Sony

Sony Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Colleagues are easy to go along with. Managers are supportive
SALES CONSULTANT/SUPERVISOR - Sony of Canada (Former Employee), Grandview CornersJune 4, 2014
It is not your usual mall sales environment. Selling is made fun because of interaction with customers especially for tech-savvy people. The hardest part of the job is only when there are a lot of customers and there are only too few sales consultants to entertain them.
Good Company , Great people
Business Process Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
• Led efforts to switch legacy reporting to SAP Business Objects XIR 3.1 as an enterprise wide deployment.
• Led cross functional teams to gather and evaluate the key phases of the process to ensure smooth transition.
• Managed service process and technical training of all Sony’s products.
• Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close issues in support of the project requirements
• Created Requirement, Functional and Design documents as per Business requirements.
• Worked closely with Business and IT teams to develop project requirements.
• Performed gap analysis to identify any gaps during the mapping phase.
• Developed project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics
• Overseeing project & resource planning and the implementation of Agile based execution.
• Developed Quarterly targets for Authorized Sony Service Centers.
• Monitored Authorized Sony Service Centers KPI and KRA throughout the year.
• Developed work plans and coordinated activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
Platinum Club Member
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TORONTO ONMarch 11, 2013
I involved in day to day operations of a flagship store in Toronto,
I have completed the MIT program from Sony. I am responsible for hiring and training new staff on regular basis. I am passionate about my approach on selling and achieving sales targets
Steady, fun work environment with potential to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2012
Pros: excellent staff and environment
-Customer service and constant inventory duties are the basis of the day to activities. Pricing, stocking, loss prevention, shipping, receiving, cycle counts etc., are part the the daily inventory tasks.
-further expanded skills of office equipment and computer skills.
-The management was excellent. They were always fair and friendly.
-All staff was friendly and more like a family then co-workers.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all new product technology specs. It required constantly updating my knowledge but really helped me to understand not only what it does but also why.
-The most enjoyable part really was the staff. They made it a pleasure to come to work everyday.
Difficult working enviornment
Teletech - Sales representative (Former Employee), Orillia, OntarioSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day included answering calls, offering Sony products to customers and transferring them to the department in which they need. I learned that it isn't easy to be a salesperson, especially when it is by telephone. Teletech had equipment which made it difficult to understand the customer, and in turn was difficult to sell to the customer or help them get to where the needed to go to solve any issues they had. My co-workers were very friendly, but also were stressed in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was when a customer was satisfied with the service I provided for them, and I was able to go through different laptops and Sony electronics with them.
alrite job, horrible work environment
warehouse worker (forklift operator) (Former Employee), Whitby Ontario EDCSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: the job
Cons: the pay, co-workers, management
I was a forklift operator at EDC in whitby ont, job was decent it was just a bad work environment, alot of politics in the warehouse, very odd management and how they hire and run the warehouse, you are hired on a contract for lets say 6months, you are not told whether your contract will be extended or if you will be hired as an employee untill the end of your last shift at the end of your contract, id say the worst part of working here would have to be the other workers , very bitter, rude, racist, and disrespectful crew.....lets just say i ran far away from sony after i landed a next job, i would never work there again
Productive and fun workplace
forklift driver (Former Employee), Enfield, ENGJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: nice hours
Cons: work patten
I worked at SONY as a forklift driver. Some of the responsibilities were to pick high racking or heavy orders, loading and offloading vehicles (goods in/goods out) and also working in other positions like picking and packing, quality control and confirmation.
Intense Upbeat Environment
Technician Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Working for Sony was a great experience and opportunity to meet talented people across various disciplines.
Hectic and Productive
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJanuary 21, 2015
Very hectic and fast paced job that allowed me to get a wider scope of management and liaising with more staff.

I enjoyed the part where I had to give training to my staff and arrange their rotas, the brainstorming sessions and the hours spent looking for ways to improve our service.
Hard work, little pay
Floor Lead/ Lead Operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good benefits, laid back
Cons: long hours
When I first worked at Sony it was the best job anyone could have. There falling of the company have led to bad decisions. They grew too fast and did not know how to keep up. I worked with some great people and made the best memories there. But they do not care about there employees no more. You can tell the business will not be there much longer. I am thankful for the time I had there.
Great Place to work
Business Control Manager North America (Current Employee), atlantaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: so many restructuring and management changes
-Good Benefits, Insurance, vacations and also working from home when needed
-Great people and work environment
-Opportunities for career growth specially if open to rellocate
-So many restructuring and Management Changes
It was a great learning experience working for the first CD plant in the US.
Visual Inspector promoted to Supervisor (Former Employee), Terre Haute IndianaDecember 19, 2014
Pros: advancement, traveling and a great management team.
Arrived at work and review the report from the first shift supervisor and discuss any issues.
Meet with my operators (printing and inspectors) to inform them our schedule and prioritize the orders to ensure they delivered on time. I would go to the printing area and pull CDs off the printer to check for quality issues and make adjustments, go to the inspection area and review each inspectors' rate of production and enquire if they were locating any defects that should be reported to the clean room.
Walk to packaging check the schedule and prioritize the schedule , ensure everyone knew the responsibilities. I performed these duties through a 12 hour shift.
Management was American and Japanese, they were a great team.
I enjoyed working with supervisors from other areas of the facility, I learned so much from them.
I was asked to travel to Japan for additional training. It was a wonderful experience of my life.
SAP FICO 10+ years experience and Vertex 6+ years experience
Sr. SAP Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Park Ridge, NJDecember 10, 2014
SAP FICO 10+ years experience and Vertex 6+ years experience
Sony
Multilingual Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesDecember 9, 2014
So far the best company I worked with. Training with all the live devices is great. Co-workers were great. Management was great.
Good Company
Dispatch Agent (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: very professional
Cons: worked on some weekends.
sony was a great company to work for. I felt like I was part of a family. But it was just a temp position. But I was treated very well while there.
Telephone Help Desk Coordination
Help Desk Coordinator II (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 1, 2014
I enjoyed working with the customers on the phone, but the shift of 5pm to 2am made things difficult at times. I ended up sleeping the majority of the day away and being awake all night. The management there was not very helpful, but the training was very good. I learned a lot about computers including networking while working there.
productive safe workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILDecember 1, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks weekends off
Cons: holiday pay
Wide variety of jobs done throughout the day including stocking,order filling, and unloading trucks. The management is very easy to approach and talk to and everyone who works there is very nice and friendly. Some days there is a lot of work to get done in limited time and a lot of lifting. Getting to interact and help customers get everything they need and want is enjoyable and fulfilling
fantastic company to work for
Production Operator (Former Employee), Pencoed, WLSNovember 28, 2014
The Hours were perfect, the pay was good and the staff and collegues were friendly and the location was close to home.
A Great learning experience
Sales (Former Employee), Riverhead,NYNovember 12, 2014
Meet and greet customers, build a relationship with the customer, review and answers whatever questions the customer had on the products, overcome whatever objections the customers had regarding the products, and build a stong relationship with the customer so they can be a repeat customer at the store and so they can recommend me to anyone else that was interested in purchasing from us.I learned thatI I have the confidence to take on any sales job given the opportunity. I got along great with my co-workers and management for the time I was there. I learned the importance of showing up on time and being neat and clean. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers it made the day go by quickly and made me money...
sales
SALES (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 8, 2014
company was nice,brand was also good,working environment and management was very friendly and very coperative and supportive,
i am fortunate that i have experienced with this company,

1 2 3 4 5

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more