Softchoice Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great work/life/balance
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), 173 Dufferin St TorontoMay 3, 2016
The work environment at Softchoice was amazing. Very hip vibe. Management takes care of their staff.

Monthly company wide review to all staff so everyone knows where the company is going. Bring your dog to work with you is an option that is great for those dog lovers who don't like leaving their pets at home.
Productiveand like challenges
Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Learning new technolofy
Cons: Night shifts and rotation
I love going to work every morning as this where I most of my time if I am not home, Challenges and learning new technology is part of my diet . After a complex problem is resolved and that you can see the smile in the tone of the client , that makes my day.

Saleem
Good people, relaxed atmosphere
Product Master - Data Analyst/Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Softchoice thrives on getting things done differently. They have a dog friendly environment in the offices (dogs allowed), Foosball table and arcade machine in the lunchroom, casual dress code.

People get along well for this reason. The corporate environment can get a bit stressful however it is rewarding that your work contributes to the success of the company.
Great company with lots of fun perks
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Dog Friendly environment
Cons: lots of over time
As a software company they are always a step ahead of the usual office setting - this one in particular has been practicing these trends years before they became mainstream. It is a Dog friendly office, there are either ping pong table or Foosball table in the lunch room at our larger offices, annual "Launch" dinner has the entire company in one City to honor employees and let them know whats to come in the next year.
Continuous learning opportunities with courses that help you in your daily job as well as personal life - such as Emotional Intelligence, Color training, and Project Management to name a few.
The hardest part of the job is the the workload can get pretty heavy and stressful but seeing the finished product and appreciation from employees makes it worth it
Fun place to work
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, Ontario, CanadaAugust 9, 2015
Pros: personal freedom
Cons: terrible marketing initiatives
The hardest part of the job were the lack of resources and failure to present the best projects to customers, the most enjoyable were the friends I met. I learned a lot in terms of managing my calendar and taking ownership of my work. Management needs to focus more on individual growth of reps and stay consistent and be a leader
Nice on the outside rotten on the inside
Operation (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 14, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the pay, the senior leadership team
Yes the people are great, senior leadership team is a joke. The company is tanking, and they treat anyone that's not in sales as a second class citizen almost. Having worked there for 4 years... Yes you want to go in because of the people... But even that is diminishing since they will basically hire anyone since they want to pay you 35k and expect you to work 12 hours every month and quarter end.
No commecnt
Corporate Talent Advisor - North America (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: manager
Enjoyed the open concept office and area.
Co-workers were good people
Management needs help
ATS was a joke for a IT business solutions company
Vendor Sales Specialist / Pre Sales Architect (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2014
Probably one of the very few Companies who allow to take your Dog to work
Have fun and working hard
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 2, 2013
Get to work, unpack the PCs,
I learned about teamwork...to work together as a team.
I love what I do I don't see any hardest part of the job.
When the project done on time that the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great Culture
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 20, 2013
Pros: culture
Cons: salary
Great culture,great place to advance if you work hard. Management normally started in entry level positions, showing opportunity for advancement. Its a fast paced environment.
A great company to start or grow your career!
People and Growth (Current Employee), TorontoApril 4, 2013
Pros: friendly, career growth, training, pay
Softchoice has two distinct personalities. On one side, it's incredibly competitive, driven and innovative. There's a constant stream of training to help people succeed. It rewards strong performances and has a lot of opportunity for advancement and growth - vertically and laterally.

On the other side, Softchoice has a great, fun culture. With dogs in most offices, paid volunteer time, charity work, a strong Corp Social Responsibility policy and beer cart Fridays, there is definitely a softer side to Softchoice.

People that are successful here are able to balance both sides, recognizing that hard work and a focus on success means you get to appreciate the added perks. The company reinvests in itself and the future looks bright.