Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent productive and positive work enviroment for employees
Account Manager, Professional Solutions Group (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Amazing benefit package
Awesome and very happy workplace environment with very supportive staff in all departments.

Management listened to the VOC(voice of customers) to make a change in delivery of products and services.

Very open evaluation process between management and employees.
Lack of innovation and living in the past
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Nice gift rewards (merchandise)
Cons: Uninspiring work culture
Company relied heavily on their past successes to drive them forward. Failed to innovate and satisfy the needs of the changing customer base. Employees are constantly asked to do more with less. Company rewards employees fairly, however those with great innovative ideas do not get a chance to be heard.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: long standing
Learned new products, met different types of customer. Resolved different types of customer issues. Role plays gives more confident in selling. Merchandising, functional demos of product. Nice team environment, learn and share each other
Store Operations Manager
Store Operations Manager (Canada) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Still a very good market
Cons: No retail stores
Innovative Company. But due to production issues and no RnD sales were down. Recently Sony of Canada closed all 80 stores in Canada.
great work environment
Assist in Customers Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
my co-worker was very kind and helpful, learn at of different ways to get around getting my tasks completed. I learn how to handle and manage different customer problems.
A great complay to work for
Sony Style Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Relax working environment
Cons: Having to deal with the different temperments of customer
I loved working with Sony, it was a great company to work for in and the management team was always giving me the tools to move up to the next level. The perks and discount was great.
Great fun workplace in a fast pace environment
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
It was a great company to work for coming right out of school. I learned a lot in my time with Sony about communication, negotiating and customer service. I worked with a great team in my 4 years working with the company. It was a trust worthy group that would always be ready to help out whenever needed. It really made for a positive experience.
Fast Pace working environment
Stock Handler/Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Fast pace environment
Ability to work in sync with a team
lots to learn
Fun to work
Team work
benefits are good

lots of new experiences to learn new stuff
make believe
Sales Executive (Former Employee), cochinJanuary 3, 2016
sony is the japan company and most top of the world, sony offered f worlds best picture quality and sound quality, sony gave tension free job and job security
Excellent place to work
Store Operations Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: paid travel and food, culture name
Cons: Extended work hours, Lots of travel
Over all a very good company to work for. Lots of learning and trainings for all. Japanese management style very comfortable working experience. Very good working environment and less stressed job.
Excited Place
Deputy General Manager (Former Employee), Kuwait StateOctober 16, 2015
In this section , I got very familiar with all Sony products in professional and industrial field . Also, I got many trained in this field as well as attended many conventions
Great people and atmostphere
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Lower Mainland, BCSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: None
Great comrodery, very fun to work with the people, always new technologies to work with and learn. Constantly learning, lots of training, fast paced, and rewarding
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABOctober 13, 2015
Sony is an awesome company to work for. If the store hadn't closed its doors I would still be there. Sony treated us very well.
Great employee benefits including advancements
HR MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours
Working at Sony were very rewarding for me, because I am a dedicated hard worker. Check and respond to all email and voice mails and lay out project to be completed for the day week and month. I learned to balance my work by staying current on all issues. Our management team was very understanding because we they all faced the same challenges. My support staff and peers are very dedicated and all did what is necessary to complete the day to day tasks. The hardest part of the job were the long hours. Most enjoyable and rewarding were the project I worked on.
Fast paced work environment catering to retail with many deadlines
Logistics Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Whitby, OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: Versatile and never boring
Cons: Lots of overtime from October to December. Good for the wallet. ;-)
The beginning of each month usually starts slow and ramps up by month end to meet all the sales targets.
I learned every aspect of the warehouse and office work in my 24 years there. If you want to learn, there is no limit. The employees were great to work with and I miss working with them.
The hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week from October to December but it made me appreciate the weekends much more when it was slow again.
It was a great job all around my favorite part was helping employees with work issues and working with Order Management to make sure the special handling orders were taken care of appropriately.
Very fast paced company
Christmas Sales (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 8, 2015
A very competetive, fast paced working environment. Most employees were very supportive in a team oriented environment.
Good place to start
Field Marketing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
This role is ideal for people looking to their start career and learn new skills. Good company and great people to work with however compensation is below par and growth is minimal.
Easy workplace with relaxed supervisor
Temporary Production Worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: relaxed work pace, coworkers, boss, weekday shifts
Cons: upper management, being hired through a temp agency
Sony was easy with music, relaxed, not really time constrained, my boss was laid back as long as work was completed properly and on time. Coworkers were interesting and fun to be around enjoyed working there just wasn't happy with the fact that it was through a temp agency.
very nice place to work,friendly people
Technician III (Former Employee), toronto,ontApril 21, 2015
Pros: learning new products
Cons: losts of pressure to finish jab on time
lots of different products to repair
working in service team was mostly pleasure
good caring managment
most enjoy playing soccer with sony team
take part in national service contest
Yearly downsizing is a concern - Strong brand name
Supply Chain Group (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
you can learn a lot and great working staff
management needs improvement to keep this company going
hardest part of the job is keep taking on additional work not related to your position without the increase in salary to compensate for it
Headquarters