Softmoc Employee Review

Do NOT work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa29 March 2014
Working here was an awful experience! I worked for the company almost 6 years. I was an assistant manager for 4 years and then a store manager for 2 years.
The lack of training is unbelievable and the pay? forget about it!
as a regular sales associate you will be paid WELL UNDER minimum wage - because they say you can make lots of commission. As as store manager I made 0.50 cents above minimum wage. It was a joke!
You are forced to work two 12 hour shifts per week, you do not get paid vacation and you are supposed to be super hero's who never get sick, and even if you are vomiting, you are expected to come in to work.
As a manager, you are given enough hours for yourself and your assistant, then you get 15 hours to split between 7 part time staff, where everyone gets upset because you are supposed to offer the part timers up to 30 hours a week. You will be lucky if you get 17.
The only full time guaranteed 40 hours is the store manager and the assistant manager.
Do yourself a favor and do not waste your time.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
pay, hours, lack of training, high stress

Comment – 17 April 2014

I agree! 100% experienced it first hand
worst place to work ever

Comment – 20 April 2014

I also agree. I wish people would take a warning. Softmoc was one of the worst jobs I ever had. The pay is HORRIBLE.

Other Softmoc Employee Reviews

Productive and Easy Going Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 October 2017
Straight forward job with simple tasks, with a friendly environment. Management was also very nice and kept things in order; learned a lot and overall great experience
Pros
Competitive wage
Cons
Short Breaks
Pay structure is ridiculous
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2017
Associates were getting paid more than the assistant manager (me) even after months of badgering them to give me a raise that I was entitled to. There's plenty of room for advancement but pay is definitely not sufficient for the work load