Texcan is one of Canada’s largest electrical wire, cable and data communication distributors and has been in business for over 30 years. We supply solutions for automotive, power distribution, control, industrial automation, commercial, residential, premise wiring and networking applications. We looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented Shipping Administrator to join our team.
Reporting to the Supervisor/Manager the Shipping Administrator is responsible for the processing of all cable orders and cutting cable as per order requirements. This position is based out of the Edmonton West facility.
- Assure orders and shipping quantities match picking documents through careful audit of said documents.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Answer/route all telephone calls in a polite manner, taking messages and routing to proper individual in a timely manner.
- Ensure that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork.
- Identify errors on packing/picking lists & invoices and correct them
- Using a warehouse management system prepare accurate bills of lading for outbound freight.
- Arranges for movement of freight to consignee & updates the system with information.
- Gather, enter into warehouse management system and maintain all data and records relative to shipping activities.
- Coordinate with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods
- Initiates, answers & documents inquiries when requested via email and/or fax.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum 1-2 years shipping experience would be an asset.
- The ability to demonstrate Company values of, Teamwork, Ambition, and Integrity.
- Strong computer skills and math aptitude.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Able to sit; work on computers for extended periods of time.
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred but not required.
- Can work in a team environment or independently.
- Customer Oriented.
Texcan thanks all applicants who apply however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Texcan is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes submissions from all candidates.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -