Sony Employee Reviews

Great follow up opportunities
Customer Advisor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 October 2016
The jobs was to deal with every day consumer's complains and issues. Great team work but bad management who took always advantage of the non UK teams.
Too many young incompetent employee and team leaders have advanced in their career just because there wasn't enough staff available.
Pros
Great chances to grow
Cons
Sexism and incompent management
Enjoable coming to work every day.
Reverse Logistics and Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 October 2016
They atmosphere was very stress free, and management was very approachable. Received training on many new aspects of job requirements.Co workers were helpful and cooperative.
Is a good place to learn.
Technical support Agent. (Former Employee) –  El Salvador24 August 2016
Is a good place to start your first job and practice English in a Country that most of the people speak only Spanish, is also a place that the management is very bad at least here in El Salvador, they only aloud to grow if you are one of his friends.
Pros
Learn and practice English
Cons
Management, is a very bad place to work.
Great!
Leader of Production Scheduling/Planning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
It was an environment like no other, allowing me to really learn more about the area of study i was interested in. The benefits were great and work was flexible.
Lots of fun
Animation Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
The internship with Sony is really great. Learned a lot and made friends for life in the other interns. The artists who were in house at the time made it a point to get to know us and teach us. Hiring process was smooth and I felt comfortable there.
Pros
Great culture, fun people, free food
Cons
The studio was moving at the time, so I did not get the full experience
Competitive and enjoyable workplace
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2016
Each day our sales staff would help customers find the right product for them while delivering great customer service.

In my time there I learned a lot about sales and how to deal with every type of customer.

The management provided a great working environment for the staff while maintaining the ability to consistently reach budgets,
Lack of innovation and living in the past
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2016
Company relied heavily on their past successes to drive them forward. Failed to innovate and satisfy the needs of the changing customer base. Employees are constantly asked to do more with less. Company rewards employees fairly, however those with great innovative ideas do not get a chance to be heard.
Pros
Nice gift rewards (merchandise)
Cons
Uninspiring work culture
Excellent productive and positive work enviroment for employees
Account Manager, Professional Solutions Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2016
Awesome and very happy workplace environment with very supportive staff in all departments.

Management listened to the VOC(voice of customers) to make a change in delivery of products and services.

Very open evaluation process between management and employees.
Pros
Amazing benefit package
Feature Matte Painting
Senior Digital Matte Painter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CA8 July 2016
Matte Paintings were done daily. Loved the pace and challenge of the production and the people were great.
fun and upscale place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 June 2016
very good experience at Sony Canada , fun people to work with also great people to learn from and also got alot sales experience
Excellent place to work
Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 September 2015
Over all a very good company to work for. Lots of learning and trainings for all. Japanese management style very comfortable working experience. Very good working environment and less stressed job.
Pros
paid travel and food, culture name
Cons
Extended work hours, Lots of travel
Great employee benefits including advancements
HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2015
Working at Sony were very rewarding for me, because I am a dedicated hard worker. Check and respond to all email and voice mails and lay out project to be completed for the day week and month. I learned to balance my work by staying current on all issues. Our management team was very understanding because we they all faced the same challenges. My support staff and peers are very dedicated and all did what is necessary to complete the day to day tasks. The hardest part of the job were the long hours. Most enjoyable and rewarding were the project I worked on.
Pros
free parking
Good Place to Kickstart a career
Event, Marketing and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2013
Great place to work if you're looking to be a part of a industry leader in consumer electronics.
Be the envy of all of your friends and family, by being the one who had a one up on all of the latest advancements in technology.

Very hard working culture with honest values for such a large company. Excellent and inviting environment from the cafeteria team all the way to the president.

At times got lost in the shuffle as to what our roles really were with limited options to move up due to the size of Sony of Canada.
Pros
great way to get started in the industry
Cons
easy to plateau with opportunities few and far between
alrite job, horrible work environment
warehouse worker (forklift operator) (Former Employee) –  Whitby Ontario EDC5 September 2012
I was a forklift operator at EDC in whitby ont, job was decent it was just a bad work environment, alot of politics in the warehouse, very odd management and how they hire and run the warehouse, you are hired on a contract for lets say 6months, you are not told whether your contract will be extended or if you will be hired as an employee untill the end of your last shift at the end of your contract, id say the worst part of working here would have to be the other workers , very bitter, rude, racist, and disrespectful crew.....lets just say i ran far away from sony after i landed a next job, i would never work there again
Pros
the job
Cons
the pay, co-workers, management
make believe
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  cochin3 January 2016
sony is the japan company and most top of the world, sony offered f worlds best picture quality and sound quality, sony gave tension free job and job security
Fast Pace working environment
Stock Handler/Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Fast pace environment
Ability to work in sync with a team
lots to learn
Fun to work
Team work
benefits are good

lots of new experiences to learn new stuff
Good place to start
Field Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2015
This role is ideal for people looking to their start career and learn new skills. Good company and great people to work with however compensation is below par and growth is minimal.
Personable work with retail experience
Playstation Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2014
Travelling to retail stores ensuring that the Playstation brand is represented with marketing materials appropriately and properly. Training staff on the latest and greatest features, products and games.
Creating marketing displays with display boxes, clings and such for windows, retail space in stores, etc.
Working with management within retail stores to place promotions and marketing materials to showcase the brand.
Flexible hours
A great complay to work for
Sony Style Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2015
I loved working with Sony, it was a great company to work for in and the management team was always giving me the tools to move up to the next level. The perks and discount was great.
Pros
Relax working environment
Cons
Having to deal with the different temperments of customer
Fast paced work environment catering to retail with many deadlines
Logistics Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, Ontario30 April 2015
The beginning of each month usually starts slow and ramps up by month end to meet all the sales targets.
I learned every aspect of the warehouse and office work in my 24 years there. If you want to learn, there is no limit. The employees were great to work with and I miss working with them.
The hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week from October to December but it made me appreciate the weekends much more when it was slow again.
It was a great job all around my favorite part was helping employees with work issues and working with Order Management to make sure the special handling orders were taken care of appropriately.
Pros
Versatile and never boring
Cons
Lots of overtime from October to December. Good for the wallet. ;-)