Softmoc Employee Reviews

Simple, friendly work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2017
I enjoy working there for the fact of selling shoes, I like getting to talk to people and to brighten their day as well as mine, all while just helping them pick a nice pair of shoes. It can be frustrating getting facts about the products across when I never really was 100% taught most of the detailed things about the shoes. The management is a little disorganized from what I've seen, and I have been not getting shifts the way that I should be, for no particular reason which is of course less than ideal.
Pros
Enjoyable product and atmosphere.
Cons
No hours
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
Worked at softmoc for a couple of years. Management seems to be going downhill. Managers seem to be getting younger and younger with very little to no knowledge and are still children personality and mentality wise. The pay is not worth it, you are required to spend your whole life there with little recognition for what what you do. The job can be really stressful trying to juggle a long list of tasks to complete in a day to only have your DM come in and ring you out for something not being done properly. There is one DM... not sure how he still has his job that will literally call you stupid/ an idiot to your face and verbally harass you. Unless you get hired at head office, save your time and apply somewhere that will value their employees more and not call you names.
Pros
some of the people you worked with
Cons
management, pay, expectations with little to no reward
worked there a short period
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 April 2017
seemed decent the short amount of time that i worked there. many long hours on your feet and sometimes 12 hour days were required. not really sure what else to say here.
It was alright
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 April 2017
Not much room for advancement and no HR. The store manager told me I was doing a great job but was advised by upper management to let me go before the holidays started. Not sure why, wasn't really given a reason other than that.
not the greatest but good for sales experience
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 April 2017
The work isn't too bad, I was a sales associate and it was pretty straight forward. You needed to know information about the merchandise which is a given, but comes with time. Also, management was either horrible or amazing, depending on which location you worked at and how much of a backbone your manager had. Head office especially had some weird things they would be particular about, such as how often you went to the washroom? Maybe that was just my district manager...
Overall a good job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 March 2017
Day to day was dealing with the customers and making sure they were happy. I have nothing bad to say about the job overall i was happy while i was there and enjoyed my time there!
Productive and lots of customer service experience
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON28 February 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of knowledge of product. Fun mangers meetings yearly.
Great bonuses and perks.
Awesome staff
Pros
Employee discount on shoes
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Working at SoftMoc is a good workplace. You learn about shoes, and you get to greet customers in a polite manner. Everyone is always positive and outgoing.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Far distance
Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2017
I love working at softmoc. It is a great environment. The only thing I am not huge on is the lack of hours that come after the holiday season.
Belle expérience de travail
Gérant Magasin (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2017
Management, recrutement, service a la clientèles, gestion des stocks, gestion des ventes, gestion de mis en marché des produit de la compagnie.
Productive work place
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
Being an assistant manager made me do most of the organization for the back store. I had to sent out inventory to other stores and customer orders and take care of the day to day account tasks
Pros
40% off shoes for employees
Cons
30 min lunches
Enjoyable work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 January 2017
Love working here, great benefits, management very understanding with school priorities. Safe work environment. Job at times can be difficult with unhappy people (rude people who swear at you because the computer did not round to the nearest cent). Best part of the job is the discount on shoes!!!
Was not the ideal place to work
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
I was an assistant Manager but was never very happy as I felt I was always doing something wrong
I would clean out the store room just to find it a mess the next day
I loved helping the customers
My co workers were all very clicky
I really felt out of place
Pros
meet new people
Cons
long hours, No time off
horrible, flat out horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2016
the manager at the kingsway garden mall location is nothing more than the scum on the bottom of my shoe. hes pathetic. hes also the biggest bully ive ever met. so childish and hes supposed to be a grown man.
Pros
nothing honestly
Cons
early and late hours, bad management, low pay.
Needs improvement
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 December 2016
its okay, could be better, needs improvement, and just more management skills needs to be improved there. I didn't enjoy working there.
SoftMoc was a great place to gain more experience working along other as well as with customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 November 2016
SoftMoc gave me the opporunity to work with others and with customers as they came in. I was also able to gain knowledge about the tasks of a manager by being given more responsiblilty wiith the closing of the store at the end of the day. Tasks such as making money deposits and filing the paper work for the nightly deposits.
Pros
Worked on commission, was given a lot of hours.
Cons
Was at times hard to balance with my other job and have a life outside of work.
Very close family-like working experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Once you get to know everyone at the company its like we are all family. everyone remembers who you are and everything. they run their company kind of wrong by not allowing managers to get raises and not allowing anyone to get benefits. plus the wages are quite low. they also expect managers to work all of december, ever day, for at least 12 hours a day.
Pros
commission based
Cons
long hours, no raises, cant live off of income
Typical day at work would be meeting your goal for the day of example.. 500$ a day. Help customers with sizes and styles.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2016
Management could have been better. Everything i did at Softmoc, i have done in my previous jobs at Footlocker and Sportschek.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing previous customers coming back for the great customer service.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 August 2016
It was an awesome company to work for if I could back I would, the brand's of shoes are nice and wonderful, super comfy and pretty affordable. I wouldn't go back due to my position of key holder being taken for another employee who only started work 2 weeks before it being given away, and the low pay but that can be compromised with the commission but either way I wouldn't do it again the hours weren't to ideal for a parent. I myself barely saw my child. even with working an 11 hour day the one day I didn't get over time even though I was only part time
Pros
Great co-workers, an awesome manager, easy but hardwork
Cons
Hours, and pay.
Good environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2016
typical day at work is helping customers.
Dealing with a lot of customers taught me that people have all kind of attitude, long patience is needed.
The management is very good, they give good hours and a raise every 3 months, and of course the best manager.
The coworkers are nice, some works hard some do not.
Hardest part is when the store is short staff.
Enjoyable part are the events like Christmas party, new year's eve dinner.
Pros
40 percent discount
Cons
The 40% discount is only for me.