Solo Cup Corporation Employee Reviews

Solo
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 9, 2015
Did not work there long enough to see or have any of the benefits that the company had to offer. I do remember that quality was a top priority and the company strived to put out a good product. That is what prepared me to be quality aware.
Pros
training
Cons
too much standing
Good company that cares
Pre-press Technician/Proofer (Former Employee) –  Owings MillsFebruary 2, 2014
Solo Cup is an employee caring company, though large in size still feels like a small business. While there I learned a great deal and opportunity to advance was good. The overall atmosphere was a happy, content one amongst all my co-workers.
Pros
hours, co-workers, overall company culture was great.
Cons
short breaks and pay was a little on the lower side
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 14, 2013
This workplace fostered a sense of community and family. Best place to work when it was in operation.
Overall was a pretty good place to work.
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MarylandAugust 22, 2012
At work from 3-11 p.m. for the most part it was a very simple routine job,very little supervision everyone knew what had to be done. Some co workers worried about everything but what the was suppose to be doing. The hardest part of the job was trying to get work done working with half broke machinery. The best thing I like about this job was making new friends.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
short breaks
Good employee relationship but not a good place to get sick
Packing Machine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 5, 2012
A day of what will break today on the machines & be ready to get the machine back up & running to meet production. Management didn't always understand the importance of keeping good inventory on replacement parts. Working together was very crutial for meeting production.
Pros
having a job to go to
Cons
relationship between employee & management
Hard work but a great workout
packer (Former Employee) –  Augusta , GANovember 28, 2011
I absolutely loved my job! There were things going in my life that wouldn't allow me to still be employed there. The work was hard but i loved it and i would very much enjoy doing work like that again. It helped me to acknowledge an unknown passion within myself ,because of that I appreciate the experience
Pros
the hours
Cons
nothing