SolarCity

SolarCity Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
summary
Inside sales Specialist (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 20, 2015
I come in to the office and have a meeting with my team to get us ready to start our day. I take any where for 2-8 calls a day making about 30 out bound dials.
N/A
Crew Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2015
Growing company, good pay, good benefits, Great Management, locations throughout valley, Hard Workers, lots of work, lots of potential to promote within.
Great place to work and grow
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 12, 2015
SolarCity is working to bring clean energy to the mainstream. It was extremely rewarding and fun to work there and provided the growth opportunity that I needed when starting my career
Great company, schedule not for me
Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, great teammates/management, great company
Cons: not a set schedule, ups and down of sales, customers no showing you and wasting your time
Our goal was to educate the customer on the benefits of solar energy. We were responsible for setting leads or getting leads from field energy specialist (FES) and then we would go to the customers house to give them a free consultation. Love the company and believe in the overall goal/vision that the company has. I believe solar is the best option and I believe it's only a matter of time before the majority of the population goes solar. My problem with the job was the ups and downs of sales, as well as not having a set schedule and feeling like your day never ends. Also tough with customers no showing you or setting appointments when they weren't qualified. The most enjoyable part was helping people save money and making the world a better place
Not the place for me...
Incentives Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2015
Pros: kitchen was stocked, met cool people, cool work environment, dress code is relaxed
Cons: management, compensation
For my own personal reasons, I quit working at SolarCity. I definitely didn't feel as though I was treated fairly, and that there was a lot of false hope.
Solar City
Incentives Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas NVMarch 6, 2015
Pros: excellent facilities team
Cons: management, salary, human resources, payroll
Per Human Resources, each department head, manager and supervisor is allowed to create and enforce rules differently then any other manager. There is no continuity or standard practice. Your experience at Solar City will be determined by what supervisor and department you end up being assigned to.
Run away it's a scam
Field Enegy Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: Being able to say we are the biggest and a good health insurance plan
Cons: everything else. The politics the pressure the 70-80 he weeks
This company is a disaster. If you want to waste time apply here. Your manager will be an idiot and will push you like a dog. He or she will have no experience in solar industry but will "know" someone or be part of somebody's family tree so they won't be fired because they're someone's 401k.

Prepare to not have a life outside of salesforce
Fun
FES Field Energy Sales (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Drive production of opportunities to meet local sales teams goals and objectives
 Develop qualified referrals and sales opportunities
 Generate own leads by directly contacting homeowners, initiate conversations and close home owner contracts to save money while using clean solar energy
Good System, Bad Pay
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee), Blackwood, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: problem solvers, teamwork
Cons: low pay
Really is a good job, the pay is not that great to start off with, especially for working on a roof. If you are an installer here, it is best to get on a good crew to learn the installation process and how it is supposed to be done. The crew I ran with took too many breaks and didn't have a great system in place, meaning that you started work at 630 and did not finish until 8 p.m. most days. Besides that, they have great technology, programs, tools...etc.. If it wasn't for some personal hard times while at this job, I would still probably be there working.
good company
Energy Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Fun company to work for. Good job security since it is a huge company. Tough to be in the telecommunications industry due to the fact that everyone has cell phones
No time for family while working here
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free food a few times a week
Cons: no management support or direction
Typical days are 12 hours long will very little organization. The hardest part of the job was no support from management. The most enjoyable part was the BBQs.
Co-workers are great, It's management that needs improvement.
Field Energy Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: you will make life long friends. excellent health insurance benefits.
Cons: managers with no experience, frat like company culture, very little training, and broken promises.
Typical day at work is working at Home Depot or Best Buy. generating appointments for the sale consultants. You'll make life long friends. The problem is that the managers have none or very little experience in the Solar business.
Great Company to work for. Learned alot and had fun doing it.
Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Murrieta CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, commission, fun
Cons: very busy, not a lot of security
Company was a joy to work for. Had fun selling and the people I worked with made it a pleasure to work for the company. The company provided lap tops and JETPACKS for wifi. Also paid 50 dollars towards my phone. Paid for all my gas that I used while working on the job.
Good Company for Hard Workers
Field Energy Specialist (Current Employee), Long Island, New YorkFebruary 10, 2015
Lead generating can be very hard and stress full. Staying positive and smiling can be your best assets. Management has a habit of only looking at numbers and not accounting for different locations and traffic volume. Base pay is flat company wide which is unfair for people who live in very expensive markets. Company tries very hard to make you feel like part of a family, but with 95% of work time spent alone with no team sometimes it feels nonsupporting. The most exiting part of the job is definitely talking to customers and getting them exited about going solar and saving money!
Working at Solar City is living Solar City.
Site Surveyor (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAFebruary 10, 2015
You're well compensated for your work, but it is time demanding. Expect at least 50 hours per week, not a bad thing, but something you should be aware of. Benefits are great, coworkers are good, there are issues with procedures and technologies coming from the west coast and the expectation they will work just the same in the east.
SolarCity still tastes Sour.
Crew Lead (Former Employee), Livermore, CAFebruary 8, 2015
With Solarcity it is quite possible to make a decent amount of money especially for being an installer and it is quite easy to move up in positions. Although while both of the pros are true the lack of a family and team oriented setting makes working at that company quite unstable. At Solarcity they seem to enjoy playing the game "pass the buck" where no one likes to take responsibility for a botched job or an incomplete job and they just pass it down to the next crew that goes to finish it.The next issue would have to be that of management with the organization. While working at this establishment I have seen 5 different Regional Operations Managers (ROMS) 3 at a previous office then 2 new ones at my new location in Livermore. Quite frankly I would not like to work with SolarCity after my experience and I would try my best to avoid any other company that does not revolve around teamwork and cooperation.
SUCKS
Former employee (Former Employee), EverywhereFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: management sucks
Terrible place to work at with little pay being licensed in two different states. Management SUCKS with no support at all, they only worry about KW produce per month. They talk a lot a TRASH about moving up towards a different position and no raises with it. Overall the people were nice and friendly, easy going but needs to change UPPER MANAGEMENT.
one big college party
Receptionist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2015
To keep it brief, management was extremely immature and disorganized. The culture was very frat house like, and there was no real structure or training. I jumped in head first and pieced together everything on my own, with no support from anyone. My boss was terrible on every level and I should've known that by the extremely disorganized interview process they put me through.
Long hours, lack of respect
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 3, 2015
You make good money, but cannot enjoy life. Worked to the bone, and under appreciated. After working for 10-12 hours a day, your asked why your not working more hours that day.... Upper management could care less, only care about numbers.
Very technological, revolutionary and energetic company
Direct Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Solarcity is the most exciting and revolutionary company. It really is a challenging experience working for them. I really enjoy the work enviroment, very energetic and enthusiastic and every day I have the opportunity to interact with customers and help them save money and help the enviroment at the same time. The hardest part of my job...the weather.

1 2 3 4 5

About SolarCity

SolarCity Delivers Better Energy SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to – Read more