Job Title: Product Developer
As a member of our Sombrio Team, you'll have the power to take full control of your own odyssey to achieve your life long career goals and to make a real difference. You will be empowered to feel like you are running your own small business with the development, support and resources, and sometimes challenges of a growing and evolving company. This Role will be responsible for product development within the organization. The PD will work amongst the Design & Product/ Merchandise personnel, and department managers. The PD will be responsible developing Sombrio’s apparel, Product Spec, assist in line management, and garment management strategy, to name a few. A deep portfolio of past and current work is an asset.
The ideal candidate has worked at a trend leading apparel company, or is/was top of class in design school, has 1-2 + year’s experience as a Product coordinator and is on brand with Sombrio’s creative vision. You must be able to work solo, and among a team, and amongst organizational seasonal timelines, deadlines and milestones on projects.
The PD will report directly to (but not limited to) Sombrio’s CEO, will work closely with other senior managers: including a Design Direction, Product & Merchandise Management, Sales Management, Marketing Management, Supply Chain/Procurement, Creative/ Art management, Outsourced Consultants, Agents, and others.
1. Highly organized project management background.
2. An expert in computer applications including, CS Editions from Adobe (AI, PS, ID), Sketch Up, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Key Note etc.)
3. Strong freehand illustrator; Viacom tablet or other median.
4. Good understanding of textiles (ie, knits, woven’s) and vertical construction.
5. Strong understanding of Color, and Color usage.
6. Motivate others to achieve beyond expectations. Willing to learn from leadership team, and drive and exceed key expectations.
7. Maintain company values and demand the highest standards of conduct from self and others
8. Understand the cycling and fashion market, the fan and the competition.
1. 1 - 2+ years’ experience as a Designer, Product manager, Leader (or like role) in high transactional, fast paced, apparel industry environment.
2. Pattern making knowledge and asset
3. Sewing ability an asset.
4. Proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding organizational visions.
5. A resourceful problem solver.
6. A passion and dedication for mentoring and being mentored.
7. Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, semi-structured work environment.
8. Strong and effective communication, analytical and presentation skills.
9. Ability to work flexible hours to participate in evening and weekend events.
10. Knowledge of cycle & mountain, and action sports related products.
11. Must have a strong worth ethic, high energy, enthusiasm, and a passion for sport & fashion.
12. Proven ability to multi-task and adapt to an ever-changing, fast pace, high performance product development environment.
13. Dress code - casual
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the contact email and phone number in this add.