Sony Pictures Imageworks

Sony Pictures Imageworks Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a great company
3D Artist (Former Employee), Chennai, TNFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free sodexo passes
Cons: nothing
Sony pictures was a Great company and i have got well experienced in 3D-Tracking by working on different tracking softwares. The work culture and team was soo fun loving and great.
great working envoronment with the greatest artists.
Modeler (Former Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 19, 2014
the best company I ever worked for.
great working environment, good benefit, great artists.
great opportunity for working both live action and 3d animation.
Productive & Fun
3D Digital Artist (Former Employee), 3DFebruary 17, 2014
Best Place to work, Fun nice environment, Friendly, Organize
Team mentality and fast paced environment
Associate Production Manager (Former Employee), Culver City, CAOctober 30, 2013
A typical day working on an Animated movie is pretty structured as far as daily meetings go. It's all the additional stuff that falls in between and around the day to day. Team meetings usually drive the mornings where you prepare the material that your team will be showing for Supervisor approval. From there the remainder of the morning is focused – more... on making sure all your team members know what their priorities are as well as making sure they are working as efficiently as possible. Not only do you check in on your own team but you make sure to notify surrounding departments of any deliveries that might not make the deadlines and/or might be ahead of schedule. It is extremely important that your communication with all aspects of the production is strong. The afternoon falls along the lines of the mornings but fill up with more meetings and not only Supervisor approvals but Director approvals as well.

I have learned how to manage/run/mentor a team as well as maintain and support internal databases. My positions at Sony have allowed me to build upon my management skills as well and play to my strong points such as organization, team building, leading and maintaining professional relationships cross departmental.

My coworkers and artists is why I love my job. I get to work with some of the most amazing people on a day to day basis that it makes coming to work enjoyable. The fact that we're all in it together and the strong sense of team is another driving factor for me.

The hardest part of the job is the stress it brings but that aspect is also what drives me to go. So I would say its a blessing and a curse all at the same time. – less
Great place to work, when there is work to be had
Cloth & Hair Artist (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: great coffee cart, free gym membership
Cons: short term contracts
SPI is a great place. They really take care of you. There are occasional late hours and some Saturdays, but that comes with the territory. My peers were really friendly and helpful.

I cannot complain about the job security at SPI in general, as short term contracts have been an industry standard for a long time. Each film is different in its own way, – more... and sometimes they do not need you for a particular project. – less
Great Place to Start
PA/Color Assistant/Color Timer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 30, 2013
My experience at Sony Imageworks was invaluable. It was an environment that encouraged growth personally and professionally.
Challenging fun workplace with good benefits and resources
Sr. Production Services Technician (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: fun environment, subsidised lunches, overtime, ample break time, medical and dental
Cons: not enough job security.
Sony Imageworks is a good company to work for with a very supportive environment in my experience. It is the entertainment industry so you have to deal with the typical staffing up for a show and then artists are let go when there's nothing to work on, but it's handled better than most other places i've been. Such as plenty of notice to find your next – more... gig. – less

About Sony Pictures Imageworks

Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc. is an Academy Award® -winning, state-of-the-art visual effects and character animation company – Read more