Somfay Masri Architects Inc.- Waterloo
Somfay Masri Architects Inc. Waterloo seeks a Job Captain / Architectural Technologist to join our team to take a leadership role in contract documents preparation for permits, tenders and construction, as well as be responsible for coordination of drawings and consultants’ work and various project detailing, under the direction of the principals and senior staff.. Assistance in contract administration, field review and construction support may also be required from time to time depending on office needs. Our work encompasses a range of projects with emphasis on multi-unit residential, institutional, educational and recreational buildings.
You are the perfect candidate if you possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 10 years of experience, mainly in the preparation of working drawings ,
- Strong knowledge of building science, detailing, construction methodology and materials application,
- Excellent knowledge of OBC and various building codes and regulations,
- Proficiency in Revit, Autocad and Microsoft Office,
- Well developed ability to coordinate consultants' work and drawings,
- Well developed ability to understand technical matters and problem solve with attention to detail,
- Excellent organizational skills and understanding of drafting standards,
- Ability to organize own work and others involved in the project to achieve project targets,
- Well developed leadership and problem solving and people skills,
- Commitment to meeting strict deadlines, hard working, self motivated,
- Superior written and verbal communication skills,
- Experience in field review, construction methods, and contract administration is a plus,
- Passion and commitment to quality and excellence, and self improvement,
- Ability to take direction and to adhere to strict standards,
- Emphasis on efficiency and accuracy is essential.
Please forward your resume via e-mail to Natalie Gomes.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, telephone calls or walk-ins please.
Indeed - 20 months ago