Based in Concord, ON, Somerset Group Ltd. is a multimedia distributor to many major retailers throughout the United States and Canada. We are seeking a talented MS Dynamics Navision Programmer to join our team. The successful candidate will be involved in both the development of new Navision-based solutions and the maintenance of our existing systems. Candidates should be self-starters with a broad business background.
The Navision Developer's role is to develop and implement solutions within the ERP and adjacent systems across the organization based on Analyst requirements, while ensuring high levels of functional availability. This individual is also responsible for preparing, following and maintaining coding standards, databases, applicable system folders and documentation. The Database Developer will also assist in evaluation of technology components.
Application Operations: EDI
- Monitor EDI applications and data flow
- Manage non-automated documents using a variety of tools
- Make recommendations for improvement of systems
- Maintain audit archives of transmitted business documents
- Monitor backups & maintenance of SQL databases
- Assist Analyst in creation and maintenance of company application database
- Develop functions, screens and reports in Navision based on Analyst technical specifications
- Unit testing of same
- Work under direction from System Analyst and users to clarify and document requirements
- Use knowledge of database and Navision to answer general questions
- Utilize ticketing system to track requests and response times
- 4+ years in an I.T. function with over 3 years in a programming environment
- Detailed knowledge of Navision 4.0 (or newer), MS SQL Server, C/AL, and C/Side
- Solid understanding of business processes and I.T.
- Strong knowledge of technological trends, directions, risks and pace
- Demonstrated ability to port data across disparate system interfaces
- Familiarity with project management principals
- Basic understanding of network fundamentals and Active Directory
Indeed - 8 months ago