Softmoc Employee Reviews

fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 September 2017
place is great if you're looking to make friends and too have fun in a work place setting. a lot of great people work there and ensure you know everything you need to know in order to be successful
Probably the worst management that I've ever seen...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Quebec14 September 2017
I worked in SoftMoc as an assistant manager for about 2 months.

They literally gave me a management position when I actually didnt had any experience in it. And they didnt train me at all for doing this position. So I was left all by myself trying to manage a store that I dont even know... The pay wasn't worth it at all, actually I was paid minimum salary. This job was a joke. My manager had some serious issues with everyone and was always being negative. Hated it.
Pros
40% off on shoes
Cons
salary, management aren't doing their job, computers NEVER work
My day at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
I started at SoftMoc as a sales representative became an Assistant Manager within a year and half. Handled cash register, organize the shipment, merchandizing. Handled online shipment and organizing it for UPS pick ups.
Pros
Great team
Cons
N/a
Great at a store level, not head office.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 July 2017
Every individual store will be very different but I do enjoy my store and going to work everyday. I love the people that I work with and we are like family. Managers, DMs and RMs and genuinely there to help and ensure that employees and customers are happy.

At a higher level, it is obvious that the head office does not know what actually goes on at a store level. Some policies and procedures simple do not work at the store level. It is also very apparent that head office places priority on Ontario stores over other parts of the country.

The commission structure is okay but very confusing. I only make a lot in commission because we are a very busy store, not because of the generous structure.

Head office also advises managers to hire Canadian's only.
Pros
Paid breaks, great store management.
Cons
Commission structure, head office does not care about store level.
Simple, friendly work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2017
I enjoy working there for the fact of selling shoes, I like getting to talk to people and to brighten their day as well as mine, all while just helping them pick a nice pair of shoes. It can be frustrating getting facts about the products across when I never really was 100% taught most of the detailed things about the shoes. The management is a little disorganized from what I've seen, and I have been not getting shifts the way that I should be, for no particular reason which is of course less than ideal.
Pros
Enjoyable product and atmosphere.
Cons
No hours
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
Worked at softmoc for a couple of years. Management seems to be going downhill. Managers seem to be getting younger and younger with very little to no knowledge and are still children personality and mentality wise. The pay is not worth it, you are required to spend your whole life there with little recognition for what what you do. The job can be really stressful trying to juggle a long list of tasks to complete in a day to only have your DM come in and ring you out for something not being done properly. There is one DM... not sure how he still has his job that will literally call you stupid/ an idiot to your face and verbally harass you. Unless you get hired at head office, save your time and apply somewhere that will value their employees more and not call you names.
Pros
some of the people you worked with
Cons
management, pay, expectations with little to no reward
worked there a short period
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 April 2017
seemed decent the short amount of time that i worked there. many long hours on your feet and sometimes 12 hour days were required. not really sure what else to say here.
It was alright
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 April 2017
Not much room for advancement and no HR. The store manager told me I was doing a great job but was advised by upper management to let me go before the holidays started. Not sure why, wasn't really given a reason other than that.
not the greatest but good for sales experience
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 April 2017
The work isn't too bad, I was a sales associate and it was pretty straight forward. You needed to know information about the merchandise which is a given, but comes with time. Also, management was either horrible or amazing, depending on which location you worked at and how much of a backbone your manager had. Head office especially had some weird things they would be particular about, such as how often you went to the washroom? Maybe that was just my district manager...
Overall a good job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 March 2017
Day to day was dealing with the customers and making sure they were happy. I have nothing bad to say about the job overall i was happy while i was there and enjoyed my time there!
Productive and lots of customer service experience
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON28 February 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of knowledge of product. Fun mangers meetings yearly.
Great bonuses and perks.
Awesome staff
Pros
Employee discount on shoes
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Working at SoftMoc is a good workplace. You learn about shoes, and you get to greet customers in a polite manner. Everyone is always positive and outgoing.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Far distance
Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2017
I love working at softmoc. It is a great environment. The only thing I am not huge on is the lack of hours that come after the holiday season.
Belle expérience de travail
Gérant Magasin (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2017
Management, recrutement, service a la clientèles, gestion des stocks, gestion des ventes, gestion de mis en marché des produit de la compagnie.
Productive work place
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
Being an assistant manager made me do most of the organization for the back store. I had to sent out inventory to other stores and customer orders and take care of the day to day account tasks
Pros
40% off shoes for employees
Cons
30 min lunches
Enjoyable work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 January 2017
Love working here, great benefits, management very understanding with school priorities. Safe work environment. Job at times can be difficult with unhappy people (rude people who swear at you because the computer did not round to the nearest cent). Best part of the job is the discount on shoes!!!
Was not the ideal place to work
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
I was an assistant Manager but was never very happy as I felt I was always doing something wrong
I would clean out the store room just to find it a mess the next day
I loved helping the customers
My co workers were all very clicky
I really felt out of place
Pros
meet new people
Cons
long hours, No time off
horrible, flat out horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2016
the manager at the kingsway garden mall location is nothing more than the scum on the bottom of my shoe. hes pathetic. hes also the biggest bully ive ever met. so childish and hes supposed to be a grown man.
Pros
nothing honestly
Cons
early and late hours, bad management, low pay.
Needs improvement
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 December 2016
its okay, could be better, needs improvement, and just more management skills needs to be improved there. I didn't enjoy working there.
SoftMoc was a great place to gain more experience working along other as well as with customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 November 2016
SoftMoc gave me the opporunity to work with others and with customers as they came in. I was also able to gain knowledge about the tasks of a manager by being given more responsiblilty wiith the closing of the store at the end of the day. Tasks such as making money deposits and filing the paper work for the nightly deposits.
Pros
Worked on commission, was given a lot of hours.
Cons
Was at times hard to balance with my other job and have a life outside of work.