SoftMoc Employee Reviews

good for part time if u dont have bills to pay
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 February 2018
the way they pay you is sketchy and not worth the amount of work you do. they dont train you either and they will unexpectedly cut your hours like crazy
The worst company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
The employees are over worked and under paid. Hours are given based off of favoritism. Poor management, the company sucks as a whole. They treat their employees like slaves. DO NOT WORK HERE!!
depending on location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 February 2018
head office expects too much out of stores
required to complete in store tasks while still managing to ship out online orders and recieve stock all in an 8 hour work day while serving customers
Productive work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna5 February 2018
A typical day at Softmoc consisted of aiding customers with shoe selection as well as restocking the stock room. The team I worked with was incredibly helpful as well as pleasant to work with.
Great environment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB31 January 2018
I took a temporary position at SoftMoc in St. Albert to help setup the store before opening. It was my first real job and it was a really great environment and the management was great. I feel like I did good work there and would love to do it again.
Pros
Great management.
productive and fun workplace
competitve
understanding manager
Worst job ever
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
The pay was insulting, never got a raise. The workload is huge and you get minimal hours to get it done, always worked through break (there's no hours for coverage).. I worked for my great staff / family... Certainly not the company...if there was an uppermanagement issue the blame gets put on the store and staff. Cheap company
Pros
Managers meetings
Cons
Long hours, no raises
softmoc
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2018
great company to work for. great training programs and incentives. great discount on shoes for employees. long hours and working every friday night and saturday as a manager is the downfall
Pros
great company
Cons
work weekends
Decent Workplace
Sales Assistant / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB18 January 2018
What I've learned was to experience assisting customers and building friendships with many people. The management was not the greatest, however, the workplace culture was a fun vibe
The enjoyable part of the job was the commision making and getting along with many at work, and I wouldn't miss it for the world
Great people to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 January 2018
Busy but positive environment. Work load is heavy but the people make all the difference. Work with a fantastic team who treat each other like family.
Great manager, bad pay
Retail Associate (part time) (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB14 January 2018
my manager was wonderful, very caring and considerate, on the other hand i was extremely under payed; $8 an hour + commition that makes it into minimum while stressing out about making enough sales.
Pros
wonderful manager
Cons
wage
neat sales floor, awsome management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2018
The warehouse location is very diverse and flexible with it's employee's. Great coworkers. The hardest part of the job is keeping as eye out for stealing customers and most enjoyable part of the job is helping those customers who actually want to buy something. haha!
very friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2018
manager is great she is a wonderful person, shifts are always easy and you get to spend the rest of your days with your family after, its really good place to work
Productive and enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON10 January 2018
A typical day at work consisted of making sales and assisting customers. I learned how to better my background in sales and took on many leadership roles.
Pros
Great work environment
Fun work environment
Sales Leader (Key holder) (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC7 December 2017
When you get an awesome group of workers like we had, it's always a pleasure to go to work, SoftMoc is a very good company to work for. They sell awesome materials that are very good quality.
Pros
The People
Cons
higher up management
Busy retail store
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 December 2017
A typical day at work is a very busy one. Customer service is always first therefore we are always on the floor selling.. Our store is in a very busy location and the staff are fantastic.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Commision Sales
Great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2017
This was definitely one of my fave places to work at. Great atmosphere and staff. I love shoes so this job was a great fit for me. Was a challenging but fun job
Head office - not a good place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 November 2017
Pros: laid back office attire, paid lunches, friendly co workers.

Cons: management is very biased, hours are all over the place.. that lunch you get paid for? Expect it to be cut short numerous times. Holidays are aweful. The turnover is so high because people quit during Christmas time because of how busy it gets. I’m talking about call after call until your voice dries up.

They will have you answering calls, answering emails, answering live chats, setting up inventory returns and doing UPS pick up’s all at the same time. It’s not worth $13/hour or whatever they are paying now.

The management is a joke. They will train you for a day and then you’re good to go apparently. If you’re not “in” then they will shun you until you quit.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Bad management, bad hours, bad environment
Productive and Easy Going Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 October 2017
Straight forward job with simple tasks, with a friendly environment. Management was also very nice and kept things in order; learned a lot and overall great experience
Pros
Competitive wage
Cons
Short Breaks
Worst job ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 October 2017
Was a manager for 4 years
Got paid min wage
No help from upper management
This place is falling apart
Do not work here unless you feel like being disrespected