Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Pace working environment
Stock Handler/Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Fast pace environment
Ability to work in sync with a team
lots to learn
Fun to work
Team work
benefits are good

lots of new experiences to learn new stuff
Excellent productive and positive work enviroment for employees
Account Manager, Professional Solutions Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Awesome and very happy workplace environment with very supportive staff in all departments.

Management listened to the VOC(voice of customers) to make a change in delivery of products and services.

Very open evaluation process between management and employees.
Pros
Amazing benefit package
Competitive and enjoyable workplace
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2016
Each day our sales staff would help customers find the right product for them while delivering great customer service.

In my time there I learned a lot about sales and how to deal with every type of customer.

The management provided a great working environment for the staff while maintaining the ability to consistently reach budgets,
Good place to start
Field Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
This role is ideal for people looking to their start career and learn new skills. Good company and great people to work with however compensation is below par and growth is minimal.
Lots of fun
Animation Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 1, 2016
The internship with Sony is really great. Learned a lot and made friends for life in the other interns. The artists who were in house at the time made it a point to get to know us and teach us. Hiring process was smooth and I felt comfortable there.
Pros
Great culture, fun people, free food
Cons
The studio was moving at the time, so I did not get the full experience
Lack of innovation and living in the past
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Company relied heavily on their past successes to drive them forward. Failed to innovate and satisfy the needs of the changing customer base. Employees are constantly asked to do more with less. Company rewards employees fairly, however those with great innovative ideas do not get a chance to be heard.
Pros
Nice gift rewards (merchandise)
Cons
Uninspiring work culture
make believe
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  cochinJanuary 3, 2016
sony is the japan company and most top of the world, sony offered f worlds best picture quality and sound quality, sony gave tension free job and job security
fun and upscale place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 22, 2016
very good experience at Sony Canada , fun people to work with also great people to learn from and also got alot sales experience
Yearly downsizing is a concern - Strong brand name
Supply Chain Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
you can learn a lot and great working staff
management needs improvement to keep this company going
hardest part of the job is keep taking on additional work not related to your position without the increase in salary to compensate for it
Excellent place to work
Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 10, 2015
Over all a very good company to work for. Lots of learning and trainings for all. Japanese management style very comfortable working experience. Very good working environment and less stressed job.
Pros
paid travel and food, culture name
Cons
Extended work hours, Lots of travel
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2015
Learned new products, met different types of customer. Resolved different types of customer issues. Role plays gives more confident in selling. Merchandising, functional demos of product. Nice team environment, learn and share each other
Pros
nice environment
Cons
long standing
great work environment
Assist in Customers Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
my co-worker was very kind and helpful, learn at of different ways to get around getting my tasks completed. I learn how to handle and manage different customer problems.
Great employee benefits including advancements
HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Working at Sony were very rewarding for me, because I am a dedicated hard worker. Check and respond to all email and voice mails and lay out project to be completed for the day week and month. I learned to balance my work by staying current on all issues. Our management team was very understanding because we they all faced the same challenges. My support staff and peers are very dedicated and all did what is necessary to complete the day to day tasks. The hardest part of the job were the long hours. Most enjoyable and rewarding were the project I worked on.
Pros
free parking
Store Operations Manager
Store Operations Manager (Canada) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Innovative Company. But due to production issues and no RnD sales were down. Recently Sony of Canada closed all 80 stores in Canada.
Pros
Still a very good market
Cons
No retail stores
A great complay to work for
Sony Style Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
I loved working with Sony, it was a great company to work for in and the management team was always giving me the tools to move up to the next level. The perks and discount was great.
Pros
Relax working environment
Cons
Having to deal with the different temperments of customer
Enjoyable experience working for Sony Canada.
ASSISTANT MANAGER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 3, 2014
As a member of the team at The Sony Store in Niagara Falls, we strived to meet and exceed our sales goals as well as provide exceptional customer service. My years there were both fun and challenging, just the way I like it. Unfortunately though, the decision was made by our head office to close our store, bittersweet, but as they say, "when one door closes, another one opens"
Pros
full benefits
Intolerance of your present creates your future.
Quality Inspector/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Leslie and EglingtonJuly 9, 2012
Overall I enjoyed working in the company of my superiors and subordinates. I don't expect change in others in the first place. whereas I change self according to situations. I loved the job I did and made most of it.

My Principle - Don't complain about what you permit.
Pros
a fair share of benefits - word, deed and action.
Cons
yes is time controlling us, at the same time adapt & be willing to situations
Almost perfect
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCNovember 1, 2012
great enviroment to work, lots of work to keep you going though out the day, friendly co-workers and management.

someone willing to help you if you can't finish it before the shift or timeframe.

only downside is keeping the job they usually hire for seasonal and keep only one person for the future if needed.
Pros
salary, enviroment
Cons
shift rotations, seasonal
Fast paced work environment catering to retail with many deadlines
Logistics Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, OntarioApril 30, 2015
The beginning of each month usually starts slow and ramps up by month end to meet all the sales targets.
I learned every aspect of the warehouse and office work in my 24 years there. If you want to learn, there is no limit. The employees were great to work with and I miss working with them.
The hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week from October to December but it made me appreciate the weekends much more when it was slow again.
It was a great job all around my favorite part was helping employees with work issues and working with Order Management to make sure the special handling orders were taken care of appropriately.
Pros
Versatile and never boring
Cons
Lots of overtime from October to December. Good for the wallet. ;-)
Productive, Awesome and Exciting!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 26, 2014
Working long hours but being rewarded by great leadership and appropriate compensation.

Great team work and team building.
Pros
free food, good compensation
Cons
long hours and exhausting