Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

fun and upscale place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 22, 2016
very good experience at Sony Canada , fun people to work with also great people to learn from and also got alot sales experience
Lots of fun
Animation Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 1, 2016
The internship with Sony is really great. Learned a lot and made friends for life in the other interns. The artists who were in house at the time made it a point to get to know us and teach us. Hiring process was smooth and I felt comfortable there.
Pros
Great culture, fun people, free food
Cons
The studio was moving at the time, so I did not get the full experience
Competitive and enjoyable workplace
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2016
Each day our sales staff would help customers find the right product for them while delivering great customer service.

In my time there I learned a lot about sales and how to deal with every type of customer.

The management provided a great working environment for the staff while maintaining the ability to consistently reach budgets,
Excellent productive and positive work enviroment for employees
Account Manager, Professional Solutions Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Awesome and very happy workplace environment with very supportive staff in all departments.

Management listened to the VOC(voice of customers) to make a change in delivery of products and services.

Very open evaluation process between management and employees.
Pros
Amazing benefit package
great work environment
Assist in Customers Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
my co-worker was very kind and helpful, learn at of different ways to get around getting my tasks completed. I learn how to handle and manage different customer problems.
Store Operations Manager
Store Operations Manager (Canada) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Innovative Company. But due to production issues and no RnD sales were down. Recently Sony of Canada closed all 80 stores in Canada.
Pros
Still a very good market
Cons
No retail stores
Lack of innovation and living in the past
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Company relied heavily on their past successes to drive them forward. Failed to innovate and satisfy the needs of the changing customer base. Employees are constantly asked to do more with less. Company rewards employees fairly, however those with great innovative ideas do not get a chance to be heard.
Pros
Nice gift rewards (merchandise)
Cons
Uninspiring work culture
make believe
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  cochinJanuary 3, 2016
sony is the japan company and most top of the world, sony offered f worlds best picture quality and sound quality, sony gave tension free job and job security
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2015
Learned new products, met different types of customer. Resolved different types of customer issues. Role plays gives more confident in selling. Merchandising, functional demos of product. Nice team environment, learn and share each other
Pros
nice environment
Cons
long standing
Fast Pace working environment
Stock Handler/Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Fast pace environment
Ability to work in sync with a team
lots to learn
Fun to work
Team work
benefits are good

lots of new experiences to learn new stuff
Excited Place
Deputy General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuwait StateOctober 16, 2015
In this section , I got very familiar with all Sony products in professional and industrial field . Also, I got many trained in this field as well as attended many conventions
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABOctober 13, 2015
Sony is an awesome company to work for. If the store hadn't closed its doors I would still be there. Sony treated us very well.
A great complay to work for
Sony Style Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
I loved working with Sony, it was a great company to work for in and the management team was always giving me the tools to move up to the next level. The perks and discount was great.
Pros
Relax working environment
Cons
Having to deal with the different temperments of customer
Great people and atmostphere
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCSeptember 18, 2015
Great comrodery, very fun to work with the people, always new technologies to work with and learn. Constantly learning, lots of training, fast paced, and rewarding
Pros
People
Excellent place to work
Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 10, 2015
Over all a very good company to work for. Lots of learning and trainings for all. Japanese management style very comfortable working experience. Very good working environment and less stressed job.
Pros
paid travel and food, culture name
Cons
Extended work hours, Lots of travel
Very fast paced company
Christmas Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 8, 2015
A very competetive, fast paced working environment. Most employees were very supportive in a team oriented environment.
Great fun workplace in a fast pace environment
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
It was a great company to work for coming right out of school. I learned a lot in my time with Sony about communication, negotiating and customer service. I worked with a great team in my 4 years working with the company. It was a trust worthy group that would always be ready to help out whenever needed. It really made for a positive experience.
Good place to start
Field Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
This role is ideal for people looking to their start career and learn new skills. Good company and great people to work with however compensation is below par and growth is minimal.
Great employee benefits including advancements
HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Working at Sony were very rewarding for me, because I am a dedicated hard worker. Check and respond to all email and voice mails and lay out project to be completed for the day week and month. I learned to balance my work by staying current on all issues. Our management team was very understanding because we they all faced the same challenges. My support staff and peers are very dedicated and all did what is necessary to complete the day to day tasks. The hardest part of the job were the long hours. Most enjoyable and rewarding were the project I worked on.
Pros
free parking
Cons
Fast paced work environment catering to retail with many deadlines
Logistics Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, OntarioApril 30, 2015
The beginning of each month usually starts slow and ramps up by month end to meet all the sales targets.
I learned every aspect of the warehouse and office work in my 24 years there. If you want to learn, there is no limit. The employees were great to work with and I miss working with them.
The hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week from October to December but it made me appreciate the weekends much more when it was slow again.
It was a great job all around my favorite part was helping employees with work issues and working with Order Management to make sure the special handling orders were taken care of appropriately.
Pros
Versatile and never boring
Cons
Lots of overtime from October to December. Good for the wallet. ;-)