Terms of Employment: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $25,000.00 - $30,000.00
Education: Completion of high school, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
Experience: 3 -5 years
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Work Setting: Public sector
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: MS Word, Database software
Typing (Words Per Minute): 41 - 60 wpm
Technical Terminology: Business
Area of Specialization: Reports, Correspondence
- As the administrative assistant your duties will include, but are not limited to, greeting clients, operating a telephone system.
- Receive and forward telephone or electronic inquiries.
- Schedule and confirm appointments.
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents.
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases.
- Compile data, statistics and other information.
- Sort, process and verify receipts and other documents.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail manually or electronically.
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Prepare invoices and bank deposits.
- Provide general information to clients and the public.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory.
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing.
- Develop and maintain detailed filing and tracking system.
- And other duties as assigned
Area of Specialization: Reports, Forms and records, invoices, charts, tables, graphs and diagrams.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is available
Work Location Information: Urban area
Essential Skills: Reading text, document use, numeracy, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information, continuous learning
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: Windows, General office equipment, MS Word, Spreadsheet software, Lotus 123, Excel, MS PowerPoint, Internet browser
Employer: Solid General Contractors Inc.
How to Apply:
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
Web Site: http://www.solidgc.ca
Advertised Until: 2013/03/15