Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to start
Field Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
This role is ideal for people looking to their start career and learn new skills. Good company and great people to work with however compensation is below par and growth is minimal.
very nice place to work,friendly people
Technician III (Former Employee) –  toronto,ontApril 21, 2015
lots of different products to repair
working in service team was mostly pleasure
good caring managment
most enjoy playing soccer with sony team
take part in national service contest
Pros
learning new products
Cons
losts of pressure to finish jab on time
Yearly downsizing is a concern - Strong brand name
Supply Chain Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
you can learn a lot and great working staff
management needs improvement to keep this company going
hardest part of the job is keep taking on additional work not related to your position without the increase in salary to compensate for it
Continuous learning focused on streamlining processes
Supervisor, Sales Order Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Multi tasking from people management, tasks and master data
Personal journey, learned to strive for excellence
Management focused toward company objectives
Co-Workers hard working
Policy can sometimes slow down progress
Creativity and change
Pros
respected
Cons
Great place to work lots of room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  All over GTAJanuary 20, 2015
Running the store as it was your own
It is very difficult staying #1
Managers are very encouraging and work longer hours that you
Co-Workers are always helpful and always work as a team
Dealing with customers you know are wrong
Getting to set up new products that just arrived
Pros
first sight of new technology
Cons
retail hours
Technological Ambition, but never went beyond Christmas.
Holiday Season Sales Only (Former Employee) –  Langley BCNovember 25, 2014
It started off as a Christmas season extra store sales help from fall of 2005 till boxing week finale 2006. I enjoyed the technology sales and the prestige that went with the name brand SONY products.
But due to interpersonnel differences, It became only a temporary Holiday employment till middle of January after boxing day week sales that extended into middle of January.

But I enjoyed the opportunity to experience SONY first hand the 3.5 to 4 months I was there at the Langley BC Mall location.
Pros
exciting and profitable.
Cons
greedy co-workers stole my commission sales/customers on days off. lack of ethics.
Years at Sony
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 5, 2015
Sony as Brand is very well respected and strong. But unfortunately as per market competition the company couldn't sustain the decade old market share and brand image. Proud to work for Sony for 7 years but feel very helpless and sad looking at current market share of Sony TV business.
Stressful and not fun but easy. That may seem to make little sense but it is not the job that is hard. It was the management and some of the staff.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 7, 2014
Was a very nice place over all but stressful. I saw management penalize employees for making mistakes but it was done in a way that would embarrass the employee.
Pros
met good friends.
Cons
shift changes every two weeks. mornings / afternoons... half hour lunches.
Enjoyable experience working for Sony Canada.
ASSISTANT MANAGER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 3, 2014
As a member of the team at The Sony Store in Niagara Falls, we strived to meet and exceed our sales goals as well as provide exceptional customer service. My years there were both fun and challenging, just the way I like it. Unfortunately though, the decision was made by our head office to close our store, bittersweet, but as they say, "when one door closes, another one opens"
Pros
full benefits
Personable work with retail experience
Playstation Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2014
Travelling to retail stores ensuring that the Playstation brand is represented with marketing materials appropriately and properly. Training staff on the latest and greatest features, products and games.
Creating marketing displays with display boxes, clings and such for windows, retail space in stores, etc.
Working with management within retail stores to place promotions and marketing materials to showcase the brand.
Flexible hours
fast paced high volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
At Sony I would open the store and complete any orders from the previous day, finish paper work as well as help any of the customers in the store. I learned various sales techniques along with a vast knowledge of digital media services. As I started as a sales associate and moved up to manager I got to see all sides of the business. Was fortunate enough to have a great support staff with me that was very helpful and ready for any challenge. The hardest part of the job was leaving as the closed the store, the most enjoyable part was working with my team and installing the products purchased by customers in there homes.
Pros
instalation of products
Cons
being closed down
alrite job, horrible work environment
warehouse worker (forklift operator) (Former Employee) –  Whitby Ontario EDCSeptember 5, 2012
I was a forklift operator at EDC in whitby ont, job was decent it was just a bad work environment, alot of politics in the warehouse, very odd management and how they hire and run the warehouse, you are hired on a contract for lets say 6months, you are not told whether your contract will be extended or if you will be hired as an employee untill the end of your last shift at the end of your contract, id say the worst part of working here would have to be the other workers , very bitter, rude, racist, and disrespectful crew.....lets just say i ran far away from sony after i landed a next job, i would never work there again
Pros
the job
Cons
the pay, co-workers, management
Good Place to Kickstart a career
Event, Marketing and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Great place to work if you're looking to be a part of a industry leader in consumer electronics.
Be the envy of all of your friends and family, by being the one who had a one up on all of the latest advancements in technology.

Very hard working culture with honest values for such a large company. Excellent and inviting environment from the cafeteria team all the way to the president.

At times got lost in the shuffle as to what our roles really were with limited options to move up due to the size of Sony of Canada.
Pros
great way to get started in the industry
Cons
easy to plateau with opportunities few and far between
Day to day
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioJuly 12, 2012
• Key holder: Responsible for opening and closing the store
• Managed a high-volume store (Heartland Town Centre)
• Became the "go-to" person to train both new and established employees
• Improving customer service based on client feedback
• Describe merchandise and explain use/operation, and care of products to customers
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain products based on customer needs
• Generated repeat business through successful client follow-ups
• Handles service, parts, and shipping and receiving
• Recognized for assuming additional responsibilities
Productive and busy work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONApril 11, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of me running a machine and making sure I was meeting production goals.I was able to advance to this position from a temp position thanks to recognition from management. My supervisor was very observant and noticed all details. This led to a work atmosphere were everyone was very focused. The hardest part of the job was when we would face issues with the equipment because it slowed production.The most enjoyable part the job was the chance to co-operate with my co-workers towards a common goal.
productive, fun , warm working place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2013
I started my day at 6:30am, preparing breakfast, lunch on timely manner. Always make sure my customers are happy. After lunch hour, I need to update inventory list and order items on low quantity.
Cleaning workplace at the end.

Though it's a routine job, but I enjoy working with my boss and co-workers, because it's such a warm and pleasant work environment. It motives me to learn more every day. Such as promotional skill/selling skill, communication skill and team work ability. It all make me feel enjoyable for this job.
Pros
free meals, no work on weekend
Cons
since i am the only income provider for the family, i need to have 2nd job
Difficult working enviornment
Teletech - Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, OntarioSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day included answering calls, offering Sony products to customers and transferring them to the department in which they need. I learned that it isn't easy to be a salesperson, especially when it is by telephone. Teletech had equipment which made it difficult to understand the customer, and in turn was difficult to sell to the customer or help them get to where the needed to go to solve any issues they had. My co-workers were very friendly, but also were stressed in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was when a customer was satisfied with the service I provided for them, and I was able to go through different laptops and Sony electronics with them.
Fun, interactive, innovative workplace
Sr. Coordinator, Service and Engineering Division (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Provided admin support to the Operations Manager. Assisted with coordinating the yearly service conference. Prepared PowerPoint presentations, took minutes and collected supporting documentation. Managed and updated service center database in Access and Filemaker. Provided reports for Technical Field Repos for training, insurance and contracl renewals for 200 service centres nationally. Created, distributed and analyzed data for customer surveys. Created and maintained the diviional intranet web sige in Front Page. Prepared month end reporting using SAP, Excel and Crystal.
Pros
abiltiy to learn a lot of different programs.
Cons
Intolerance of your present creates your future.
Quality Inspector/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Leslie and EglingtonJuly 9, 2012
Overall I enjoyed working in the company of my superiors and subordinates. I don't expect change in others in the first place. whereas I change self according to situations. I loved the job I did and made most of it.

My Principle - Don't complain about what you permit.
Pros
a fair share of benefits - word, deed and action.
Cons
yes is time controlling us, at the same time adapt & be willing to situations
Steady, fun work environment with potential to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2012
-Customer service and constant inventory duties are the basis of the day to activities. Pricing, stocking, loss prevention, shipping, receiving, cycle counts etc., are part the the daily inventory tasks.
-further expanded skills of office equipment and computer skills.
-The management was excellent. They were always fair and friendly.
-All staff was friendly and more like a family then co-workers.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all new product technology specs. It required constantly updating my knowledge but really helped me to understand not only what it does but also why.
-The most enjoyable part really was the staff. They made it a pleasure to come to work everyday.
Pros
excellent staff and environment