Softchoice Employee Reviews

Don't believe the hype.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
The sales program is an overglorified IT equivalent to automobile sales.

This company knows no loyalty to its staff.

No work-life balance.

Nepotism is rampant.
Get what you put in
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
If you are content with coming in and just doing your job, you wont make it far and will soon dislike your job. However,Go above and beyond, develop your own brand, contribute your ideas and chances are you will get a raise and promotion very quickly.
Softchoice
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 March 2017
Our goal is simple: help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. That starts with answering the important questions – like where you are today and where you want to be in the future. Avoiding surprises, helping you make great decisions and providing the technical know-how to turn vision into reality – it’s all a part of how we deliver better outcomes for your business.
Good
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
It is a good company to work for and get a start in your career. They have a good training program and lots of resources to help you be successful.
fun envirement
Sr. Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 January 2017
tennis table
volunteer
company yearly meetings
monthly beer cart
good environment withing the team
Management can definitely be better
No enough trainings
Pros
Fun
Cons
Management poor, not enough trainings
Awesome
Technical Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 November 2016
The environment was awesome, a great place for a first co-op. I learned so much there and I take away a lot of the ideas that I was taught there. The team that I worked with was awesome to work with. The dynamic that that team has all by themselves is awesome. My supervisor was awesome as well and was really helpful and provided great guidance.
Great place to start and build a career
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Softchoice is a great place to start and build a career. The corporate culture is great (lots of team events, volunteer days, etc). You can learn a lot at this company, and have opportunities for career advancement (in your department or elsewhere).
Pros
culture, volunteer days, team events, free food, great location in Liberty Village
Cons
Work life balance
Fast Growing, managed services employer
Supervisor - Keystone Enhanced Services Team (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2016
Softchoice Keystone Technical Support Center is a quickly growing, managed services provider. The company strives to have a great, positive culture, supporting its employees as they support its customers.
Pros
social involvement, supportive of employees, rapid growth
Great Company overall
CORPORATE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
Softchoice is one of the best places I've worked in. Every company has their shortcomings but the benefits and the work environment outweighs all of these by a long shot.
Pros
Good compensation, great overall culture
Cons
Still difficult to get ahead if you're a minority
Great Place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
The atmosphere at Softchoice is great. You always feel like a family. I always enjoyed going to work. Management was easy to talk to and my coworkers became my friends.
Pros
The environment
Cons
Salary

Want to know more about Softchoice?

Ask a question
Could be over worked but othewise a good company to work for
Dynamics CRM Developer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Could be over worked but othewise a good company to work for:
No worries about not having enough tasks to do, but could be over worked often.
Good company culture and very competitive environment.
Always rooms for advancement and promotions
Fun to work here
Corporate Account Manager/ IT solutions advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Its a pleasant place to at. Very innovative and colorful. The management looks after your needs and yo do not need to be formal in your approach. The hardest part of the job is the target set during training. you need to acheive your target to get deployed into your role. That gives you a reason to be worried about your job. Co-workers are extremely helpful and I learnt a lot of things at this place.
Pros
free lunches, Beer
Cons
high expectations
Fun and Productive
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Softchoice is a great place to work. The employees are fantastic and completely helpful. Management could be a little more resourceful and encouraging, great place to work nonetheless.
Pros
Fun events, tons of selling perks and spiffs, great energy.
Cons
no real cons.
Great Culture
Sr. Territory Sales Representative Canada East (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2016
Meaningful work that drives professional development
Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
Being a part of a winning , high performance team
Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
We’ve raised over $1.5 Million through Softchoice Cares
Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
Our annual company-wide Launch event
Comprehensive benefits package
Our monthly Beer Cart (and dog-friendly office!)
Young Atmosphere
TSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2016
Great work place if you're right out of university. No room for advancement. High turn over rate during the on-boarding process.
Excellent culture and great starting place to learn about technology
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2016
Softchoice's mantra is to "Unleash the potential in people through technology." This mantra stays true as it is truly the people and culture that makes Softchoice great.
In the technology world Softchoice is a big player in Canada and a medium sized player in the U.S. with a lot of potential. If you want to learn about technology and how to manage accounts in a young, energetic environment then Softchoice is fantastic.
Pros
The people and culture, sometimes free lunches and after work activities, win vacations, free gear, etc.
Cons
It's a lot of work but totally worth it.
Great work/life/balance
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  173 Dufferin St Toronto3 May 2016
The work environment at Softchoice was amazing. Very hip vibe. Management takes care of their staff.

Monthly company wide review to all staff so everyone knows where the company is going. Bring your dog to work with you is an option that is great for those dog lovers who don't like leaving their pets at home.
Productiveand like challenges
Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 February 2016
I love going to work every morning as this where I most of my time if I am not home, Challenges and learning new technology is part of my diet . After a complex problem is resolved and that you can see the smile in the tone of the client , that makes my day.

Saleem
Pros
Learning new technolofy
Cons
Night shifts and rotation
Good people, relaxed atmosphere
Product Master - Data Analyst/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
Softchoice thrives on getting things done differently. They have a dog friendly environment in the offices (dogs allowed), Foosball table and arcade machine in the lunchroom, casual dress code.

People get along well for this reason. The corporate environment can get a bit stressful however it is rewarding that your work contributes to the success of the company.
Great company with lots of fun perks
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2015
As a software company they are always a step ahead of the usual office setting - this one in particular has been practicing these trends years before they became mainstream. It is a Dog friendly office, there are either ping pong table or Foosball table in the lunch room at our larger offices, annual "Launch" dinner has the entire company in one City to honor employees and let them know whats to come in the next year.
Continuous learning opportunities with courses that help you in your daily job as well as personal life - such as Emotional Intelligence, Color training, and Project Management to name a few.
The hardest part of the job is the the workload can get pretty heavy and stressful but seeing the finished product and appreciation from employees makes it worth it
Pros
Dog Friendly environment
Cons
lots of over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Softchoice. Our community is ready to answer.