We are looking for an excellent communicator with a service-approach who is tech savvy and has demonstrated success in supporting customers over the phone. This is a full-time position.
The candidate will provide first-level telephone and/or on-site support to a user base of 600 located in various sites around the GTA with two other Support Analysts.
This position is a great opportunity for an individual willing to learn and grow. It is not for someone who does not like to learn new things and would like to do the same things daily with very little variation.
Full time position: Monday to Friday (40 hours a week)
Reports to: Senior Support Technician
Location: Aurora with travel around GTA
- College / University graduate in technology related field preferred, Microsoft certification or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in supporting customers over the phone and in person
- Experience as a support help desk an asset
- Experience in supporting, troubleshooting and diagnosis of Windows XP, Windows 7 as well as basic knowledge of Server 2003 and Server 2008 operations
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting hardware and software on Windows XP and Windows 7 platforms
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and concise written communication skills
- Computer literate and general aptitude for learning new proprietary and commercial software programs
- Experience installing or imaging Windows XP/7 OS on a new machine
- Experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) as well with Internet Explorer is essential
- Experience working with Active Directory Users and Computers - changing/resetting user/group's password, create new accounts, adding new printers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of NTFS -- change file/folder's permissions or printer's
- Knowledge in installing software updates or upgrades, including BIOS updates
- Experience in providing remote support and maintenance of user's computer
- Ability to research customer's problem utilizing the Internet or knowledge base
- Must be a flexible, self-starter with a strong work ethic
- The candidate will require a car with a valid insurance for this job.
Note: Selected candidates will participate in testing that will confirm proficiency in the above skills.
Please reply to this posting with your resume and cover letter along with your Salary Expectations by end of September.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.