SolarCity

SolarCity Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
all about money
warehouse stock clerk (Current Employee), Chico, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: free hats
Cons: low pay, no incentives terrible management
Dont do it, poor management no incentives for warehouse workers.
soon as the numbers fell down we got threatened to lose our jobs, and fired one guy, low pay overall they talk about advancement but its simply a lie DONT DO IT!!!!!
great reason to go to work every day
Field Energy Consultant (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAApril 16, 2015
Going to work every day knowing that your time is helping clean our air is a great thing, learning about renewable energy and how to become more sustainable was a great learning experience, however the training is not good at all, you have no days off, and at one point you are working for your promoters and not the other way around, the commissions you are promise are based on installations and you have no control of that, so be prepare to make 2k per month for the first six months before you see any money. I have also come to the conclusion that this company is expecting you to sell to all your friends and family first and if you are lucky you'll get some leads from Home Depot but don't count on it, at least not the good ones.
Just OK,
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAApril 7, 2015
Extreme growth created an environment of constant change which seemed like borderline chaos a lot of the time. The image of saving the world with Solar power wore thin after a while when ultimately it is all about making money, like any other large corporation.
Good and bad at the same time.
Account management (Current Employee), Albany, New YorkApril 3, 2015
Pros: More you work the more money you make.
Cons: No Free time. All work no play.
Solar City is a company that changes constantly. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. A good thing they change because they are constantly growing. The bad is once you get somewhat used how things are going they do a 180 and go the other way. good earning potential but NO LOYALTY to those who have been there.
good company, but did not come through as expected
Field Energy Consultant (Former Employee), San Bernardino CountyApril 2, 2015
Pros: good technology
Cons: Did not come through with sales leads
I was told when I was hired that sales leads would be supplied for me. I ended up having to work at Home Depots to generate my leads. Also, I was not able to work there more that 2 or 3 hours at a stretch.
Fun place to work
Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Mileage and business phone reimbursement.
Cons: none
A typical day is setting personal goals to attain leads for business. Interacting with clients by attending site visits and recommending the best option for their financial and environmental goals. What I have learned about working in the Solar Industry is that by going solar, we save thousands of gallons of water a year which produces dirty energy. I enjoy working with the management team and have a good working relationship with my current manager. I also work very well with my co-workers and will socialize with them outside business hours.The hardest part of the job is when a customer decides not to go Solar, however, it is rewarding when I convince them using objection handling techniques to seek the root cause of their concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping families and their friends go solar while helping them save on high energy costs and improving environmental conditions.
Not the worst company in the world.
solar energy specialist (Current Employee), Las vegasMarch 22, 2015
Pros: i do love how there is always food and drinks available in the café, i will say the company has pretty solid benefits
Cons: management, pay, no opportunity advancement.
During my experience at SolarCity I have found that the work environment is a bit loud and relaxed, slightly unprofessional. The opportunity for promised growth is very limited and its comp plans are forever changing in a negative direction. Management is not up o par with he company standards and Its has no real structure. A very disorganized company.

I do love how there is always food and drinks available in the café and I will say the company has pretty solid benefits.
summary
Inside sales Specialist (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 20, 2015
I come in to the office and have a meeting with my team to get us ready to start our day. I take any where for 2-8 calls a day making about 30 out bound dials.
Outdoor freedom and meeting new people
Crew Lead Installer (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free T-shirts
Cons: No time for lunch
Great company to work for if you love the outdoors. Fast paced and go with your gut company. Hardest part of the job would be managing your work so it does not over power social life.
N/A
Crew Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2015
Growing company, good pay, good benefits, Great Management, locations throughout valley, Hard Workers, lots of work, lots of potential to promote within.
Great place to work and grow
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 12, 2015
SolarCity is working to bring clean energy to the mainstream. It was extremely rewarding and fun to work there and provided the growth opportunity that I needed when starting my career
Great company, schedule not for me
Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, great teammates/management, great company
Cons: not a set schedule, ups and down of sales, customers no showing you and wasting your time
Our goal was to educate the customer on the benefits of solar energy. We were responsible for setting leads or getting leads from field energy specialist (FES) and then we would go to the customers house to give them a free consultation. Love the company and believe in the overall goal/vision that the company has. I believe solar is the best option and I believe it's only a matter of time before the majority of the population goes solar. My problem with the job was the ups and downs of sales, as well as not having a set schedule and feeling like your day never ends. Also tough with customers no showing you or setting appointments when they weren't qualified. The most enjoyable part was helping people save money and making the world a better place
Not the place for me...
Incentives Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2015
Pros: kitchen was stocked, met cool people, cool work environment, dress code is relaxed
Cons: management, compensation
For my own personal reasons, I quit working at SolarCity. I definitely didn't feel as though I was treated fairly, and that there was a lot of false hope.
Solar City
Incentives Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas NVMarch 6, 2015
Pros: excellent facilities team
Cons: management, salary, human resources, payroll
Per Human Resources, each department head, manager and supervisor is allowed to create and enforce rules differently then any other manager. There is no continuity or standard practice. Your experience at Solar City will be determined by what supervisor and department you end up being assigned to.
Run away it's a scam
Field Enegy Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: Being able to say we are the biggest and a good health insurance plan
Cons: everything else. The politics the pressure the 70-80 he weeks
This company is a disaster. If you want to waste time apply here. Your manager will be an idiot and will push you like a dog. He or she will have no experience in solar industry but will "know" someone or be part of somebody's family tree so they won't be fired because they're someone's 401k.

Prepare to not have a life outside of salesforce
Fun
FES Field Energy Sales (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Drive production of opportunities to meet local sales teams goals and objectives
 Develop qualified referrals and sales opportunities
 Generate own leads by directly contacting homeowners, initiate conversations and close home owner contracts to save money while using clean solar energy
Good System, Bad Pay
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee), Blackwood, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: problem solvers, teamwork
Cons: low pay
Really is a good job, the pay is not that great to start off with, especially for working on a roof. If you are an installer here, it is best to get on a good crew to learn the installation process and how it is supposed to be done. The crew I ran with took too many breaks and didn't have a great system in place, meaning that you started work at 630 and did not finish until 8 p.m. most days. Besides that, they have great technology, programs, tools...etc.. If it wasn't for some personal hard times while at this job, I would still probably be there working.
good company
Energy Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Fun company to work for. Good job security since it is a huge company. Tough to be in the telecommunications industry due to the fact that everyone has cell phones
No time for family while working here
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free food a few times a week
Cons: no management support or direction
Typical days are 12 hours long will very little organization. The hardest part of the job was no support from management. The most enjoyable part was the BBQs.
Co-workers are great, It's management that needs improvement.
Field Energy Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: you will make life long friends. excellent health insurance benefits.
Cons: managers with no experience, frat like company culture, very little training, and broken promises.
Typical day at work is working at Home Depot or Best Buy. generating appointments for the sale consultants. You'll make life long friends. The problem is that the managers have none or very little experience in the Solar business.

1 2 3 4 5

About SolarCity

SolarCity Delivers Better Energy SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to – Read more