SolarWinds

SolarWinds Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Top Employer in Austin
Corporate Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: terrible work/life balance
SolarWinds is an innovative, fast paced and dynamic company in Austin. Their products are top-notch and cutting edge.
Fast Paced and HIgh Energy
Account Executive Western US and Canada (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches and high pay
Cons: always pressing-not neccessarily a con, but if there were one, that would be it
Very aggressive paced and rewarding environment. The software is excellent so the sales model is one that assumes that they are going to buy, you are there to determine when. From day one of the quarter, you are pressing short timelines and aggressive discounts in exchange for immediate turn around. Very fun place to work but not for passive people – more... that are looking for a more relax work day. This is Hungry Hungry Hippo for adults – less
Fun to work with free food!
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJune 13, 2014
The company is a bit young in the industry. Its been around for 15 years and it just started in Philippines.Its been a year it started here in Philippines.

A typical day at work would be checking my emails and go over for those important and directed to me. Review reports emailed from the Symantec manager and login to the antivirus manager to check – more... the status and logs of the server and monitor any alerts that could be a potential threat.

I have learned alot from SolarWinds in handling different monitoring tools, like Symantec, PaloAlto firewalls and etc. My co-workers are fun to be with.I can see that they are enjoying their work while working at SolarWinds.

So far the job not that difficult to manage or handle and not i can think of that i seen that is difficult to handle. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free food offered by SolarWinds to its employees. – less
Good benefits and culture
Inside sales (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches and company outings, lots of contests and spiffs
Cons: high pressure
Good people, catered lunches twice a week,good compensation/benefits. high pressure sales, very much a buy today mentality. great product that almost sells itself. 9 times out of 10, I was simply facilitating the transaction and pushing timeframes more then selling. Didn't always put the customer first. Kind of got the used car salesman vibe.(many customers – more... would reiterate the same feeling) Overall, not a bad place to work but would be tough to make a career out of it. – less
Fun place to work
SolarWinds Log & Event Manager (LEM) (Current Employee), Post Falls, IDDecember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no work from home
Good company
Good Employees
Good Managers
Good Place to Work
Free Lunches
Work hard, work very hard, play very little
Senior Product Manager for Web Properties (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches twice a week
SolarWinds has a been a very challenging organization to work for - the organization is very driven and focused on their bottom line, often at the expense of its people.
Avoid SolarWinds at all costs!
Middle Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches twice a week
Cons: poor management, no culture, disdain for strategy - everything is tactical
Seriously, folks...don't fool yourself by discounting the employer reviews on the web like I did. I was pursued by SolarWinds, turned them down, but was ultimately lured away from a great company when they made me a financial offer I couldn't refuse. In hindsight, I should've followed my gut.

SolarWinds never fulfilled several of the promises they – more... made before I accepted. I watched multiple peers in middle-management positions come and go within weeks or months of joining. There is no strategy and no innovation. They make their money by skimping R&D and pretty shrewd financial management.

Don't fall into the trap! You'll be treated like a commodity and your career will not grow at SolarWinds. – less
Great place to learn and grow, put on your running shoes!
Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 7, 2012
Pros: smart people, truly global team, fast paced
Cons: expect your first few months to be intense
Fast growing, fast paced, all the time. If you like to be challenged and working with really smart people, you'll like it here. Key to success: listen more than you talk in the first 30 days (unless you are in sales - then, just close deals!).

The amount of international collaboration makes the company unique. Solid management team. Like with any fast – more... growing company, working out the kinks along the way. – less
Very aggressive
Federal Account Executive- Team Lead (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 6, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: cut throat
Very cut throat environment. Management only cares about what you close and nothing else. It's all about what have you closed.
Awful, just awful
Sales (Former Employee), Cork, IrelandJune 21, 2012
Pros: great marketing
Cons: short sighted...oh too many to mention
Battery Hens
I learned that this isnt they way to sell software
Mgmt are ego driven monsters
Co Workers - none stayed long enough to bond with
Hardest Part - seeing how badly they treat people and partners
Enjoyable? - Nadda
Great Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 12, 2012
Hardest part of the job was getting to learn the product. Loved the location

November 8, 2012

I am applying at solarwinds for inside sales rep. How is the pay? Is there anything to negotiate? Advice would be helpful.

About SolarWinds

Since our founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ (NYSE: SWI) mission has been to provide products that are designed to make IT professionals’ – Read more