Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Colleagues are easy to go along with. Managers are supportive
SALES CONSULTANT/SUPERVISOR - Sony of Canada (Former Employee), Grandview CornersJune 4, 2014
It is not your usual mall sales environment. Selling is made fun because of interaction with customers especially for tech-savvy people. The hardest part of the job is only when there are a lot of customers and there are only too few sales consultants to entertain them.
Good Company , Great people
Business Process Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
• Led efforts to switch legacy reporting to SAP Business Objects XIR 3.1 as an enterprise wide deployment.
• Led cross functional teams to gather and evaluate the key phases of the process to ensure smooth transition.
• Managed service process and technical training of all Sony’s products.
• Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close – more... issues in support of the project requirements
• Created Requirement, Functional and Design documents as per Business requirements.
• Worked closely with Business and IT teams to develop project requirements.
• Performed gap analysis to identify any gaps during the mapping phase.
• Developed project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics
• Overseeing project & resource planning and the implementation of Agile based execution.
• Developed Quarterly targets for Authorized Sony Service Centers.
• Monitored Authorized Sony Service Centers KPI and KRA throughout the year.
• Developed work plans and coordinated activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. – less
Promoted goods and services;
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), whitbyOctober 10, 2013
• Answered, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers;
• Investigated complaints regarding the establishment's goods, services and policies;
• Ordered services and goods;
• Promoted goods and services
Platinum Club Member
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TORONTO ONMarch 11, 2013
I involved in day to day operations of a flagship store in Toronto,
I have completed the MIT program from Sony. I am responsible for hiring and training new staff on regular basis. I am passionate about my approach on selling and achieving sales targets
Steady, fun work environment with potential to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2012
Pros: excellent staff and environment
-Customer service and constant inventory duties are the basis of the day to activities. Pricing, stocking, loss prevention, shipping, receiving, cycle counts etc., are part the the daily inventory tasks.
-further expanded skills of office equipment and computer skills.
-The management was excellent. They were always fair and friendly.
-All staff was – more... friendly and more like a family then co-workers.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all new product technology specs. It required constantly updating my knowledge but really helped me to understand not only what it does but also why.
-The most enjoyable part really was the staff. They made it a pleasure to come to work everyday. – less
Difficult working enviornment
Teletech - Sales representative (Former Employee), Orillia, OntarioSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day included answering calls, offering Sony products to customers and transferring them to the department in which they need. I learned that it isn't easy to be a salesperson, especially when it is by telephone. Teletech had equipment which made it difficult to understand the customer, and in turn was difficult to sell to the customer or help – more... them get to where the needed to go to solve any issues they had. My co-workers were very friendly, but also were stressed in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was when a customer was satisfied with the service I provided for them, and I was able to go through different laptops and Sony electronics with them. – less
alrite job, horrible work environment
warehouse worker (forklift operator) (Former Employee), Whitby Ontario EDCSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: the job
Cons: the pay, co-workers, management
I was a forklift operator at EDC in whitby ont, job was decent it was just a bad work environment, alot of politics in the warehouse, very odd management and how they hire and run the warehouse, you are hired on a contract for lets say 6months, you are not told whether your contract will be extended or if you will be hired as an employee untill the – more... end of your last shift at the end of your contract, id say the worst part of working here would have to be the other workers , very bitter, rude, racist, and disrespectful crew.....lets just say i ran far away from sony after i landed a next job, i would never work there again – less
It's VFX - Visual Effects for film
VFX Production Manager (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: exciting and fast paced environment
Cons: long hours
Typical day at work is 12 hours of meetings, note taking, data entry, shot and information reconciling within department and between all departments, people management, archaeological digs for information compiled during shooting and now needed for post, budgeting, scheduling, deadlines, being an open book for all team members so information passes – more... effectively between the team - no bottlenecks. The most enjoyable part of the job - working with a terrific group of people with one objective - to get the film done on time and on budget. The hardest part of the job - so much to do and time is finite - only 24 hours in a day no matter how you look at it. – less
Innovative place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee), Brussels, BRUSeptember 6, 2014
Great place to work. You learn a lot and travel and have a lot of fun. You learn a lot about technology
A company struggling to find a new identity
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Work from homeAugust 31, 2014
-A typical work day has me out on the road, teaching others about products and services that the company provides.
-This job has taught me how to manage my time effectively and manage myself while supporting and coaching others.
-Management has changed so many times, I'm not sure how to really comment on it. This company has been in transition, so each – more... year I've had an different direct manager. Even at the highest level, there have been several changes, so it's hard to comment on their management style and future direction.
-Co-workers have always been great, fun people to work with. However, with all the changes, many of those people are gone and overall morale has dropped.
-The hardest part of the job is keeping yourself and your team motivated during this difficult time. With all of the fun and excitement that this job use to bring, now that there is sense of constant urgency and job uncertainty, attempting to bring that excitement back has become the most difficult task.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is the subject matter that I am working with. We get to play around with and talk about the latest and greatest in electronics today. Not many people can say they got to watch TV, listen to music, take some pictures and play some video games, and that being a hard day at work.

As of August 2014 – less
Sony Exculesive store Urmila Tower Dhanbad
MARKETING (Current Employee), DhanbadAugust 23, 2014
when market closed and sale not done.
I learned customer behavior and selling skills.
Co.management very supportive and helpful.
My Co-Workers very helpful.
when flying customer visit the store and convert to sale.
the most enjoyable part is to achieve day target.
Great Company
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: company discounts, great benefits, great training, great products
Cons: little to non production
Loved the company, employees, benefits. They had a steady and good production flow until they reliocated the company elsewhere causing a layoff
New and Innovating
Sony Ericson Marketing Development Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TxAugust 19, 2014
Awesome place to work
Great team work
Hardest part is keeping up with the changes.
Learned a ton about royalties
Copyright Department Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
A typical day of work was redacting stacks of contracts to remove information from them that wasn't pertinent to the parties the contract was being sent to, or was classified from them.
good pace job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), laredo, txAugust 18, 2014
at this job I use to input information for a renewal or replaced playstation. we use to input the data into the system and checked for warranties or any damage. the hardest thing about this job was we had a goal that had to be reached every time and maintain no errors.
Non- stop production
Assembler (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAAugust 17, 2014
worked in all different assembly lines wherever needed
learned new positions all the time
Disciplined place to work ,learned alot,fun environment
sales representative (Former Employee), lahore pakistanAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, discounts
Cons: not any significant
It was fun to work in SONY i was the sales representative there it was a nice friendly and fun environment there i learned a lot about the sales outbound inbound cold calls warm calls...reaching sales targets my manager at Sony was a really nice man always motivational,friendly and helpful there were also typical days where i had to deal with some extra – more... angry and manner less customers hardest part of the job was reaching sales target most enjoyable part was when i reached the sales target before time also assisting good nice nature customers was also very enjoying and being a student i also really enjoy to assisting the student customer as suggesting them different solutions according to there budget – less
Abap Technical and Functional
ABAP Consultant (Support) (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 10, 2014
Good Functional Knowledge SAP Sales and Distribution

Abap skills:
i enjoyed working here
Sales representative (Former Employee), hawthorne,caAugust 10, 2014
easy going sales oriented position assisted customers and answered questions regarding sony bravia line of televisions
Very nice
QA Software Test Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 1, 2014

Excellent management
Good people
Con: Phasing down of dept.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more