Job Title: Festival Road Coordinator
For Summer 2013, Sombrio is expanding its Experiential Mobile Marketing Program. This program runs continuously from February to November and consists of attending various summer happenings including; competitions, summer festivals, concerts, tradeshows and cultural events, as well as Mall’s to drive culture and sales. The purpose of Sombrio’s presence at these events is to share the brand, the society and two-wheel culture with the general public.
As a member of our Sombrio Team, you'll have the power to take full control of your own odyssey to achieve your life long career goals and to make a real difference. You will be empowered to feel like you are running your own small business with the development, support and resources of a growing and evolving company.
As Road Coordinator (FRC) you will be the primary support for the Field Manager for Sombrio’s Experiential Marketing Program, this includes all events and travel in between. You will be operating and maintaining the festival paddock, and documenting and sharing life on the road with the Sombrio events team.
1. As a key part of this job, you will use initiative and demonstrate creativity in solving problems. By leveraging your skills and delegating tasks appropriately, you're able to manage multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities while staying organized
2. Strong communication, organizational and problem solving skills
3. Computer savvy, with the ability to learn new programs
4. Self-motivator, ability to work independently and with limited supervision, while being a strong team player
5. Have a strong emphasis on customer experience, expectation setting and satisfaction
6. Have the ability to articulate solutions clearly, be creative, and be personable
7. Weekly asset maintenance
a. Clean rig and trailer inside and out, perform maintenance list
b. Inspect pump track for damage or signs of excessive wear
c. Inspect and tune up pump track bikes and safety equipment
8. Maintain company values and demand the highest standards of conduct from self and others
9. Lifting up to 180lbs
1. Knowledge and passion for the Cycling, Action Sports, and West Coast culture.
2. Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, unstructured work environment.
3. Ability to create marketing and social content for our communication channels, such as our website blog, Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.
4. Knowledge of cycle & mountain sports related products.
5. Photography and video skills an asset.
6. Class 1 driver’s license an asset.
7. Must have a strong worth ethic, high energy, enthusiasm, and a passion for sport & fashion.
8. Bicycle Mechanic experience an asset.
9. Experience in setting up event/ tradeshow pavilions and other rigging.
10. Strong knowledge of Mtn Bike riding techniques and safety.
11. Proven ability to multi-task and adapt to an ever-changing, fast pace, high performance business environment.
If these sounds like a great next step for you and you meet the above requirements please apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to Aaron Smedley quoting "Festival Road Coordinator -- Sombrio, Vancouver" in the subject line.