Sony of Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great employee benefits including advancements
HR MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours
Working at Sony were very rewarding for me, because I am a dedicated hard worker. Check and respond to all email and voice mails and lay out project to be completed for the day week and month. I learned to balance my work by staying current on all issues. Our management team was very understanding because we they all faced the same challenges. My support staff and peers are very dedicated and all did what is necessary to complete the day to day tasks. The hardest part of the job were the long hours. Most enjoyable and rewarding were the project I worked on.
Fast paced work environment catering to retail with many deadlines
Logistics Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Whitby, OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: Versatile and never boring
Cons: Lots of overtime from October to December. Good for the wallet. ;-)
The beginning of each month usually starts slow and ramps up by month end to meet all the sales targets.
I learned every aspect of the warehouse and office work in my 24 years there. If you want to learn, there is no limit. The employees were great to work with and I miss working with them.
The hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week from October to December but it made me appreciate the weekends much more when it was slow again.
It was a great job all around my favorite part was helping employees with work issues and working with Order Management to make sure the special handling orders were taken care of appropriately.
very nice place to work,friendly people
Technician III (Former Employee), toronto,ontApril 21, 2015
Pros: learning new products
Cons: losts of pressure to finish jab on time
lots of different products to repair
working in service team was mostly pleasure
good caring managment
most enjoy playing soccer with sony team
take part in national service contest
Yearly downsizing is a concern - Strong brand name
Supply Chain Group (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
you can learn a lot and great working staff
management needs improvement to keep this company going
hardest part of the job is keep taking on additional work not related to your position without the increase in salary to compensate for it
worked there a long time ago
Dealer Support Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 10, 2015
Nice company
small and you get to know everyone
located in Mississauga
Typical 9 - 5 job
Had fun outings and lunches
Worked there a long time ago and dont remember much
Years at Sony
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 5, 2015
Sony as Brand is very well respected and strong. But unfortunately as per market competition the company couldn't sustain the decade old market share and brand image. Proud to work for Sony for 7 years but feel very helpless and sad looking at current market share of Sony TV business.
Continuous learning focused on streamlining processes
Supervisor, Sales Order Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: respected
Cons: long hours
Multi tasking from people management, tasks and master data
Personal journey, learned to strive for excellence
Management focused toward company objectives
Co-Workers hard working
Policy can sometimes slow down progress
Creativity and change
Great place to work lots of room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee), All over GTAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: first sight of new technology
Cons: retail hours
Running the store as it was your own
It is very difficult staying #1
Managers are very encouraging and work longer hours that you
Co-Workers are always helpful and always work as a team
Dealing with customers you know are wrong
Getting to set up new products that just arrived
Stressful and not fun but easy. That may seem to make little sense but it is not the job that is hard. It was the management and some of the staff.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: met good friends.
Cons: shift changes every two weeks. mornings / afternoons... half hour lunches.
Was a very nice place over all but stressful. I saw management penalize employees for making mistakes but it was done in a way that would embarrass the employee.
Fast paced environment
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee), Coquiltam, B.C.September 23, 2014
Pros: fixed hours and benefits
Cons: last minute sales orders to beat shipping deadlines
Coworkers add humour to the high pressure of meeting quotas and deadlines.
Great place to work - management is very good.
Marketing Manager / Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: work culture is collaborative
Cons: industry saturation
I loved working with Sony. Management and co workers are very nice. Everyone tries to help each other. Sony continuously comes out with great products which are very exciting to market.
Good Company with lots of great people. Too bad that the Vancouver branch has to be shut down due to the bad economic environment.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Coquitlam BCMay 2, 2014
Good Company with lots of great people. Had a great time working there!
business focus is not too clear in the last 5 years.
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
No much information shared among employees. Everyone is trying to protect his/her own expertise.
A great place to work
Technical Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: an environment where internal advancement is promoted
At Sony, it allows you to be creative. Gives you all the tools you need to succeed.
a positive working environment at Sony
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
My job at Sony is quite busy as I take up dual set of responsibilities as Financial Analyst & Retail Lease Administrator. A typical day starts with check and answer emails to internal & external customers first thing in the morning. Review some expense GLs, run reports, do analysis to resolve some issues either from system or from customers especially leasing related issues..
Time management is important, so always learn to make good use of time and be productive, and meet deadlines. However fun part is not ignored balanced work & fun is always encouraged so I would sometimes watch other co-workers play foosball for 15 minutes during my lunch hour.
Overall management in my group is positive and supportive to staff. The management behavior helps encourage the staff to excel in the job and stay loyal, open & accept different opinions.
The world is not perfect though, when you see deadline approaches and some hiccups in the system that some productivity hours or days lost while my job submission deadline did not get extended. Work overtime is unavoidable in this situation.
I like my job. It's interesting. My job is not just number crunching, it requires analytical skill to understand the business and the trend as historical part helps give the prediction in forecast or budget..
Fun to work
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaFebruary 17, 2014
Always excited to come to work. Company recognizes your ability and consider you as part of the family.
Learning about different products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North YorkJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: management
-Troubleshooting different Sony products
-Friendly environment
-Different end users
Very interesting and challenging job.
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
Pros: dealing with new products on monthly basis.
Cons: electronics very tough market
Productive and good place to work.We had to close a few locations since a electronic business on difficulty at this time.
Great Enviroment
Field Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: fun, great people
Cons: hard to move up
Great company to work for they really appreciate their employees. Everyone is super friendly and they have some excellent products. Great entery level position for people who just entered the workforce.
Fun, interactive, innovative workplace
Sr. Coordinator, Service and Engineering Division (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: abiltiy to learn a lot of different programs.
Cons: long hours
Provided admin support to the Operations Manager. Assisted with coordinating the yearly service conference. Prepared PowerPoint presentations, took minutes and collected supporting documentation. Managed and updated service center database in Access and Filemaker. Provided reports for Technical Field Repos for training, insurance and contracl renewals for 200 service centres nationally. Created, distributed and analyzed data for customer surveys. Created and maintained the diviional intranet web sige in Front Page. Prepared month end reporting using SAP, Excel and Crystal.