Sonoco Products Company

Sonoco Products Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great employees(co-workers). Great benefits. Very Poor Management.
Forklift (Former Employee), Newport, TNJuly 27, 2014
Sonoco overall was a great place to work. When I started in 1996 it was an awesome job with exceptional management. Then over the years the management of the company declined drastically. They quit caring about the employees and started treating them as just another number. This was a culture change that myself along with many others found unacceptable – more... for which the reason we decided to pursue other job opportunities. – less
Excellent company
Finishing Leader / Setup Attendant (Former Employee), Montville, NJJune 28, 2014
- good benefit
- stop auditor
- good supervisor
- good management
Productive and challenging
Administrative Secretary/Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Hartsville, SCJune 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule and able to work from home
My typical day at work is extremely busy and challenging. Almost every day brings about something new to learn which is very exciting for me.

The management team is very supportive, provides career development and training, and pushes to strive for success.

My co-workers are a great group of people to work with and very respectful and nice to be around – more... on a daily basis, which makes the day go by and very enjoyable. – less
always busy, physically active
Line Leader (Former Employee), Winchester, KYMay 29, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long commute
This was a good job, great people, pay was alright for the time and I like the work.
Great opportunities!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Newport, TNJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good compensation, benefits
Cons: can be stressful
I enjoyed my 19 years with Sonoco. I was offered a number of opportunities for professional growth
Sonoco Products Company Employee Review
Human Resources (Current Employee), HartsvilleOctober 22, 2013
Pros: safe work environment; compensation plans
Cons: lack of flexible work arrangments and work-life balance
A typical workday involves everything from collaboration with colleagues, managing external resources and addressing escalations from employees who have questions and/or concerns.

Most of the professional development during my tenure at Sonoco has been internal. The particular department I work in does not place an emphasis on external professional – more... development or education. This has likely been one of my largest disappointments in this role.

This lack of continued professional development does not seem to be common practice at Sonoco company-wide. Other departments and business units appear to value their employees continuing to gain knowledge in their area of expertise.

Company leadership and larger business unit leadership are strong and clearly define company goals and objectives. – less
Was always giving employees cookouts or gifts.
Retired (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCJuly 27, 2013
Excellent Place to work.Great people to work for.Management was great.Most co-workers was great.The hardest part of the job was having to let some employees go.The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day you had everything done.
it was a ok place to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 3, 2013
Pros: some good people work here
Cons: management did not care about you
This is a place where you would get tied down too and this place, it was not any room for advancement
Uncaring, unrealistic cutbacks and layoffs
Former employee (Former Employee), Waynesville, NCNovember 1, 2012
Pros: adding on extra production lines to create more output and positions.
Cons: laying off key employees to cut back on salary costs unnecessarily.
Cutbacks and layoffs of long term good employees who were more than meeting and fulfilling their job descriptions. Big corporation uncaring attitude towards the same people.
Great Relationships
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCJune 8, 2012
I really enjoyed everyone that I worked with; we were like a family.
Quality Technician and Production Operations (Former Employee), Henderson, KYMay 9, 2012
Pros: good pay rate
Cons: too much overtime
Management stepping stone, turn over every two years
Repetitive work
Safety
I enjoyed being on teams.