Sonoco Products Company Employee Reviews

Great way to earn experiance
Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rural Hall, NC15 February 2017
The job was okay, of course like anyone, we had our good days and bad days. A lot of under the table relationships that tend to have and affect on the way people are treated and chosen to be promoted.
Over all its a great company and I enjoyed working at this location
Pros
Experiance
Cons
Layoffs
Income promised not reached
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL26 January 2017
Had good and bad points,but I was promised more hourly once the production rate met a certain %,and never received any increase.
Great to work for
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SC26 December 2016
Enjoyed my time with Sonoco. Seemed to care about their employees. Enjoyed the coworkers, good compensation and benefits. Altogether, I worked for Sonoco about 8 years.
Nice place to work
NA Paper Division Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MA20 December 2016
Sonoco provide many levels of advancement to anyone looking for a change once employed. All employees are friendly and work great as a team. Very stable company.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Can't think of one
Good benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VA19 December 2016
Great benefits and good fellow employees. Unfavorable part of job was a constant time in shifts worked. Management changes were a good thing. More knowledgeable and dependable people needed.
Benefits
Cons
No heat or air condition in building
Well Organized
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KY4 December 2016
Great management and employees. This company does all it can to assure you are productive and safe. Advancement available in both production and office areas.
Favoritism/Nepotism, Bad Management, and last minute overtime.
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH7 September 2016
Given that most general labor positions start at the slave wage of $10 or less, starting at $13.42 wasn't that bad. Buy after that, you will be put on whatever shift they please while 1st shift is reserved for the manager's sons. Definite favoritism at play here by the manager, supervisor, and even human resources. Certain workers are more often assigned easier tasks while you are stretched thin. You'll run up to 3 or 4 presses at a time (up to 9 parts) and while you struggle to keep up, other workers and especially the lazy supervisor will lounge around. The supervisor, who can be often seen sitting in his office chatting with one of the more favored employees, will scold you for not keeping up with the inhuman task that you have been assigned. He will even tell you to your face to not stand around and do nothing when only he was the one doing so. This is a decent job when you know it is temporary, but don't stay longer than you have to.
Pros
You are lifting plastic
Cons
Inhuman tasks, Favoritism/Nepotism, Dirty Management
Self employed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SC29 August 2016
Great experience but a very difficult time to start a farming operation in the Southeast. Interest rates were at 18% + and severe weather issues. Great way to start a foundation for present customer base.
Pros
Self employed
Cons
Great family atmosphere
A great place to work!
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA17 July 2016
The team there works well together and are great people. They really care about their employees! If I worked in the same field I would love to still work there.
Pros
Good pay, great people, great work/life balance
Cons
none!
Graduated but stuck
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, AL16 May 2016
Great learning experience with a lot of difference accounting tasks. Great benefits as well. Following completion of bachelors in accounting, I was told no job advancement.
Pros
401K, INSURANCE, ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
Cons
NO JOB ADVANCEMENT
Great Southern Corporate Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SC11 April 2016
I had the privilege to intern with this company for 6 months paid. This was a stellar company top to bottom that really cares about their people and the company. Very low turn over rate. Company is growing with a lot more younger people. Small town is evolving with a lot of various stores and attractions.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance
Very Prodcutive Company
Production Team Leader, Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA8 December 2015
Work place was a very energetic and caring environment. Employees always eager to learn knew skills. I managed a crew of Ten or more on the daily basis. From day to day basis I performed a variety of skills and task which lead to a great production report.
Pros
healthcare, salary, and supportive administration
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Rural Hall, NC22 November 2015
We always had a busy day. Constantly moving and staying busy. the hardest part about the job is standing there for nine hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at the end of the day, I worked hard and will get good money.
Pros
Breaks
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OH21 October 2015
Long hours, Great pay. Somewhat good health package. Some management was good to work for. Monthly bonuses. More for a single person due to long work hours
Pros
Monthly bonus
Fun work place
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC9 September 2015
Great job... friendly and fast paced environment. The hours were good how ever its closing down without notice and I really liked the job.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Slow at times
Good summer job
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC29 July 2015
I was a temp for the summer and enjoyed my time. It had a good work environment and fun people to work with. Wasn't too stressful and the hours were perfect for a good balance of work and personal life.
Good company
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SC29 July 2015
People genuinely work together to solve problems. Large company that attempts to share information across locations. Sometimes politics gets in the way of progress and growth.
Pros
Organization tries to help you develop and grow professionally.
Cons
Culture is changing. Benefits are being reduced.
Secure, stable, innovating
Line Lead/ Winder Operator (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OH3 July 2015
Sonoco remains competitive by adapting to the market, a strong safety culture, and continuously driving cost out of business. They do this while fairly compensating their employees.
Good place to work at with proper management personel
Production/Quality Employee at Memphis (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN11 June 2015
A typical work day here consisted of loading metal into a press, sleeving product and stacking finished product onto finished pallet. Required quality checks of finished products were also performed at required hours. Work with the quality department to properly diagnose customer complaints and defects found at process. Properly putting the finished product and raw material into oracle throughout the shift was required. Here I learned how to use Oracle, which is a much more effective way of keeping track of finished product and raw material in real time. I caught on and learned Oracle so quickly that management made me an Oracle super user, where I would help out co-workers when they had problems with Oracle or when the supervisors were busy with other tasks. Management here was horrible, the decisions that were made on a daily basis were horrible and made no sense in the long run. It was poorly run and management treated employees very poorly. To me, they didn't seem to know much about successfully running a business.
Pros
Health insurance and 401k plan
Cons
Poor management
Productive and professional. Great environment and great employees.
Data Entry/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SC22 April 2015
• Worked as a team and individually to meet sales and production goals set by management.
• Worked in marketing for each product group and minor to categorize items into proper placement.
• Worked in the Master Estimates of products to correct the packaging process.
• Update and change information from old system to convert into new system.
• Used Microsoft Excel to create product lists for items needing updates or corrections

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonoco Products Company. Our community is ready to answer.

80%