Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Place to work
Application Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Flexible work environment but tight deadlines.
Gym available with fee and instructor shows up every day.
Over all nice and diverse environment.
Yearly downsizing is a concern - Strong brand name
Supply Chain Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
you can learn a lot and great working staff
management needs improvement to keep this company going
hardest part of the job is keep taking on additional work not related to your position without the increase in salary to compensate for it
worked there a long time ago
Dealer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 10, 2015
Nice company
small and you get to know everyone
located in Mississauga
Typical 9 - 5 job
Had fun outings and lunches
Worked there a long time ago and dont remember much
Years at Sony
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 5, 2015
Sony as Brand is very well respected and strong. But unfortunately as per market competition the company couldn't sustain the decade old market share and brand image. Proud to work for Sony for 7 years but feel very helpless and sad looking at current market share of Sony TV business.
Easy workplace with relaxed supervisor
Temporary Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Sony was easy with music, relaxed, not really time constrained, my boss was laid back as long as work was completed properly and on time. Coworkers were interesting and fun to be around enjoyed working there just wasn't happy with the fact that it was through a temp agency.
Pros
relaxed work pace, coworkers, boss, weekday shifts
Cons
upper management, being hired through a temp agency
Continuous learning focused on streamlining processes
Supervisor, Sales Order Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Multi tasking from people management, tasks and master data
Personal journey, learned to strive for excellence
Management focused toward company objectives
Co-Workers hard working
Policy can sometimes slow down progress
Creativity and change
Pros
respected
Cons
Great place to work lots of room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  All over GTAJanuary 20, 2015
Running the store as it was your own
It is very difficult staying #1
Managers are very encouraging and work longer hours that you
Co-Workers are always helpful and always work as a team
Dealing with customers you know are wrong
Getting to set up new products that just arrived
Pros
first sight of new technology
Cons
retail hours
Challenge everyday
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2015
It is good and fun to work in such a big store. Everyday you are facing new challenge from your teams and customers. On the bright side, the company make you keep moving on.
Technological Ambition, but never went beyond Christmas.
Holiday Season Sales Only (Former Employee) –  Langley BCNovember 25, 2014
It started off as a Christmas season extra store sales help from fall of 2005 till boxing week finale 2006. I enjoyed the technology sales and the prestige that went with the name brand SONY products.
But due to interpersonnel differences, It became only a temporary Holiday employment till middle of January after boxing day week sales that extended into middle of January.

But I enjoyed the opportunity to experience SONY first hand the 3.5 to 4 months I was there at the Langley BC Mall location.
Pros
exciting and profitable.
Cons
greedy co-workers stole my commission sales/customers on days off. lack of ethics.
Stressful and not fun but easy. That may seem to make little sense but it is not the job that is hard. It was the management and some of the staff.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 7, 2014
Was a very nice place over all but stressful. I saw management penalize employees for making mistakes but it was done in a way that would embarrass the employee.
Pros
met good friends.
Cons
shift changes every two weeks. mornings / afternoons... half hour lunches.
Fast paced environment
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coquiltam, B.C.September 23, 2014
Coworkers add humour to the high pressure of meeting quotas and deadlines.
Pros
fixed hours and benefits
Cons
last minute sales orders to beat shipping deadlines
Great place to work - management is very good.
Marketing Manager / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
I loved working with Sony. Management and co workers are very nice. Everyone tries to help each other. Sony continuously comes out with great products which are very exciting to market.
Pros
work culture is collaborative
Cons
industry saturation
A day at Sony
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
Involved in all aspects of the day to day business of a retail store.
Productive, Awesome and Exciting!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 26, 2014
Working long hours but being rewarded by great leadership and appropriate compensation.

Great team work and team building.
Pros
free food, good compensation
Cons
long hours and exhausting
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 22, 2014
Awesome place to work for, i enjoyed the people and the atmosphere.
i liked learning about all the different products at sony, there training program Was amazing.
Productive and Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2014
I consider working for Sony of my greatest learning experiences within my 5 years Retail Sales experience. I appreciated the company and could genuinely get behind the products and services they sold. And, every customer was a great learning experience and easy to uphold a good sales relationship with.

The team I worked with was phenomenal. They were all great team players and genuinely loved seeing everyone in the store do well. I was brought in to help train them in a new retail sales venture of selling Sony smart-phones with Rogers Services (Smart phone plans; 3 yr). They held a huge variety of product of which really helped me learn how to pick out a customers needs to a truly specific point, instead of just generalizing a small number of products from a variety of manufacturers.

The most challenging thing was that this is the only company that really tracked their sales reps 'erosion" percentage; as individuals we had to be monitoring and maintaining good sales targets without destroying the gross margin on the product(s) in question. On of the only retailers I've ever heard or seen of tracking it in this manner.

It was a disappointment that the store was closing as we tried to grasp for positions in the company, many of us took the opportunity (and severance package) and tried to expand into other sales fields.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
short experience
Great products, but not the best place to work
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 7, 2014
Negative/Hostile work environment. Company suffered quite a bit in the recession, as a result there was a very tense working environment. Management was not always supportive, and found it to be a 'boys club'.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
negative attitudes, poor management
Colleagues are easy to go along with. Managers are supportive
SALES CONSULTANT/SUPERVISOR - Sony of Canada (Former Employee) –  Grandview CornersJune 4, 2014
It is not your usual mall sales environment. Selling is made fun because of interaction with customers especially for tech-savvy people. The hardest part of the job is only when there are a lot of customers and there are only too few sales consultants to entertain them.
Enjoyable experience working for Sony Canada.
ASSISTANT MANAGER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 3, 2014
As a member of the team at The Sony Store in Niagara Falls, we strived to meet and exceed our sales goals as well as provide exceptional customer service. My years there were both fun and challenging, just the way I like it. Unfortunately though, the decision was made by our head office to close our store, bittersweet, but as they say, "when one door closes, another one opens"
Pros
full benefits
Good Company , Great people
Business Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
• Led efforts to switch legacy reporting to SAP Business Objects XIR 3.1 as an enterprise wide deployment.
• Led cross functional teams to gather and evaluate the key phases of the process to ensure smooth transition.
• Managed service process and technical training of all Sony’s products.
• Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close issues in support of the project requirements
• Created Requirement, Functional and Design documents as per Business requirements.
• Worked closely with Business and IT teams to develop project requirements.
• Performed gap analysis to identify any gaps during the mapping phase.
• Developed project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics
• Overseeing project & resource planning and the implementation of Agile based execution.
• Developed Quarterly targets for Authorized Sony Service Centers.
• Monitored Authorized Sony Service Centers KPI and KRA throughout the year.
• Developed work plans and coordinated activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.