SoftMoc Shoes Employee Reviews

Head office - not a good place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 November 2017
Pros: laid back office attire, paid lunches, friendly co workers.

Cons: management is very biased, hours are all over the place.. that lunch you get paid for? Expect it to be cut short numerous times. Holidays are aweful. The turnover is so high because people quit during Christmas time because of how busy it gets. I’m talking about call after call until your voice dries up.

They will have you answering calls, answering emails, answering live chats, setting up inventory returns and doing UPS pick up’s all at the same time. It’s not worth $13/hour or whatever they are paying now.

The management is a joke. They will train you for a day and then you’re good to go apparently. If you’re not “in” then they will shun you until you quit.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Bad management, bad hours, bad environment
Worst job ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 October 2017
Was a manager for 4 years
Got paid min wage
No help from upper management
This place is falling apart
Do not work here unless you feel like being disrespected
Worst place i have ever worked.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 October 2017
I worked as assistant manager for about 6 months at the Conestoga Mall location, I worked my butt off while the manager sat and talked on the phone in the back DAILY. I did stock ALONE every time it came while getting paid minimum wage because I was always in the back and not selling shoes and making my commission.
I was fired without reason, out of the blue, which was extremely odd due to the fact that I busted my butt for softmoc while employed there.
If I could give tis compant a zero star rating, I would.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 September 2017
No training was provided and it was an extremely toxic work environment. Their turnover rate is insane. I don't recommend anyone working here unless you are extremely desperate.
Pros
Lots of food available in the mall
Cons
everything else
Give it a chance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 August 2017
I used to work for softmoc and to be honest, it is a pretty good job. Traning is there and easy to learn. Staff are cool and management is there for you basiclt anytime you need them.
Overall, give it a chance, You very well may be pleasantly surprised
Pros
Paid lunch, dress code is laid back, discount on shoes, good training, good management
Cons
Cant think of any real " cons"
Sales based job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 June 2017
A typical day at work is making sure all displays and shelves are looking good and fully stocked, getting shoe sizes for customers from the back and greeting customers as they walk in. I learned a lot about shoes working here. Theres nothing too hard about this job other than meeting sales goals sometimes
Part-Time Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Low wages, high pressure to perform on low commission. Good emphasis on customer service and organization skills. Management was mostly good but the job had low rewards.
Enjoy working with people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 March 2017
I have proven my expertise in many ways of my job requirements I enjoy making customers feel good about finding what they are looking for.
Pros
bonus
Cons
lack of shiffs
good customer service experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2017
Can be very demanding during holiday season and also has a slow season. If you're looking to practice customer service experience then this is definitely the place to work.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
unpredictable income
Actually not that bad of a job
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 December 2016
The hours were long and strenuous for min wage and sometimes people got cranky but overall this isn't a horrible job. Management/supervisors were pretty decent. There's a lot of standing and walking around but if you're ok with that, you won't mind it here. Just stay away from all the gossiping like you should with any job.
Pros
Friends, Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours/standing
weekends
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON10 October 2016
It is a relaxed job with lots of happy customers. I got to help customer find there needs, and make sure that they have everything they need and that they are happy in the end.
Worst job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 September 2016
This company is awful. At a corporate level, their operation management is a mess. They have no idea how inventory works, we always got re-stocks at the most inappropriate time. They do not understand store atmosphere, their required set up is not attractive from a consumer stand point. At a district level, specifically the district manager, is very hostile towards the employees, and it creates a very stressful workplace environment. At a store front level, the store manager has very little actual knowledge on customer service, and is often very rude to customers; she lacks service experience, probably more suitable as a secretary than a store manager of a customer service brand. The company lacks employee benefits, and the salary is not in proportion to the amount of work we have to do. Overall, they need to seriously reconsider their operations management and human resources strategies.
Pros
Cons
everything
Needs work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS20 September 2016
This company is in need of a make over. The pay system is weird and they don't stand behind their staff. If a customer calls you stupid and then complains then the company will listen to the customer over the staff. The staff I work is is great but the district manager is not a person I can trust. She belittles the people around her and insults them.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Lots
Productive and fun environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 August 2016
A typical day at SoftMoc shoes includes interacting with different customers every day. Some become friendly and become your number 1 fan. Working with a customer service company has taught me to be more patient and has helped improve my problem solving skills. Every day I look forward to a shift, mainly because my staff is great and together we make a great team.
Fun Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE; STAFF HELP (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2016
Diverse workplace, enjoyable job. Lots of friendly co-workers. However, hours were not long enough. Only offered 1-2 shifts weekly.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Stressful work occasionally.
Warm, welcoming job atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 April 2016
A day at Softmoc is enjoyable yet work. I learned better customer service on approach and professionalism in entrepreneurial skills. This was the first workplace I've enjoyed being a part of. Management was professional yet sentimental towards employees needs in all aspects. My coworkers became my friends but the hardest part of working is the cement flooring. It would consist of bending on to the knee consistently to provide shoes for customers. But the most enjoyable part of the job is organizing and helping the customers,especially the elderly.
Pros
The option for 5 minutes for cigarette breaks instead of a 30 minute lunch break.
Cons
Sore knees, and joints
Mediocre productive place to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2016
I've learned to be patient with myself, my co-workers, and my customers. Sales is harder than you expect. There is a lot of responsibility especially when it comes to making sure your customer has a great and fulfilled experience. Management could be better. There could be a lot more communication between management and staff.
Poor management and poor pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2016
Poor management and poor pay. to start of you get paid minimum wage plus commission which you barely make commission even with high pace traffic. Co workers were nice and friendly. basically over all for this company is a 2 star just because of the management, they do not do proper training and the pay for the work load is not worth it. I do not recommend this place.
Pros
Cons
pay
Productive and fast paced
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 January 2016
Overall, Softmoc Shoes is an amazing place to work. However when it comes to employees being harassed or bullied by fellow co-workers, the management does not do very much to prevent or stop this from happening.
Good job for students
Part-time, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 September 2015
The work environment was fun and busy.Interacting and having conversations with customers made the work easier and faster. The coworkers made me feel welcomed and were the best part of going to work every day.