Sonoco

Sonoco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 9, 2013
Good Place, good company, good benefits. The hardest part of the job is getting use to the temperature.
Every day Life
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2013
How to handle packs. How to operate a pallet jack. hard part was staying awake when I work from 10pm to 7am
busy work
packer (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOAugust 19, 2013
Working at Sonoco was like being in a strict routing the same thing everyday. I worked 6pm till 6am I would go in and start working right away. I inspected bottles and packed them into boxes.
A long day with good people.
Utility Operator I (Former Employee), Sandston, VAAugust 19, 2013
My duties with this employer was to restock the production line, relieve line workers for bathroom breaks, and do quality control checks of the product. There was no hard work involved. I do not remember much about the job, but I remember meeting a lot of great people and everyone kept a positive attitude.
fun
Machine Operator Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2013
i realley enjoyed the people i worked with i met some great friends their
It was a good atmosphere and alot of good people.
Tack and Nail Dept. (Former Employee), Hartselle, ALJuly 26, 2013
Pros: working with friends and family
Cons: i didnt like the hours, it was a 2nd shift job.
I liked knowing what my day was going to be. I built the ends of reels on a tack table. It was frequent work. I had a great supervisor and they always gave you what ever equipment / PPE that you needed.
Materials Handler/Packer (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCJuly 25, 2013
great friendly atmosphere.Good place for advancement just a good place to work
long work hrs
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee), Houma, LAJune 13, 2013
you have to be good with people and be able to pick up heavy items and work long hrs.
management was bad. but had fun with the recreations on the rig.
Utility Hand (Former Employee), Houma, LAJune 11, 2013
Pros: awsome food, pool table, gym
Cons: away from family.
no benifits at all. no job security. away from family to long.
People oriented with a longstanding history of success.
Cost Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, North CarolinaMay 15, 2013
Pros: relaxed and friendly work atmosphere.
Cons: location-long commute
The most impressive quality about Sonoco is their "Safety First" environment. They implement every precaution to assure guidelines are followed. I shared a career with some of the most successful minds in the corrugated industry and loved every moment. I always had the same level of comfort dealing with peers to corporate management. I would recommend – more... this company to anyone looking for a career with opportunity for advancement. – less
money was good people were friendly.
Galley Hand (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 17, 2013
Pros: variety of free food for breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons: no benifits
Clean rooms do laundry help in the kitchen. the hardest part staying on the ship for weeks at a time. the most enjoyable part meeting so many different cultures.
Great Place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chester, VAApril 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: moving to a different country
I was in a position working with others to get out a great daily product and output on the quota different tasks, different positions for advancement
gas station
cashier (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 21, 2013
I had regular days at work where it was always something different everyday that I learned something but I work on a daily basic as making sure that I was interacting with people and cleaning duties was a must was happy for my job but my have bad days where its no gas or it's a problem with the pumps but any other day was a good day to make sure the – more... store is in order. – less
Enjoyed working and getting things done.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 18, 2013
Pros: i got paid each week i worked.
Cons: no oppportunity for advancement.
Very active everyday with repeative tasks on a production line. That it takes teamwork to complete goals for the day. Managers were intense on meeting the projected goals. There were alot of very hard working multi-ethnic groups. Some of the tasks caused numbness and pain in your hands and arms. I enjoyed the job getting done. Also the co-workers were – more... enjoyable to be around. – less
very dusty environment but good people
production operator (Former Employee), clayton manchesterFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: many days off
Cons: long 12 hour shift
they moved to chesterfield half of workers were redundant It was nice job with lots of days off .I learned how to repair and fix many machines what i found practical in future life also different type of managering than in others companies typical american managering system People were nice and work there for very long time what made them cooperate – more... in their own ring family trees and collegues all keep together so is hard for new workers that was the only problem – less
a very hot work enviroment, open weyerhouse, easy job,friendly co workers.
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), New Bern, NCJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: 30 min lunch break, clock out if leaving the premises for lunch.
Cons: (2) 15min side breaks, one befor and after lunch
Enter work, clock in 5min till work hour. go to station, wait for work detail, go to position, begin work. the job was not hard at all. being in hot heat and then cold air in winter, was the hardest part. tryin not to get sick. superviser and co workers were very friendly and easy to work with.
dusty and not much fun. pays well though.
employee (Current Employee), WIJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: seems to make life and work balance tuff.
don't care for the work but can't complain about the pay. Don't get set break times, some days you get quite a bit of time and others you don't have time to eat your lunch on a 12 hour shift.
working as a team
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), New Albany,OHDecember 8, 2012
Pros: working as a team
Cons: driving 43 miles to get to my job
I work 2nd shift,6:45pm to 7:15am in a two week period I work 7 days
Fill out paper work I will need to rate quality. Find out if there were and problems during prior shift. Make quality check and pick up samples to put through the visual system. If there are any defects tell machine operators so the defects can be fixed. At the end of my shift I – more... file my paper work and relay any problems to the QC coming on.

I have learned to read a different kind of blue print than I had learned at a previous employer, working with plastics, such as how humidity has apart in the out come of a good plastic bottle.

Management:They have a open door policy and you can work with all management to come up with a solution for any problem you may have. They are always apart of the team.

Co-workers: We are all part of a team on the shift that we work and work very well together helping each other with our jobs,like if someone needs help getting caught up with packing the bottles to if a line has a jammed up and to relieving for breaks.

The hardest part of the job is how the different plastics have different problems.

The best part is that we all work as a team. – less
Weekends off
Assembler (Former Employee), Sandston, VADecember 4, 2012
I enjoyed working here for a while until they started sending people home because there was no work.
productive at times
Machine Operator/Drill Press Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GANovember 26, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: long long hours
i learned how to operate a forklift drill press ,and my manager was a great lady....

About Sonoco

Sonoco Products believes you can judge a container by its packaging. The company is one of the world's largest makers of industrial – Read more