Solid State Pharma Inc (SSPI) is a solid state science and crystallization engineering company founded on the basis of scientific knowledge, hands on experience and advanced characterization technologies utilization. SSPI is providing services to pharmaceutical companies in the following areas: Crystallization engineering, polymorph screening, salt screening, co-crystal screening, chiral resolution, polymorph quantification, converting amorphous material to crystalline solid, Chemical and Crystallization process modeling.
Scientist I, term employment (1 year), position is a key contributor to the ongoing research at SSPI reporting to senior scientist or director.
Scientist I will contribute through conducting solid form screening experiments, characterizing the resulting materials, performing crystallization process development for active pharmaceutical ingredients and natural products through utilizing the physical chemistry knowledge and hands on experience. It is expected to have 70-80% lab work.
- Design and perform high throughput polymorph screening, salt screening, solubility measurement and characterization under minimal direction of senior scientist or director
- Design and perform crystallization process development, under minimal direction of senior scientist or director, to achieve desired polymorph and specifications while meeting the specs
- Characterize the generated samples using X-ray Powder Diffraction (XRPD), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Thermal Gravimetry Analysis (TGA), Liquid Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), Solid State NMR, Optical Microscope, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Particle Size Analyzer and HPLC
- Record all the details of experiments and analytical data
- Analyze data that are obtained from experiments and draw conclusions
- Use DOE software to perform statistical analysis of generated experimental data
- Write high quality weekly and final reports
- Routinely present the project results to the team through teleconference
- Follow the safety rules and housekeeping principles
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience
PhD (0-2 years experience) or MSc (3-5 years experience) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related in the areas of crystallization engineering, physical chemistry, or organic chemistry. Previous experience in solid state chemistry and crystallization engineering is required.
- Laboratory techniques for conducting wet chemistry experiments
- Knowledge of XRPD, DSC, TGA, STDA, SEM, NMR, HPLC and Malvern particle size analyzer is a plus
- Knowledge of crystallization engineering and solid form screening principles is a plus
- Knowledge of Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) tools is a plus. Specifically, FBRM, React-IR and PVM
- Knowledge of statistical Design of Experiment (DOE) is a must
- Experience with DOE software, e.g. Design Expert is a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft office software is a must
- Good communication skills are required
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, smell and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to pick up ordinary weights.
Please submit Resume and cover letter. Three references are needed for candidates who are shortlisted.
Open until filled
Expected start date