SolarWinds Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu26 June 2017
Because of 1 guy had to shutdown the company. That was the sad thing but rest everything was awesome. I enjoyed my worklife like anything. loved it to be there
Decent place to work.
Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX8 June 2017
Enjoyed the overall job. Most of the people there are great to work with. Rules are not the same for everyone. Most of management is helpful. Office politics play a huge role. It's more about who likes you and not your work ethic.
Pros
Catered meals
Cons
Breaks are frowned upon and you are expected to stay late.
Great Product to Sell; Not so Great Management
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin4 June 2017
Very Disorganized
Cut Throat
Always change new implementations
No internal room for growth
Management isn't knowledgeable about own product
Very cliquish
Fun , Software Company
Operations Processor III (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UT2 June 2017
Solarwinds encourages you to find your passion. Work hard. Dont be afraid to try and if you fail, fail fast and get back up again. Working at Solarwinds means you will see the latest in technological softwares and take part in the computer industry.
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Great Atmosphere, Fun, Loving place
Federal and Commercial Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX2 May 2017
Constantly growing and learning environment. Relentlessly positive is what they strive for in the work place. Very personable and professional place..
Pros
Training programs, great management, Free lunch and events
Cons
you used to have to work late, but this has changed significantly.
Fun culture and people, very good salary, but very stressful
Technical Sales Representative, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX10 April 2017
As most sales jobs go, SolarWinds is probably one of the better ones. It provides a very friendly atmosphere with great pay and benefits. Management is also very strong which is sometimes lacking in sales jobs. That said, the sales expectations are insurmountably huge leading to a majority of their sales force not lasting a year there. You are given a quota that is very hard to achieve and you are told to bug customers endlessly.
Pros
Competitive salary, free lunches, great atmosphere
Cons
Very hard sales job
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Au10 April 2017
This is a wholesome place to work with awesome atmosphere. I enjoyed the day to day work and motions. I highly recommend this company to tech people everywhere.
Its Most enjoyable part of the job
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu27 February 2017
 Direct go-to-market strategies, messaging, and product positioning
 Design and implement customer-centric strategies (70,000 customers. product demos. presentations)
 Analyze market, talk to customers - Strategize and consult on product requirements, roadmaps, and pricing changes
 Execute product launches – owned 8 products, and executed 5 product launches
Want you to be at work all day
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UT17 January 2017
This company would prefer you be single and able to work all 24 hours of the day. They say 9-5 but expect 6am-9pm.

The culture at first was great and the people were outstanding, the downfall was with higher ups forcing employees to stay late and saying that they will excuse us when they feel like it. i had a bad experience with this company. I would encourage people to make their own assessment.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, laptop use.
Cons
Long hours, hostile work environment with threats to job.
Young and Enthusiastic Tech Company
TRAVEL AND CORPORATE SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX13 December 2016
Great work environment. Lots of benefits and perks, including excellent healthcare, catered lunches twice weekly, and fully stocked kitchens. Lots of genuine, honest, hard-working people in all departments especially Tech Support, IT, and Maintenance Renewals.
Pros
Healthcare, Catered Lunches, Snacks/Coffee
Cons
Management in Facilities Department
No leadership, no opportunity for growth, unethical sales tactics
Maintenance and Renewals Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UT18 October 2016
Terrible management and leadership. They will fire you the moment you miss a goal. They don't coach and train, they also use shady tactics with their customers. Using misleading phrases and leading customers believe that prices will go up, bad things will happen etc.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Terrible leadership, just terrible! Working late on month and quarter end.
Enjoyed my stay
Chief Software Architect, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX18 July 2016
Management not product focused, simply bottom line focused.
Good pay and benefits and smart people. All in all, a positive experience.
Solarwind (Formally Logicnow)
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC5 July 2016
We were recently purchase by Solarwinds, so it a bit hard to comment. Merging the two companies are still in the initial stages.
Pros
Free lunch twice a week, Game Room, and Snack and Drinks provided
Sell sell sell
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UT12 May 2016
Great people to work with. Micro management. They bring in lunch 2 times a week. Sell more sell more sell more!

I have no more to say about this company.
Pros
Lunch twice a week
Cons
Micro manage
account management
Account Manager EMEA (Current Employee) –  Cork13 April 2016
my normal Work day starts at 7 and finishes around 5 pm , i manage 80 tier 1 customer accounts.

Duties include ;
liaising with technical support , customer care and finance teams daily to ensure VIP customers needs are being catered for.

a typical day at work would be extremely busy but enjoyable Demonstrating software updates,carrying out customer license /account reviews and new business development daily, the hardest part of the job is trying to find time for lunch.

the most enjoyable part of the job is closing deals and hitting my number :)
Pros
free lunch
Great Place to work
Corporate Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX1 April 2016
Lot of snacks and free food. Cool building to work in. Nice view of downtown. Best company I've ever worked for in Austin.
great products
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UT8 March 2016
great co workers, competitive but fun environment. Products are easy to sell. Supportive management team. On going training and support
Pros
free lunches, protected territories
Cons
office location
Ch-ch-changes
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX29 February 2016
SolarWinds is ever changing. Every year there is a new strategy and the entire company tries to align itself. With so many shifts, it can be hard to follow through. Often, new strategies are rolled out company wide without any explanation around why we're moving away from the previous strategy. These radical shifts in strategy keep things interesting, although most employees doubt that management actually knows what they are doing.

SolarWinds recently went private and it will be interesting to see where the company goes from here. Most of the company is hoping for big changes. Status quo is not great.

Note that, like many bigger companies, the SolarWinds culture varies a lot by department. I can only speak for the product/engineering group.

The best part about working with SolarWinds is working on products that help IT professionals do their job. The customers are generally friendly and like SolarWinds products. Unlike so many enterprise software companies, SolarWinds ships products that customers actually use. That makes me feel like the work that I do has real purpose.
Pros
Useful software (not shelfware), often promote from within
Cons
Management no longer cares about shipping software that actually helps customers
Technical Support is great
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UT11 January 2016
I worked in TS in Lehi, and my manager there was probably the best manager I have ever had. He had a talent for finding people who could do the work, and were also fun to be around. We seriously did not have a single person who I wouldn't hang out with.

I know what you are thinking, that means I was "that guy". Perhaps, but if that is the case, then they are missing their village idiot. Go fill that void.

Like every tech support job I've heard of, they track metrics. Sometimes those numbers do not represent hard work (or a lack of hard work). But overall the metrics were not that bad. When they were at their worst, it was because upper management was emphasizing numbers, and that rolls downhill. However, that seemed to have been a thing of the past when I left (Dec 2015).
Pros
Free lunches Tuesday and Friday, well stocked snacks and pop.
Cons
There is some emphasis on metrics, and those metrics do not always fairly represent reality.
Global company
Senior Tester (Current Employee) –  Chennai, TN7 November 2015
Good work culture and ethics
Fun filled activities and events
Team lunch and outings
Training on new applications and process
Nice people to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SolarWinds. Our community is ready to answer.