Somfay Masri Architects Inc. Waterloo seeks a Construction Administrator / Architectural Technologist to join our team to assist in the contract administration, field review and construction support for our projects under construction, under the direction of the principals and senior staff. Coordination of consultants, and the occasional participation in working drawings production may also be included in the work depending on office needs. Our work encompasses a range of projects with emphasis on multi-unit residential, institutional, educational and recreational buildings.
You are the perfect candidate if you possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 15 years of experience, mainly in construction follow-up ,
- Strong knowledge of building science, detailing, construction methodology and materials application,
- Experience in field review, construction methods, and contract administration,
- Excellent knowledge of OBC and various building codes and the Construction Lien Act
- Superior written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent organizational skills, of own work and others involved in the project,
- Experience with dealing with emerging site related matters and ability to provide leadership and guidance to the construction team,
- Well developed leadership and problem solving and people skills,
- Well developed ability to understand technical matters and problem solve with attention to detail,
- Proficiency in Revit, Autocad and Microsoft Office,
- Ability to coordinate consultants' work and drawings,
- Commitment to meeting strict deadlines, hard working, self motivated,
- Passion and commitment to quality and excellence, and self improvement,
- Ability to take direction and to adhere to strict standards,
- Emphasis on efficiency and accuracy is essential.
Please forward your resume via e-mail to Natalie Gomes.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, telephone calls or walk-ins please.
Indeed - 4 months ago