Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun & competitive place to work.
Sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free games and daily bonus programs.
Cons: downtime due to system crashes.
My day consisted of learning new technologies of the Sony brand and selling Sony products over the phone to incoming & outgoing calls.

I learned how to overcome objections over the phone in a manner that was not aggressive but professional & generated sales.

My co-workers were very competitive & well cultured.

The hardest part of my job was downtime – more... due to system crashes.

I most enjoyed bonuses per day that created the competitive atmosphere. – less
Potential for being a great employer
Senior Manager, HR Center of Excellence (Current Employee), San Mateo, CANovember 2, 2014
Great product - struggling management. Management needs to practice honest communication, accountability, and maturity.
Fun is guaranteed.
Engineer (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 12, 2014
Great place to work, sometimes changes take long time before they do actually happen.
Test video games, write reviews, Demonstrate products. Great atmosphere, amazing management
Advantage Sales Marketing (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: interactions, video games, products, management, pay.
Cons: driving in heavy traffic
Such a great job, Amazing management. The GM was outstanding, Always had answers to any question an employee would have. The work schedule was spectacular, The pay was great. Met a ton of great people. The plus side was the video games and customer interactions.
Challenging and exciting work enviroment.
Sales and Marketing Promotions (Current Employee), St. PetersburgAugust 27, 2014
I had a great time working with Sony. I would love to work with them again.
Non professional, Sales oriented, Not Consumer oriented
Product Specialist and Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2014
Sony is a company I really wouldn't suggest working for if your looking for a career. Sony is more of a first time job in the call center industry. Sony says that they are first call resolution but your force to end calls to meet AHT (Average Handel Time) unless your trying to sale a PPP (PlayStation Protect Plan) then you can spend all the time in – more... the world with the consumer. They also say that they are a team yet Tier 1 agents get written up when contact Tier 2 if the information they are looking for is in the IKB which isn't fully functional and missing information for over half of the issues that PlayStation has with their system especially the new PlayStation 4. – less
Very fast paced
Techinal Support CSR (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 27, 2013
Great group of people to work with but there is a lot of guidelines for AHT, and Sales requirements but hardly an bonuses in place for such things.
Very Organized when is called for
Supervisor/Customer Care/ Tech Support (Former Employee), Las VegasDecember 23, 2013
I thank the company for my employment and i have nothing negative to say about the work place.
Worst place I have worked so far
Contractor (Former Employee), Foster City, CAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: no much
Cons: working environment
Maybe because it's Japanese company work environment is bad. Contractor is 2nd class citizen at Sony.
Excellent Company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CaApril 12, 2012
Truly enjoyed my time at ASM. Company values are fantastic. I only wish they had more Consumer Electronic account in IL, so that I could continue on a more permanent basis.
Fun, Fast Paced, and Great Working Environment and Easy to get along with everyone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 2, 2012
Pros: great lunch room to enjoy with amenties galore.
Enjoyed working with the group of people for a short period of time. Everyone is helpful.
le management
Online Support Coordinator (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 2, 2014
Pros: bon environnement de travail
Cons: différence de status entre permanen et contractor
Le management ici est parfait, ils vous laissent faire votre travail sans mettre de pression inutile. vos idées sont toujours écoutées et si elles sont bonnes elles sont utilisées. On vous fait confiance.