Sony Employee Reviews

Great!
Leader of Production Scheduling/Planning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
It was an environment like no other, allowing me to really learn more about the area of study i was interested in. The benefits were great and work was flexible.
Great follow up opportunities
Customer Advisor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 October 2016
The jobs was to deal with every day consumer's complains and issues. Great team work but bad management who took always advantage of the non UK teams.
Too many young incompetent employee and team leaders have advanced in their career just because there wasn't enough staff available.
Pros
Great chances to grow
Cons
Sexism and incompent management
Is a good place to learn.
Technical support Agent. (Former Employee) –  El Salvador24 August 2016
Is a good place to start your first job and practice English in a Country that most of the people speak only Spanish, is also a place that the management is very bad at least here in El Salvador, they only aloud to grow if you are one of his friends.
Pros
Learn and practice English
Cons
Management, is a very bad place to work.
Enjoable coming to work every day.
Reverse Logistics and Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 October 2016
They atmosphere was very stress free, and management was very approachable. Received training on many new aspects of job requirements.Co workers were helpful and cooperative.
Competitive and enjoyable workplace
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2016
Each day our sales staff would help customers find the right product for them while delivering great customer service.

In my time there I learned a lot about sales and how to deal with every type of customer.

The management provided a great working environment for the staff while maintaining the ability to consistently reach budgets,
Fast Pace working environment
Stock Handler/Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Fast pace environment
Ability to work in sync with a team
lots to learn
Fun to work
Team work
benefits are good

lots of new experiences to learn new stuff
Lots of fun
Animation Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2016
The internship with Sony is really great. Learned a lot and made friends for life in the other interns. The artists who were in house at the time made it a point to get to know us and teach us. Hiring process was smooth and I felt comfortable there.
Pros
Great culture, fun people, free food
Cons
The studio was moving at the time, so I did not get the full experience
Feature Matte Painting
Senior Digital Matte Painter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CA8 July 2016
Matte Paintings were done daily. Loved the pace and challenge of the production and the people were great.
fun and upscale place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 June 2016
very good experience at Sony Canada , fun people to work with also great people to learn from and also got alot sales experience
Good place to start
Field Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2015
This role is ideal for people looking to their start career and learn new skills. Good company and great people to work with however compensation is below par and growth is minimal.
Excellent productive and positive work enviroment for employees
Account Manager, Professional Solutions Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2016
Awesome and very happy workplace environment with very supportive staff in all departments.

Management listened to the VOC(voice of customers) to make a change in delivery of products and services.

Very open evaluation process between management and employees.
Pros
Amazing benefit package
Yearly downsizing is a concern - Strong brand name
Supply Chain Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2015
you can learn a lot and great working staff
management needs improvement to keep this company going
hardest part of the job is keep taking on additional work not related to your position without the increase in salary to compensate for it
Intolerance of your present creates your future.
Quality Inspector/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Leslie and Eglington9 July 2012
Overall I enjoyed working in the company of my superiors and subordinates. I don't expect change in others in the first place. whereas I change self according to situations. I loved the job I did and made most of it.

My Principle - Don't complain about what you permit.
Pros
a fair share of benefits - word, deed and action.
Cons
yes is time controlling us, at the same time adapt & be willing to situations
Lack of innovation and living in the past
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2016
Company relied heavily on their past successes to drive them forward. Failed to innovate and satisfy the needs of the changing customer base. Employees are constantly asked to do more with less. Company rewards employees fairly, however those with great innovative ideas do not get a chance to be heard.
Pros
Nice gift rewards (merchandise)
Cons
Uninspiring work culture
Enjoyable experience working for Sony Canada.
ASSISTANT MANAGER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 June 2014
As a member of the team at The Sony Store in Niagara Falls, we strived to meet and exceed our sales goals as well as provide exceptional customer service. My years there were both fun and challenging, just the way I like it. Unfortunately though, the decision was made by our head office to close our store, bittersweet, but as they say, "when one door closes, another one opens"
Pros
Full Benefits
Almost perfect
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 November 2012
great enviroment to work, lots of work to keep you going though out the day, friendly co-workers and management.

someone willing to help you if you can't finish it before the shift or timeframe.

only downside is keeping the job they usually hire for seasonal and keep only one person for the future if needed.
Pros
salary, enviroment
Cons
shift rotations, seasonal
Productive, Awesome and Exciting!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2014
Working long hours but being rewarded by great leadership and appropriate compensation.

Great team work and team building.
Pros
Free food, good compensation
Cons
Long hours and exhausting
Great employee benefits including advancements
HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2015
Working at Sony were very rewarding for me, because I am a dedicated hard worker. Check and respond to all email and voice mails and lay out project to be completed for the day week and month. I learned to balance my work by staying current on all issues. Our management team was very understanding because we they all faced the same challenges. My support staff and peers are very dedicated and all did what is necessary to complete the day to day tasks. The hardest part of the job were the long hours. Most enjoyable and rewarding were the project I worked on.
Pros
free parking
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Vancouver, BC5 August 2013
Good work environment. Great place to work. Good benefits and a very transparent working environment. Good benefits and culture.
Pros
Fkexible Hours
Cons
Store is Burnaby, Richmond and Vancouver
make believe
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  cochin3 January 2016
sony is the japan company and most top of the world, sony offered f worlds best picture quality and sound quality, sony gave tension free job and job security