Solutions Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Skeptical from the beginning
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Great part-time employees
Cons: Management
Working at Solutions for three months was very discouraging and disappointing. My position was Assistant Sales manager. I was only told a very brief synopsis of my position (making sure we made budgets, what we were at, how much we need to make, and how many returns were coming in). The first week I was there the other assistant manager was teaching me certain things, like the Register System, the departments, but mostly I was thrown in the water to sink or swim (figuratively). I have been there for a month now at this point and since the store was so big we had ear pieces to communicate, I personally felt like it had distanced me from the part-time employees. I'm very much a one on one type of person, so from time to time I checked up on the part-time employees and briefly talk about sales, how we were doing for returns (sale manager/work related stuff). The assistant manager walks in, interrupts me and the employee and then threatens to write both of us up for not doing our job ( but I was doing my job as a sales manager). I was very discouraged then, I had given out ideas for reducing returns and brainstorming ideas, but all of them got shut down. Its two months now and I have been threatened needlessly with 5 write ups, was now tasked to take most of heat from both the assistant manager and manager because I was told that I wasn't speaking a lot about sales. Most of the sale budgets and information was in the back office, where my store manager would basically spend 80 percent of her time in. I was never allowed to be in there when she was (which made my job even more frustrating). – more... Plus, the managers never communicated with me about anything, so I felt I was inadequately trained for my position. On the last day of my three month probation they had terminated me because they said I was not doing my job. I was extremely disappointed with them, and their lack of professionalism and lack of adequate instruction and communication with their employees. I could not do anything more than face the store, serve customers, and make sure my store manager was not in the office so I could get the sale points/information I needed to tell the part-time employees. I was very much not happy with this company that I worked for and the managers were very passive aggressive and sneaky and under-handed. I did not enjoy being given 10 percent of the required information for my position, and being critiqued and berated for the other 90 percent they never brought forth. – less
Planning is key to success
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2014
As a growing organization they're constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for it's team to succeed.
fun place, but poor benefits and salary wasn't worth the responsibilities
Sales associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 28, 2014
A typical day was helping customers, designing closet layouts online, cutting the materials for the closets in the back, cashier, and cleaning the store after hours.

I have learned how to change a saw blade, and packing merchandise more effectively and conservatively.

Management made me feel like they didn't care for their employees.

My co-workers were amazing. They made working there fun and easy. We always got the job done.

The hardest part of the job was to make the closet layout on the computer because some customers were difficult and id have to stay there till it was done to their liking.

The most enjoyable part of the job was cutting the materials for the closet. When it was a busy day, I wanted some alone time and that part of the job was always alone.
solutions
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not enough hours
I go in and clean and stock shelves that is a typical day at solutions.
Great outdoor and indoor experiences, problem solving, designing & mathematical figuring, physical labour, alining & leveling, assembling .
owner (Current Employee), Fort Erie, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: enjoyable working relationships with co-workers on & off the job.
Cons: somtimes area not left in woking condition as requested.
Starting new project by going over project plans, ensuring all materials on hand , lay out materials at each zone workplace, assign each team member their responsibility , oversee each area throughout the day, taking breaks to rest and observe work done while having conversation and some humour to keep things enjoyable and positive.
Observe quality of workmanship and make notes where improvements are needed .
Provide instruction to team members on how to make the improvements needed.
Meet with co-workers/team members to discuss strategies for the next day.
Make sure that nothing is overlooked and customer satisfaction will be met.
To hear from the customer that the work was well done and exceeding expectations.
fast paced environment, understaffed
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: freedom to be creative
Cons: not enough hours to maintain a living
The most enjoyable part of my job was creating product displays.
The hardest part of my job was not having enough time to finish everything that needed to get done.
My co-workers were amazing and hard working people.
Management was very caring almost like family.
gave storage ideas
Customer service (Former Employee), woodbridgeMay 15, 2013
is a good company with lots of great storage ideas. loved to help people and sometimes here what they were doing to make there life easy and accessible..
One of the most poorly managed companies
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ajax, ONSeptember 10, 2012
The owner talks a lot about wanting to improve Human Resources within the business model, but in actuality they have proven to care about the opposite. Employees and their needs are place at the bottom of any list.
great place to work most of the time
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2012
Pros: discount on stocks in store
Cons: no bonus
needs to get better benefits for staff and pay more very cheep