Sonoco Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Loved working here, was a long time employee for approx. 16 years
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2017
Worked for Sonoco after an acquisition of another leading company. Enjoyed my time there. It was hard work, but very rewarding, and if you worked hard you received recognition for it. If there was a location closer to where I live I would consider working there again.
Pros
Busy, the days went fast; formed great relationships with coworkers, Learned quite a bit about the industry!
Cons
Can't think of any at the moment
nice teammates
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2016
good time I learn a lot
sometime we had more fun
while doing work
its really like a family
safety is first priority
health & safety award winner
Good Work Life Balance
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SC6 July 2016
Good Work Life Balance
Lean Structure
Hartsville is a small town so not much to do
Good and Supportive co-workers
Flexible work culture but depends upon your manager
toujours axer sur la securiter
Responsable d'atelier et de l'entrepôt (Former Employee) –  gatineau, QC4 December 2015
chef d equipe en charge de la prise de commande et production et livraison ,reparation des machines si possible,livraison avec camoin 10 roue recevoir commande de different client et gerer la production et les commandes de differente sorte de core et different embout. sur apelle le soir pour rush. pour ne pas arreter les machine a papier.nous etions producteur de core en carton pour l indusdrie du papier journal et autre. j ai beaucoup aimer travail, tres motivant,compagnie tres securitaire,tres grosse experience comme chef d equipe.
Pros
partage des profits
Cons
aucun
evaluation de mon travail.chez sonoco
mecanicien industriel (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC27 January 2015
c'est une bonne entreprise avec beaucoup de procédure relié à la sécurité . je commençait à 7 heure , faire une ronde allez après réparer les machines défectueuses selon les ordres de mon superviseur aussi je recevais des directives pour faire des projets ,modifications , de la machinerie aussi beaucoup d'installation de nouvel machinerie example ... un gros "oxidiser" (c'est mon deuxième que je participe à installer) mais priorisait toujours les réparation qui ont but pour la production,
j'aurais beaucoup aimer travailler à cet usine je commençais à m'y habituer je suis une personne qui aime la stabilité et c'est pour cela que je cherche quelque chose avec une grosse entreprise tel que mondelez
Pros
je fesait beaucoup d'heure ... donc beaucoup de salaire
Cons
les syndiqués qui épiait tout mes fait et jeste
Productive and team atmosphere
Health Safety and Environment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton and surounding area27 August 2014
The workplace is creative, innovative. Where managers value your input.
Sonoco was a great place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2013
I enjoyed my job at Sonoco. I got along well with others and management was good. I learned that everyone is different and patience is needed for some situations. The hardest part of my job was when I could not get the machine running. The best part of my job was knowing that I always gave 100% and put out the best possible product.
Pros
always learning something new everyday
Cons
the plant has now shut down
Excellent Place to advance your career and gain the experience required
Plant Controller - Food Industry (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 September 2012
Normal day-to-day functions of Controller
Periodic events of ad-hoc cost analysis
Tight closing periods
Pros
career advancement
Cons
non
emploi étudiant
aide-mécanicien (Former Employee) –  cap-de-la-madeleine22 July 2012
À temps partiel, je devais m'assurer d'entretenir les équipements à la fin de la semaine de travail et d'y assister les mécaniciens de quart.
Pros
bonne appréciation de mon travail
Cons
travail a temps partiel
very good workplace to work.
Laminator Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 May 2012
very clean place to work good peple to work too.Everyone is very friendly and expirience to do there jobs like my self.That job wath i was duing i'am going to miss.my typical day of work was that i loved wath i was duing at my job. I learn more than i could ever now this place give me a lot's of nolage and exp at the same time.Also wath i learn is that all my machines that i work at give me a expirience.About management very good people to work with i never had any problems with them at all. My co-workers loved every one of them exelent people to work with.The hardest part of my job will be a new products like new trials to run on laminators to give a costumer the best quality of this product that will be the hardest job chalange.The enjoyable part of my job will be to run my laminator machines and give my company 100- percent to rich a goals and at the end of my day to be proud wath i do that is the best day's of my job. In one word to explain this compamy is to work there like i did.
Pros
only 20min for lunch at this plant.
Cons
some times 12-hrs all good.

Want to know more about Sonoco?

Ask a question