s products.
• Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close issues in support of the project requirements
• Created Requirement, Functional and Design documents as per Business requirements.
• Worked closely with Business and IT teams to develop project requirements.
• Performed gap analysis to identify any gaps during the mapping phase.
• Developed project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics
• Overseeing project & resource planning and the implementation of Agile based execution.
• Developed Quarterly targets for Authorized Sony Service Centers.
• Monitored Authorized Sony Service Centers KPI and KRA throughout the year.
• Developed work plans and coordinated activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
Good Company with lots of great people. Too bad that the Vancouver branch has to be shut down due to the bad economic environment.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Coquitlam BCMay 2, 2014
Good Company with lots of great people. Had a great time working there!
business focus is not too clear in the last 5 years.
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
No much information shared among employees. Everyone is trying to protect his/her own expertise.
A great place to work
Technical Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: an environment where internal advancement is promoted
At Sony, it allows you to be creative. Gives you all the tools you need to succeed.
Headquarters