Sony

Sony Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sony Exculesive store Urmila Tower Dhanbad
MARKETING (Current Employee), DhanbadAugust 23, 2014
when market closed and sale not done.
I learned customer behavior and selling skills.
Co.management very supportive and helpful.
My Co-Workers very helpful.
when flying customer visit the store and convert to sale.
the most enjoyable part is to achieve day target.
Great Company
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: company discounts, great benefits, great training, great products
Cons: little to non production
Loved the company, employees, benefits. They had a steady and good production flow until they reliocated the company elsewhere causing a layoff
New and Innovating
Sony Ericson Marketing Development Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TxAugust 19, 2014
Awesome place to work
Great team work
Hardest part is keeping up with the changes.
Learned a ton about royalties
Copyright Department Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
A typical day of work was redacting stacks of contracts to remove information from them that wasn't pertinent to the parties the contract was being sent to, or was classified from them.
good pace job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), laredo, txAugust 18, 2014
at this job I use to input information for a renewal or replaced playstation. we use to input the data into the system and checked for warranties or any damage. the hardest thing about this job was we had a goal that had to be reached every time and maintain no errors.
Non- stop production
Assembler (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAAugust 17, 2014
worked in all different assembly lines wherever needed
learned new positions all the time
Disciplined place to work ,learned alot,fun environment
sales representative (Former Employee), lahore pakistanAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, discounts
Cons: not any significant
It was fun to work in SONY i was the sales representative there it was a nice friendly and fun environment there i learned a lot about the sales outbound inbound cold calls warm calls...reaching sales targets my manager at Sony was a really nice man always motivational,friendly and helpful there were also typical days where i had to deal with some extra – more... angry and manner less customers hardest part of the job was reaching sales target most enjoyable part was when i reached the sales target before time also assisting good nice nature customers was also very enjoying and being a student i also really enjoy to assisting the student customer as suggesting them different solutions according to there budget – less
Abap Technical and Functional
ABAP Consultant (Support) (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 10, 2014
Good Functional Knowledge SAP Sales and Distribution

Abap skills:
i enjoyed working here
Sales representative (Former Employee), hawthorne,caAugust 10, 2014
easy going sales oriented position assisted customers and answered questions regarding sony bravia line of televisions
Very nice
QA Software Test Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 1, 2014

Excellent management
Good people
Con: Phasing down of dept.
High productive place to work with a great working environment on an extremely dynamic market/country
CS Chief Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay (Current Employee), Buenos Aires, ArgentinaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: work place environment, customer service team, brand name, empowerment and how much i learn here.
Cons: career plan "on hold" due to present market situation for the next 2 years.
Everyday market rules and situation change mainly due to government change on Customs Regulation, Market Regulation, Local Producing incentives, Import Restriction, etc.
Here I learned to achieve Tgts to assure Customer Satisfaction whatever the country market/business environment changes are by team working and focus on deadlines.
Poor Management
Coordinator Spare Parts and Logistic (Former Employee), SydneyJuly 28, 2014
- Receiving, Dispatching, and Distributing, spare parts to all technicians in Sydney and other states (Melbourne, Queensland, Perth, Adelaide).
- Input spare part details or data into the system.

- Using the forklift to arrange spare parts and goods to the correct place.

- I learned how to manage the time for multitasking jobs.

- Management - there – more... was too many people involved in making decisions and therefore, brought about too many different opinions

- Co-workers, good cooperation and fun.

- The hardest part - having to make a decision to prioritise the job that is the most important when there are many jobs occurring at the same time

- After work, we went to have dinner together with co-workers to release stressed. – less
fun work
Transport Superivisor (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 23, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 12hrs
starting day is a typical day at work . i had learned so many things abt my life . my coulics are very good they help each others they guied every one
Corporate Greed has DADC in it's clutches
Operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, IndianaJuly 11, 2014
Cons: everything
Years ago people were proud to say they worked at Sony DADC. Now, however, it is embarrassing. Corporate cut backs have targeted ONLY the hourly shift employees while management walks around smug in their untouchable status. The hourly shift employees have been jerked around so much many have lost their homes, vehicles and families. Wage cut backs have – more... triggered bankruptcy and divorce, yet management and Monday through Friday salary employees remain untouched. Management and Human Resources are clueless about the needs of the hourly employees and "honestly can't understand why morale is so low". This facility is poison to a person's soul. The environment is toxic. – less
I learned a lot about IP managing/coaching people
Sony Sales Manager Central Europe & ECE Security (Former Employee), BrusselsJuly 9, 2014
coaching people
managing by distance
B2B
how to sell a concept in security
Productive Work Place
Android Developer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 2, 2014
Enjoying work with my current Organization. Learnt lot of technical things and the process.
Started as an Intern here and now evolved as a developer.
Sony tries and is learning from the mistakes.
Premium Services Expert (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2014
Pros: great working environment with new and exciting things happening everyday.
Cons: too many business decisions made at a level that was out of touch with the consumer.
Sony is rather new to the retail industry and they are suffering from the pains of growing a new business. Customer service and innovation are at all time highs, but the choice of locations has really stunted the potential growth. As the Senior Premium Service Expert, I was responsible for repairing, updating, troubleshooting, and setting up all the – more... VAIO computers. In addition, I also do the same for other Sony electronics. Helping the guest and making there day were par for the course in my typical day. This was probably the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was having to say goodbye to all of my managers and coworkers when Sony closed the location. We had a great team atmosphere with incredible synergy that allowed us to help our guests effectively and deliver a world class guest experience. – less
Sony Rep
Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 8, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and great pay
Cons: only could work weekend hours
Working on the Sony MarketStar program was a great experience for me. The only bad thing about it was I only worked Thursday-Sunday. And advancement through Sony was available.
High volume wafer fab
Engineering Manager, New Products (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2014
Cons: plant has closed
Enjoyable work environment
Good people to work with
Plant closed in 2002
Call Center Rep
SR. REP (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2014
Pros: short hours with a great compensation
Cons: short breaks
Days were easier than any other position I made a great salary doing less work but this position was only temp.

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more