Sonoco

Sonoco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A solid company.
West Coast Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2012
Pros: travelling and us based company - learned a lot from.
Cons: large organization so slower decision making process.
You start at the bottom and work your way up. The tradition and values of this company is really cool.

Held many rolls in the company and they were all good experiences.
very good workplace to work.
Laminator Operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 22, 2012
Pros: only 20min for lunch at this plant.
Cons: some times 12-hrs all good.
very clean place to work good peple to work too.Everyone is very friendly and expirience to do there jobs like my self.That job wath i was duing i'am going to miss.my typical day of work was that i loved wath i was duing at my job. I learn more than i could ever now this place give me a lot's of nolage and exp at the same time.Also wath i learn is that – more... all my machines that i work at give me a expirience.About management very good people to work with i never had any problems with them at all. My co-workers loved every one of them exelent people to work with.The hardest part of my job will be a new products like new trials to run on laminators to give a costumer the best quality of this product that will be the hardest job chalange.The enjoyable part of my job will be to run my laminator machines and give my company 100- percent to rich a goals and at the end of my day to be proud wath i do that is the best day's of my job. In one word to explain this compamy is to work there like i did. – less
production
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sandston, VAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: always opportunity to move up in positions
Cons: not a good environment to work for while building a family
I worked as a lead machine operator. The co-workers, supervsiors, and managers were great. There was always opportunity to grow thru the company. The hardest part of my job was trying to work daily to make sure bad products wont sent out of the building. I enjoyed meeting the goal daily in competition with other lines in the building as to who made – more... produced the most. – less
Enjoyed my time with this company.
Utility and Galley Hand (Former Employee), Houma, LAMarch 18, 2014
I loved working offshore, but did not like all the time away from my family.
Fork Lift Operator
Forklift Operator, Set Up Attendant, Packer (Current Employee), Elon, NCFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Load product, create bill of lading for outgoing product, move material to production.
a place where you could advance quickly
Production worker (Former Employee), Jackson, TNFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: fun and very friendly place
Cons: working shifts
The hardest part of this job was having to lift over 70 lbs of materials
excellent
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Holyoke, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: safe environment
Good work environment,co-workers were great to work with. Safety was very well used in the plant.
Great place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Kankakee ILJanuary 31, 2014
Great place to work for. Management was wonderful and so were the co-workers. Plant closed which was sad. Great place to work!
First real work experience
Receptionist Assistant (Former Employee), ManchesterJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: the salary was really good.
I worked the switchboard, answering the phones, made orders for products and set up meeting rooms. I also sorted out the post and placed them within the correct staff pigeon holes. I assisted the receptionist with the invoices and sending out any important emails and letters. I learnt how to use a switchboard and gained customer service skills. I also – more... learnt how to multitask. My co workers were fun. The hardest part of the job was when I first started I was asked to make an order which I was not advised how many products I was to ask for. The most enjoyable part of the job was typing up emails and letters to customers and other business' – less
Sonoco
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Sandston, VADecember 18, 2013
Pros: great set schedules
Cons: work environment can sometime seem very repetitive or repetitious
Great warehouse job. Show you how to use a forklift and if you do well there is room for advancement it just may take a while. They practice safe work environment techniques everyday. Short breaks, but it's a well worth it job.
Very instering place to work.
Power department (Current Employee), Hartsville, SCNovember 26, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: time off and pay
Sonoco is not the place everyone thinks it is, a typical day starts out with supervisors not knowing what needs to be done for the day. next I have learned a lot of new skills since I started working for them. Work vs time home work comes out on top many times I have worked 4 to five weeks 12hrs a day with no day off.
reliable work, even when the economy took a turn for the worse
Finished Goods Quality Coordinator (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, TNOctober 2, 2013
Pros: safety lunches, vacation time
Cons: no smoking on the company propety
Sonoco is a very good company to work for, from oppritunities for advancement, to the relationship of management with the hourly employees.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Brownstown, MISeptember 25, 2013
Great place for younger people to work. Nice person to work for.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 9, 2013
Good Place, good company, good benefits. The hardest part of the job is getting use to the temperature.
Every day Life
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2013
How to handle packs. How to operate a pallet jack. hard part was staying awake when I work from 10pm to 7am
busy work
packer (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOAugust 19, 2013
Working at Sonoco was like being in a strict routing the same thing everyday. I worked 6pm till 6am I would go in and start working right away. I inspected bottles and packed them into boxes.
A long day with good people.
Utility Operator I (Former Employee), Sandston, VAAugust 19, 2013
My duties with this employer was to restock the production line, relieve line workers for bathroom breaks, and do quality control checks of the product. There was no hard work involved. I do not remember much about the job, but I remember meeting a lot of great people and everyone kept a positive attitude.
fun
Machine Operator Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2013
i realley enjoyed the people i worked with i met some great friends their
It was a good atmosphere and alot of good people.
Tack and Nail Dept. (Former Employee), Hartselle, ALJuly 26, 2013
Pros: working with friends and family
Cons: i didnt like the hours, it was a 2nd shift job.
I liked knowing what my day was going to be. I built the ends of reels on a tack table. It was frequent work. I had a great supervisor and they always gave you what ever equipment / PPE that you needed.
Materials Handler/Packer (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCJuly 25, 2013
great friendly atmosphere.Good place for advancement just a good place to work

1 2 3

About Sonoco

Sonoco Products believes you can judge a container by its packaging. The company is one of the world's largest makers of industrial – Read more