Job Title: Junior Accountant
As a member of our Sombrio Team, you'll have the power to take full control of your own odyssey to achieve your life long career goals and to make a real difference. You will be empowered to feel like you are running your own small business with the development, support and resources of a growing and evolving company. This Role will be responsible for the accounting direction within the organization.
The ideal candidate has worked as an accountant and has 1 -2 years’ experience in Accounting. You must be able to work among a team and amongst organizational seasonal timelines, deadlines and milestones on projects.
This position requires very little travel, and will work out of Head office in North Vancouver, BC.
- Full cycle accounts receivable
- Full cycle accounts payable
- Sales reporting
- Corporate store reporting
- GL reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with period end reporting
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- An eagerness to learn, a positive attitude and enthusiastic nature
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A completed post-secondary diploma or degree in Business or Accounting
- Enrolment in the CGA program, level 3 or equivalent an asset
- A minimum of 1 year experience in junior level accounting
- A passion for biking/down-hill mountain biking will be useful but not required
If these sounds like a great next step for you and you meet the above requirements please send your resume and a cover note to Sam Perera quoting "Junior Accountant – Sombrio, Vancouver” in the subject line. Compensation is based on experience and may include options in the company.