SoftMoc Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 January 2018
Busy but positive environment. Work load is heavy but the people make all the difference. Work with a fantastic team who treat each other like family.
Great manager, bad pay
Retail Associate (part time) (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB14 January 2018
my manager was wonderful, very caring and considerate, on the other hand i was extremely under payed; $8 an hour + commition that makes it into minimum while stressing out about making enough sales.
Pros
wonderful manager
Cons
wage
neat sales floor, awsome management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2018
The warehouse location is very diverse and flexible with it's employee's. Great coworkers. The hardest part of the job is keeping as eye out for stealing customers and most enjoyable part of the job is helping those customers who actually want to buy something. haha!
very friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2018
manager is great she is a wonderful person, shifts are always easy and you get to spend the rest of your days with your family after, its really good place to work
Productive and enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON10 January 2018
A typical day at work consisted of making sales and assisting customers. I learned how to better my background in sales and took on many leadership roles.
Pros
Great work environment
Fun work environment
Sales Leader (Key holder) (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC7 December 2017
When you get an awesome group of workers like we had, it's always a pleasure to go to work, SoftMoc is a very good company to work for. They sell awesome materials that are very good quality.
Pros
The People
Cons
higher up management
Busy retail store
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 December 2017
A typical day at work is a very busy one. Customer service is always first therefore we are always on the floor selling.. Our store is in a very busy location and the staff are fantastic.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Commision Sales
Great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2017
This was definitely one of my fave places to work at. Great atmosphere and staff. I love shoes so this job was a great fit for me. Was a challenging but fun job
Head office - not a good place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 November 2017
Pros: laid back office attire, paid lunches, friendly co workers.

Cons: management is very biased, hours are all over the place.. that lunch you get paid for? Expect it to be cut short numerous times. Holidays are aweful. The turnover is so high because people quit during Christmas time because of how busy it gets. I’m talking about call after call until your voice dries up.

They will have you answering calls, answering emails, answering live chats, setting up inventory returns and doing UPS pick up’s all at the same time. It’s not worth $13/hour or whatever they are paying now.

The management is a joke. They will train you for a day and then you’re good to go apparently. If you’re not “in” then they will shun you until you quit.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Bad management, bad hours, bad environment
Productive and Easy Going Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 October 2017
Straight forward job with simple tasks, with a friendly environment. Management was also very nice and kept things in order; learned a lot and overall great experience
Pros
Competitive wage
Cons
Short Breaks
Worst job ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 October 2017
Was a manager for 4 years
Got paid min wage
No help from upper management
This place is falling apart
Do not work here unless you feel like being disrespected
Worst place i have ever worked.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 October 2017
I worked as assistant manager for about 6 months at the Conestoga Mall location, I worked my butt off while the manager sat and talked on the phone in the back DAILY. I did stock ALONE every time it came while getting paid minimum wage because I was always in the back and not selling shoes and making my commission.
I was fired without reason, out of the blue, which was extremely odd due to the fact that I busted my butt for softmoc while employed there.
If I could give tis compant a zero star rating, I would.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 September 2017
No training was provided and it was an extremely toxic work environment. Their turnover rate is insane. I don't recommend anyone working here unless you are extremely desperate.
Pros
Lots of food available in the mall
Cons
everything else
Pay structure is ridiculous
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2017
Associates were getting paid more than the assistant manager (me) even after months of badgering them to give me a raise that I was entitled to. There's plenty of room for advancement but pay is definitely not sufficient for the work load
fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 September 2017
place is great if you're looking to make friends and too have fun in a work place setting. a lot of great people work there and ensure you know everything you need to know in order to be successful
Productive and flexible workplace
Stock Person and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bramalea, ON18 September 2017
Selling shoes in a variety of brands that was to ensure the comfort of customer's needs. It was commission based, which helped me learn how to exceed sales goals everyday as well as making sure customers left the store happy.
Probably the worst management that I've ever seen...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Quebec14 September 2017
I worked in SoftMoc as an assistant manager for about 2 months.

They literally gave me a management position when I actually didnt had any experience in it. And they didnt train me at all for doing this position. So I was left all by myself trying to manage a store that I dont even know... The pay wasn't worth it at all, actually I was paid minimum salary. This job was a joke. My manager had some serious issues with everyone and was always being negative. Hated it.
Pros
40% off on shoes
Cons
salary, management aren't doing their job, computers NEVER work
sometimes productive but most days are very slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2017
A typical day at work would be waiting for customers to come into the store so we can help them however we can. Working there i learned how to manage my time wisely and to be more outgoing when trying to sell a product.
Pros
close to home
Cons
salary wasn't great
My opinion
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 September 2017
Great co workers to work with
Management was great
Customers were understanding and patient
Enjoyed down time during slow hours
Learned how to maintain my patience
Could've been better.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
My experince at SoftMoc was absolutely terrible. Aside from the fact that I was withheld from working for holiday hours i.e Black Friday and Boxing Day, but everyday would consist of being told about something that hasn't caused an issue. I didn't enjoy working there, although they did teach me how to deal with a fast pace environment with direction and steady speed.
Pros
Experiencing a city mall job.
Cons
Gave short hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoftMoc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6