Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive but need more support and engagement from the company.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFFebruary 11, 2014
We need people that react faster.
More support in each area.
the team are awesome.
Promoted goods and services;
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), whitbyOctober 10, 2013
• Answered, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers;
• Investigated complaints regarding the establishment's goods, services and policies;
• Ordered services and goods;
• Promoted goods and services
Platinum Club Member
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TORONTO ONMarch 11, 2013
I involved in day to day operations of a flagship store in Toronto,
I have completed the MIT program from Sony. I am responsible for hiring and training new staff on regular basis. I am passionate about my approach on selling and achieving sales targets
This is in the Philippines
Advertising & Promotions Supervisor (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: long hours
8:30-5:30, hourlong lunchbreak. Lots of interesting and fun projects, lots of opportunities to meet third parties. There was opportunity to travel, and I really liked the team I worked with. The location was very accessible and the facilities were impressive.
fun place to work at very friendly environment
Sales representative (Former Employee), delhi, indiaJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches and breaks
Cons: long hours
learned alot about customer service
met new people so confidence is increased
co workers were amazing
job was fun i loved it totally
Steady, fun work environment with potential to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2012
Pros: excellent staff and environment
-Customer service and constant inventory duties are the basis of the day to activities. Pricing, stocking, loss prevention, shipping, receiving, cycle counts etc., are part the the daily inventory tasks.
-further expanded skills of office equipment and computer skills.
-The management was excellent. They were always fair and friendly.
-All staff was – more... friendly and more like a family then co-workers.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all new product technology specs. It required constantly updating my knowledge but really helped me to understand not only what it does but also why.
-The most enjoyable part really was the staff. They made it a pleasure to come to work everyday. – less
Difficult working enviornment
Teletech - Sales representative (Former Employee), Orillia, OntarioSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day included answering calls, offering Sony products to customers and transferring them to the department in which they need. I learned that it isn't easy to be a salesperson, especially when it is by telephone. Teletech had equipment which made it difficult to understand the customer, and in turn was difficult to sell to the customer or help – more... them get to where the needed to go to solve any issues they had. My co-workers were very friendly, but also were stressed in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was when a customer was satisfied with the service I provided for them, and I was able to go through different laptops and Sony electronics with them. – less
alrite job, horrible work environment
warehouse worker (forklift operator) (Former Employee), Whitby Ontario EDCSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: the job
Cons: the pay, co-workers, management
I was a forklift operator at EDC in whitby ont, job was decent it was just a bad work environment, alot of politics in the warehouse, very odd management and how they hire and run the warehouse, you are hired on a contract for lets say 6months, you are not told whether your contract will be extended or if you will be hired as an employee untill the – more... end of your last shift at the end of your contract, id say the worst part of working here would have to be the other workers , very bitter, rude, racist, and disrespectful crew.....lets just say i ran far away from sony after i landed a next job, i would never work there again – less
Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 18, 2014
Good place to work.Difficult to get to. I was a contractor.Treaed with respect.
Learning Experience
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAApril 18, 2014
Pros: met some great people and learned the definition of hard work
Cons: temperature on certain days
Working at Sony was great. During this time I worked on an assembly line and dealt with the packing of the PlayStation hardware and the accessories that came with it. The atmosphere was great and the people were the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations that everyone on the line would all take a part of while we were working – more... the line. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the temperature on some of those hot summer days due to us being in a warehouse. – less
My employees were great
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Terre Haute INApril 17, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: hours
Sony supervisors are rude.
12 hour shifts are horrible
My co workers were awesome
way to sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), kochi,keralaApril 16, 2014
its really helping me to start my sales career in a big brand.learn more about sales from my co workers.
YOU GET A LOT OF MEETING PEOPLE
Marketing Executive - SONY Play Station Team (Current Employee), Dubai, U A EApril 12, 2014
Pros: manage your own time
Cons: time pressure
SONY is one of the Division in JUMBO Electronics . L.L.C . I belong to a PLAY STATION group in charge of all marketing branding aspects i do a lot of coordination in different retailers and power retailers. It is more challenging job and a lot of time pressures involved.
demanding but fun
Supervisor/Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: good sales incentives, people, great product, healthcare
Cons: long hours, parking, warranty companies
typical day includes helping customers with product selections, service issues, and cleaning. As a supervisor duties included employee supervision,strategic sales planing, team building, training, and event planing.
The in store management team was awesome and headquarters were very helpful and frequently worked together.
The hardest part of the job – more... was handling warranty service escalations and dealing with system errors which were common. But the most rewarding part of this job was helping people get what was perfect for them and helping theme get their items fixed; some of which valued more then $3,000. Another great part of this job is the diverse people you meet; they are form all over the world.

Unfortunately the store that I worked in has now been closed – less
Fun but it's no longer there.
Warehouse Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2014
it doesn't really matter how i review this store, it's not there anymore anyway.
very productive
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day consists of get as many packages out of the warehouse as possible. I learned different ways to work faster everyday. The manages were very precise. Co-workers are more like team workers. The hardest part was lifting boxes hat were too heavy. I enjoyed everything.
Hard work leeds to sucess
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Bikaner,RjsthanMarch 24, 2014
This job was much good and i have to do some extra work also to complete my responsibilities as this is my first job.Working late night and early starts before office-time includes in my job work.
great job
Technology Guide (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2014
have no complaints. fun job, as long as you do your job and keep out of trouble. supervisors are very fair and understanding
Excellent company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2014
I had a great experience with Sony. Managed a great staff averaging around twenty technicians and customer service reps.
Factory Service Center repaired all Sony Branded products. Showroom sales for Sony products and accessories.
Unfortunately, Sony closed all 26 Factory repair centers in the U.S. and moved Service Operations to Mexico in 2001.
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 18, 2014
Pros: electronic sales
Cons: store closing
Great chance to increase product knowledge, unfortunately retail division is closing

1 2 3 4 5

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more