Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Colleagues are easy to go along with. Managers are supportive
SALES CONSULTANT/SUPERVISOR - Sony of Canada (Former Employee), Grandview CornersJune 4, 2014
It is not your usual mall sales environment. Selling is made fun because of interaction with customers especially for tech-savvy people. The hardest part of the job is only when there are a lot of customers and there are only too few sales consultants to entertain them.
it's a firm and it's working well.
office atendant (Former Employee), kololo in ugandaMay 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch was given
Cons: 8am to 5pm
I work as office atendant am free and perfect in what i do,i have have so many things conserning office ,for example learn how to use computor, i have skill in it,i have leart how to behind,typing etc,the most impant of my job is to deliever letters to differen companies
i have know so many companies especially here in our city.
Productive but need more support and engagement from the company.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFFebruary 11, 2014
We need people that react faster.
More support in each area.
the team are awesome.
Promoted goods and services;
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), whitbyOctober 10, 2013
• Answered, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers;
• Investigated complaints regarding the establishment's goods, services and policies;
• Ordered services and goods;
• Promoted goods and services
Platinum Club Member
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TORONTO ONMarch 11, 2013
I involved in day to day operations of a flagship store in Toronto,
I have completed the MIT program from Sony. I am responsible for hiring and training new staff on regular basis. I am passionate about my approach on selling and achieving sales targets
This is in the Philippines
Advertising & Promotions Supervisor (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: long hours
8:30-5:30, hourlong lunchbreak. Lots of interesting and fun projects, lots of opportunities to meet third parties. There was opportunity to travel, and I really liked the team I worked with. The location was very accessible and the facilities were impressive.
Steady, fun work environment with potential to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2012
Pros: excellent staff and environment
-Customer service and constant inventory duties are the basis of the day to activities. Pricing, stocking, loss prevention, shipping, receiving, cycle counts etc., are part the the daily inventory tasks.
-further expanded skills of office equipment and computer skills.
-The management was excellent. They were always fair and friendly.
-All staff was – more... friendly and more like a family then co-workers.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all new product technology specs. It required constantly updating my knowledge but really helped me to understand not only what it does but also why.
-The most enjoyable part really was the staff. They made it a pleasure to come to work everyday. – less
Difficult working enviornment
Teletech - Sales representative (Former Employee), Orillia, OntarioSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day included answering calls, offering Sony products to customers and transferring them to the department in which they need. I learned that it isn't easy to be a salesperson, especially when it is by telephone. Teletech had equipment which made it difficult to understand the customer, and in turn was difficult to sell to the customer or help – more... them get to where the needed to go to solve any issues they had. My co-workers were very friendly, but also were stressed in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was when a customer was satisfied with the service I provided for them, and I was able to go through different laptops and Sony electronics with them. – less
alrite job, horrible work environment
warehouse worker (forklift operator) (Former Employee), Whitby Ontario EDCSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: the job
Cons: the pay, co-workers, management
I was a forklift operator at EDC in whitby ont, job was decent it was just a bad work environment, alot of politics in the warehouse, very odd management and how they hire and run the warehouse, you are hired on a contract for lets say 6months, you are not told whether your contract will be extended or if you will be hired as an employee untill the – more... end of your last shift at the end of your contract, id say the worst part of working here would have to be the other workers , very bitter, rude, racist, and disrespectful crew.....lets just say i ran far away from sony after i landed a next job, i would never work there again – less
High productive place to work with a great working environment on an extremely dynamic market/country
CS Chief Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay (Current Employee), Buenos Aires, ArgentinaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: work place environment, customer service team, brand name, empowerment and how much i learn here.
Cons: career plan "on hold" due to present market situation for the next 2 years.
Everyday market rules and situation change mainly due to government change on Customs Regulation, Market Regulation, Local Producing incentives, Import Restriction, etc.
Here I learned to achieve Tgts to assure Customer Satisfaction whatever the country market/business environment changes are by team working and focus on deadlines.
Poor Management
Coordinator Spare Parts and Logistic (Former Employee), SydneyJuly 28, 2014
- Receiving, Dispatching, and Distributing, spare parts to all technicians in Sydney and other states (Melbourne, Queensland, Perth, Adelaide).
- Input spare part details or data into the system.

- Using the forklift to arrange spare parts and goods to the correct place.

- I learned how to manage the time for multitasking jobs.

- Management - there – more... was too many people involved in making decisions and therefore, brought about too many different opinions

- Co-workers, good cooperation and fun.

- The hardest part - having to make a decision to prioritise the job that is the most important when there are many jobs occurring at the same time

- After work, we went to have dinner together with co-workers to release stressed. – less
fun work
Transport Superivisor (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 23, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 12hrs
starting day is a typical day at work . i had learned so many things abt my life . my coulics are very good they help each others they guied every one
Corporate Greed has DADC in it's clutches
Operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, IndianaJuly 11, 2014
Cons: everything
Years ago people were proud to say they worked at Sony DADC. Now, however, it is embarrassing. Corporate cut backs have targeted ONLY the hourly shift employees while management walks around smug in their untouchable status. The hourly shift employees have been jerked around so much many have lost their homes, vehicles and families. Wage cut backs have – more... triggered bankruptcy and divorce, yet management and Monday through Friday salary employees remain untouched. Management and Human Resources are clueless about the needs of the hourly employees and "honestly can't understand why morale is so low". This facility is poison to a person's soul. The environment is toxic. – less
I learned a lot about IP managing/coaching people
Sony Sales Manager Central Europe & ECE Security (Former Employee), BrusselsJuly 9, 2014
coaching people
managing by distance
B2B
how to sell a concept in security
Productive Work Place
Android Developer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 2, 2014
Enjoying work with my current Organization. Learnt lot of technical things and the process.
Started as an Intern here and now evolved as a developer.
Sony tries and is learning from the mistakes.
Premium Services Expert (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2014
Pros: great working environment with new and exciting things happening everyday.
Cons: too many business decisions made at a level that was out of touch with the consumer.
Sony is rather new to the retail industry and they are suffering from the pains of growing a new business. Customer service and innovation are at all time highs, but the choice of locations has really stunted the potential growth. As the Senior Premium Service Expert, I was responsible for repairing, updating, troubleshooting, and setting up all the – more... VAIO computers. In addition, I also do the same for other Sony electronics. Helping the guest and making there day were par for the course in my typical day. This was probably the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was having to say goodbye to all of my managers and coworkers when Sony closed the location. We had a great team atmosphere with incredible synergy that allowed us to help our guests effectively and deliver a world class guest experience. – less
Sony Rep
Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 8, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and great pay
Cons: only could work weekend hours
Working on the Sony MarketStar program was a great experience for me. The only bad thing about it was I only worked Thursday-Sunday. And advancement through Sony was available.
High volume wafer fab
Engineering Manager, New Products (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2014
Cons: plant has closed
Enjoyable work environment
Good people to work with
Plant closed in 2002
Call Center Rep
SR. REP (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2014
Pros: short hours with a great compensation
Cons: short breaks
Days were easier than any other position I made a great salary doing less work but this position was only temp.
I have a very good experince working for Sony Electronics
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 15, 2014
My daily tasks were to review all shipping orders that need to be process during the day by priority/eta and transit times.Have a daily meeting with all my co-workers to ensure we were in the same page to meet the goal for that day.
Also make sure all equipment was in good condition to avoid any safety accident or delay in shipping and receiving customer – more... requirement.
Assist to all daily meetings required by BU and Managers. The hardest part was to let members know about the cutting of hours required by operation without jeopardizing their Job and commitment to the company.
Most enjoyable part was that our operation was in compliance with all requirements established by our Customers – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more