Softchoice Employee Reviews

Awesome
Technical Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 November 2016
The environment was awesome, a great place for a first co-op. I learned so much there and I take away a lot of the ideas that I was taught there. The team that I worked with was awesome to work with. The dynamic that that team has all by themselves is awesome. My supervisor was awesome as well and was really helpful and provided great guidance.
Great place to start and build a career
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Softchoice is a great place to start and build a career. The corporate culture is great (lots of team events, volunteer days, etc). You can learn a lot at this company, and have opportunities for career advancement (in your department or elsewhere).
Pros
culture, volunteer days, team events, free food, great location in Liberty Village
Cons
Work life balance
Fast Growing, managed services employer
Supervisor - Keystone Enhanced Services Team (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2016
Softchoice Keystone Technical Support Center is a quickly growing, managed services provider. The company strives to have a great, positive culture, supporting its employees as they support its customers.
Pros
social involvement, supportive of employees, rapid growth
Great Company overall
CORPORATE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
Softchoice is one of the best places I've worked in. Every company has their shortcomings but the benefits and the work environment outweighs all of these by a long shot.
Pros
Good compensation, great overall culture
Cons
Still difficult to get ahead if you're a minority
Great Place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
The atmosphere at Softchoice is great. You always feel like a family. I always enjoyed going to work. Management was easy to talk to and my coworkers became my friends.
Pros
The environment
Cons
Salary
Could be over worked but othewise a good company to work for
Dynamics CRM Developer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Could be over worked but othewise a good company to work for:
No worries about not having enough tasks to do, but could be over worked often.
Good company culture and very competitive environment.
Always rooms for advancement and promotions
Fun to work here
Corporate Account Manager/ IT solutions advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Its a pleasant place to at. Very innovative and colorful. The management looks after your needs and yo do not need to be formal in your approach. The hardest part of the job is the target set during training. you need to acheive your target to get deployed into your role. That gives you a reason to be worried about your job. Co-workers are extremely helpful and I learnt a lot of things at this place.
Pros
free lunches, Beer
Cons
high expectations
Fun and Productive
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Softchoice is a great place to work. The employees are fantastic and completely helpful. Management could be a little more resourceful and encouraging, great place to work nonetheless.
Pros
Fun events, tons of selling perks and spiffs, great energy.
Cons
no real cons.
Great Culture
Sr. Territory Sales Representative Canada East (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2016
Meaningful work that drives professional development
Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
Being a part of a winning , high performance team
Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
We’ve raised over $1.5 Million through Softchoice Cares
Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
Our annual company-wide Launch event
Comprehensive benefits package
Our monthly Beer Cart (and dog-friendly office!)
Young Atmosphere
TSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2016
Great work place if you're right out of university. No room for advancement. High turn over rate during the on-boarding process.
Excellent culture and great starting place to learn about technology
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2016
Softchoice's mantra is to "Unleash the potential in people through technology." This mantra stays true as it is truly the people and culture that makes Softchoice great.
In the technology world Softchoice is a big player in Canada and a medium sized player in the U.S. with a lot of potential. If you want to learn about technology and how to manage accounts in a young, energetic environment then Softchoice is fantastic.
Pros
The people and culture, sometimes free lunches and after work activities, win vacations, free gear, etc.
Cons
It's a lot of work but totally worth it.
Great work/life/balance
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  173 Dufferin St Toronto3 May 2016
The work environment at Softchoice was amazing. Very hip vibe. Management takes care of their staff.

Monthly company wide review to all staff so everyone knows where the company is going. Bring your dog to work with you is an option that is great for those dog lovers who don't like leaving their pets at home.
Productiveand like challenges
Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 February 2016
I love going to work every morning as this where I most of my time if I am not home, Challenges and learning new technology is part of my diet . After a complex problem is resolved and that you can see the smile in the tone of the client , that makes my day.

Saleem
Pros
Learning new technolofy
Cons
Night shifts and rotation
Good people, relaxed atmosphere
Product Master - Data Analyst/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
Softchoice thrives on getting things done differently. They have a dog friendly environment in the offices (dogs allowed), Foosball table and arcade machine in the lunchroom, casual dress code.

People get along well for this reason. The corporate environment can get a bit stressful however it is rewarding that your work contributes to the success of the company.
Great company with lots of fun perks
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2015
As a software company they are always a step ahead of the usual office setting - this one in particular has been practicing these trends years before they became mainstream. It is a Dog friendly office, there are either ping pong table or Foosball table in the lunch room at our larger offices, annual "Launch" dinner has the entire company in one City to honor employees and let them know whats to come in the next year.
Continuous learning opportunities with courses that help you in your daily job as well as personal life - such as Emotional Intelligence, Color training, and Project Management to name a few.
The hardest part of the job is the the workload can get pretty heavy and stressful but seeing the finished product and appreciation from employees makes it worth it
Pros
Dog Friendly environment
Cons
lots of over time
Fun place to work
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada9 August 2015
The hardest part of the job were the lack of resources and failure to present the best projects to customers, the most enjoyable were the friends I met. I learned a lot in terms of managing my calendar and taking ownership of my work. Management needs to focus more on individual growth of reps and stay consistent and be a leader
Pros
personal freedom
Cons
terrible marketing initiatives
Nice on the outside rotten on the inside
Operation (Former Employee) –  Toronto14 November 2014
Yes the people are great, senior leadership team is a joke. The company is tanking, and they treat anyone that's not in sales as a second class citizen almost. Having worked there for 4 years... Yes you want to go in because of the people... But even that is diminishing since they will basically hire anyone since they want to pay you 35k and expect you to work 12 hours every month and quarter end.
Pros
The people
Cons
The pay, the senior leadership team
No commecnt
Corporate Talent Advisor - North America (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2014
Enjoyed the open concept office and area.
Co-workers were good people
Management needs help
ATS was a joke for a IT business solutions company
Pros
co-workers
Cons
manager
Vendor Sales Specialist / Pre Sales Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2014
Probably one of the very few Companies who allow to take your Dog to work
Multi Vendor UC environment
System Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 March 2014
Worked on designing and integrating various multi vendor complex projects.