Job Title: Director of Finance (DOF)
As a member of our Sombrio Team, you'll have the power to take full control of your own odyssey to achieve your life long career goals and to make a real difference. You will be empowered to feel like you are running your own small business with the development, support and resources of a growing and evolving company. This Role will be responsible for Finance direction within the organization.
The Director of Finance will be more than just Sombrio’s controller; and will work amongst all Departments and Development Units. The DOF will be wholly responsible for financial control, modeling, strategy and inventory amongst a growing team. On point accounting to assure development/ expansion of future proforma and budget management is mission critical, and an extensive portfolio of past and current CV mandatory.
The ideal candidate has worked as a controller and has 4-7+ years experience in Finance and Accounting.
You must be able to work among a team and amongst organizational seasonal timelines, deadlines and milestones on projects.
The Director of Finance (DOF) is well supported and will report directly to the CEO, will work closely with other senior managers, including CMA, CA and Traditional banking consultants, amongst others.
This position requires very little travel, and will work out of Head office in North Vancouver, BC.
· 2 - 7+ years experience as a controller or Director of Finance, (or like title) in high transactional, fast paced industry
· Hands on accounts payable, accounts receivables, journal entries, reconciliations to complete full cycle accounting activities
· Develop and manage the annual budget process with input from various sources
· Payroll oversight, backup and processing
· Accounting designation (CMA, CGA, & or CA)
· Strong Proficiency in Canadian GAAP outstanding accounting treatment research skills
· Experience with budgeting, forecasting and analysis experience
· Advanced excel and strong hands on systems experience with other Microsoft and Mac software
· Develop and implement policies, procedures, systems of internal controls that align with corporate direction
· Daily Inventory control and management of finished goods and raw materials
· Financial reporting – multi-currency, international sales reconciliation and financial modeling Provide financial direction for ERP systems integration
· Cash flow management, forecasting and variance analysis between actual results and proforma
· Responsible for the preparation and remittance of all CRA filings in a timely manner
· Day-to-day banking relationships
· Develop and implement policies, procedures, systems of internal controls and periodic financial reporting formats at the site level that align with corporate direction
· Provide recommendations for efficiencies
· Other projects and responsibilities as required
Preferred Qualifications & Responsibilities:
· Strong leadership, communication and relationship skills
· Proficient in NetSuite an asset
· Thrive in a fast paced, multi-deadline entrepreneurial environment
· Willingness and ability to travel as required
· Willingness and availability to work longer hours as required.
· Proven ability to multi-task and adapt to an ever-changing, fast pace, high performance product development environment.
If these sounds like a great next step for you and you meet the above requirements please send your resume and a cover note to Dave Watson quoting "Finance Controller – Sombrio, Vancouver” in the subject line.