Sony Employee Reviews

Continuous learning focused on streamlining processes
Supervisor, Sales Order Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Multi tasking from people management, tasks and master data
Personal journey, learned to strive for excellence
Management focused toward company objectives
Co-Workers hard working
Policy can sometimes slow down progress
Creativity and change
Pros
respected
Almost perfect
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCNovember 1, 2012
great enviroment to work, lots of work to keep you going though out the day, friendly co-workers and management.

someone willing to help you if you can't finish it before the shift or timeframe.

only downside is keeping the job they usually hire for seasonal and keep only one person for the future if needed.
Pros
salary, enviroment
Cons
shift rotations, seasonal
Great place to work - management is very good.
Marketing Manager / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
I loved working with Sony. Management and co workers are very nice. Everyone tries to help each other. Sony continuously comes out with great products which are very exciting to market.
Pros
work culture is collaborative
Cons
industry saturation
Great fun workplace in a fast pace environment
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
It was a great company to work for coming right out of school. I learned a lot in my time with Sony about communication, negotiating and customer service. I worked with a great team in my 4 years working with the company. It was a trust worthy group that would always be ready to help out whenever needed. It really made for a positive experience.
Steady, fun work environment with potential to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2012
-Customer service and constant inventory duties are the basis of the day to activities. Pricing, stocking, loss prevention, shipping, receiving, cycle counts etc., are part the the daily inventory tasks.
-further expanded skills of office equipment and computer skills.
-The management was excellent. They were always fair and friendly.
-All staff was friendly and more like a family then co-workers.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all new product technology specs. It required constantly updating my knowledge but really helped me to understand not only what it does but also why.
-The most enjoyable part really was the staff. They made it a pleasure to come to work everyday.
Pros
excellent staff and environment
Fun, interactive, innovative workplace
Sr. Coordinator, Service and Engineering Division (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Provided admin support to the Operations Manager. Assisted with coordinating the yearly service conference. Prepared PowerPoint presentations, took minutes and collected supporting documentation. Managed and updated service center database in Access and Filemaker. Provided reports for Technical Field Repos for training, insurance and contracl renewals for 200 service centres nationally. Created, distributed and analyzed data for customer surveys. Created and maintained the diviional intranet web sige in Front Page. Prepared month end reporting using SAP, Excel and Crystal.
Pros
abiltiy to learn a lot of different programs.
Cons
Productive, Awesome and Exciting!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 26, 2014
Working long hours but being rewarded by great leadership and appropriate compensation.

Great team work and team building.
Pros
free food, good compensation
Cons
long hours and exhausting
Easy workplace with relaxed supervisor
Temporary Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Sony was easy with music, relaxed, not really time constrained, my boss was laid back as long as work was completed properly and on time. Coworkers were interesting and fun to be around enjoyed working there just wasn't happy with the fact that it was through a temp agency.
Pros
relaxed work pace, coworkers, boss, weekday shifts
Cons
upper management, being hired through a temp agency
Excited Place
Deputy General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuwait StateOctober 16, 2015
In this section , I got very familiar with all Sony products in professional and industrial field . Also, I got many trained in this field as well as attended many conventions
productive, fun , warm working place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I started my day at 6:30am, preparing breakfast, lunch on timely manner. Always make sure my customers are happy. After lunch hour, I need to update inventory list and order items on low quantity.
Cleaning workplace at the end.

Though it's a routine job, but I enjoy working with my boss and co-workers, because it's such a warm and pleasant work environment. It motives me to learn more every day. Such as promotional skill/selling skill, communication skill and team work ability. It all make me feel enjoyable for this job.
Pros
free meals, no work on weekend
Cons
since i am the only income provider for the family, i need to have 2nd job
Productive and busy work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONApril 11, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of me running a machine and making sure I was meeting production goals.I was able to advance to this position from a temp position thanks to recognition from management. My supervisor was very observant and noticed all details. This led to a work atmosphere were everyone was very focused. The hardest part of the job was when we would face issues with the equipment because it slowed production.The most enjoyable part the job was the chance to co-operate with my co-workers towards a common goal.
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Vancouver, BCAugust 5, 2013
Good work environment. Great place to work. Good benefits and a very transparent working environment. Good benefits and culture.
Pros
fkexible hours
Cons
store is burnaby, richmond and vancouver
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABOctober 13, 2015
Sony is an awesome company to work for. If the store hadn't closed its doors I would still be there. Sony treated us very well.
Great people and atmostphere
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCSeptember 18, 2015
Great comrodery, very fun to work with the people, always new technologies to work with and learn. Constantly learning, lots of training, fast paced, and rewarding
Pros
People
Cons
Stressful and not fun but easy. That may seem to make little sense but it is not the job that is hard. It was the management and some of the staff.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 7, 2014
Was a very nice place over all but stressful. I saw management penalize employees for making mistakes but it was done in a way that would embarrass the employee.
Pros
met good friends.
Cons
shift changes every two weeks. mornings / afternoons... half hour lunches.
Intolerance of your present creates your future.
Quality Inspector/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Leslie and EglingtonJuly 9, 2012
Overall I enjoyed working in the company of my superiors and subordinates. I don't expect change in others in the first place. whereas I change self according to situations. I loved the job I did and made most of it.

My Principle - Don't complain about what you permit.
Pros
a fair share of benefits - word, deed and action.
Cons
yes is time controlling us, at the same time adapt & be willing to situations
Enjoyable experience working for Sony Canada.
ASSISTANT MANAGER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 3, 2014
As a member of the team at The Sony Store in Niagara Falls, we strived to meet and exceed our sales goals as well as provide exceptional customer service. My years there were both fun and challenging, just the way I like it. Unfortunately though, the decision was made by our head office to close our store, bittersweet, but as they say, "when one door closes, another one opens"
Pros
full benefits
Very fast paced company
Christmas Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 8, 2015
A very competetive, fast paced working environment. Most employees were very supportive in a team oriented environment.
Some really good managers and dedicated people
Production Scheduler/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2012
Overall excellent place to work. The co workers and management were great. I learned to use ERP systems and RF inventory management and when I moved to QC had a great manager who taught me all he knew about quality assurance.
Pros
learned high tech skills and the co workers were fantastic
Cons
company closed in canada
Tamer Salem
Sales Representative and key holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 11, 2013
only staff member besides upper management that was given Codes and keys to both stores (at the time). leader in the workplace, highly efficient sales person, highly capable in training and recruiting new staff.
Pros
great workplace, great staff discount
Cons
not much in the way of upward mobility and all stores are currently closed in winnipeg