Solutions is a Canadian retailer specializing in storage and organization products for the home and office, with 14 stores in Ontario and growing steadily. We have continuously placed in the Top 100 and Next 100 lists of the fastest growing companies in Canada. Our mission is to provide each customer with innovative solutions to help simplify their life, as well as create a positive, organized and inspiring place to shop and work.
We are currently recruiting for a Store Manager for our Toronto location at Yonge and Eglinton. You'll have your hands on your store's operations, including staffing, training and development, customer satisfaction, merchandising standards, and safety, all with the goal of creating a welcoming experience for customers.
1. Manage store expenses and operational performance in order to maximize store profit.
2. Positively impact sales and customer service by providing support, training and career development for the team.
3. Build customer relationships by providing prompt and exceptional sales and after-sales service, and ensuring staff do the same.
4. Create and maintain a proactive staffing schedule in order to maximize productivity and minimize costs.
5. Provide leadership and assistance regarding any change to merchandising guidelines while setting priorities, goals and direction.
6. Maintain awareness of market trends in the industry, by understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
7. Enforce proper health and safety procedures to ensure a safe environment for staff and customers.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Progressive retail experience with proven ability to achieve and exceed sales targets.
2. Familiarity with P&L statements, inventory management, store budgets, and wage controls.
3. Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty.
4. Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills and an ability to share your knowledge and learning.
5. Experience in recruiting, selecting and retaining talent.
6. Highly developed merchandising and sales knowledge.
7. Strong multi-tasking and organizational ability.
8. Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications.
9. Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, POS and inventory systems.
If you are passionate about retail, customer service and developing teams, we want to hear from you! Apply online with your cover letter, resume and salary expectations, quoting “Store Manager” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Visit www.solutions-stores.ca to learn more about our company and our store locations.