Sofina Foods Employee Reviews

Great working space
Sofina foods (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2018
Had many friends who also worked there. They are all welcoming. Some jobs were harder than other jobs. Salary was great. Many hours. Usually started at 6am to 3:30 to 4pm
Productive and learning curve
Production Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2018
Work place full of energetic people, but the senior management was not team player, leadership skills were missing in most of the leaders. Overall it is good company to learn and leave.
Packeing line worker
G labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2018
Packeing and food cold and enjoying working there ...they pack bacon there and i also work ham there i really like to work there my 14 years....tx pz .
Pros
Free 15 min break
Cons
Over time
Grateful for the opportunity
MAINTENANCE CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 October 2017
Family-like culture among colleagues, Very accommodating, amazing department Director.
Working and staying here requires resilience by nature of being in meat industry. A lot of opportunities for improvement.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, pretty good in-house cafeteria, really good Director, catered work to utilize and expand skills, given a lot of important independent work, safety equipment provided
Cons
slaughterhouse, scents, low wage, a lot of required gear on plant-floor (hair net, hardhat, lab coat, boots, etc)
na
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2017
Very organized entity with strong support for staff and management. Plants are unionized so it is critical to be alert when dealing with staff. Long term plan in view with flexibility to adapt to quick market changes.
General Labor
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
For a food industry, there are occupational standards that are important to be met and as an employee, it is important that those standards are made personal. SOPs save lives, time, money.
good salary
Packager / Cleaner / Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 September 2017
it is a living salary job. I've learned a lot from the two different departments i have worked with. And dealing with different kinds of people. Management is alright as they leave an open communication set up. The most fun part of the job is once you've learned the method needs to do the job, then they will let you do it with very minimal supervision.
Pros
bonus provided from perfect attendance
Cons
old employees are mostly rude ( unionized)
Heavy work load
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Wynyard, SK2 September 2017
The typical day at work was exhausting because you need to stand up for eight hours a day. I learned to be more cautious and aware around the work place. The management was easy to deal with the situation in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when they sent you to the hot and messy area. I enjoy the benefits of the company.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Standing for long time
Great company!
National Account Manager - Retail & FoodService (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Great company, good people and plenty of room to grow! I would recommend this company to anyone who loves the food industry, wants to work at a growing company and is flexible with an ever changing environment
Very good place to get you involved with the work force.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 August 2017
A very good job with very good pay. Hours can be a bit rough but very good over all to begin a work ethic. Introduces you to the world of an adult and if you are an adult the pay and benefits excel just as much as if you were a student. Rate it 8.5/10 to work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Early/long hours
no fun at all
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON8 May 2017
new logistics management team looking for much higher expectations and having no clue of what's really going on on the floor making it harder for any associates to get the job done.
Pros
Cons
long ours
not fun at all after we were bought out by Sofina Foods that's for sure
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 March 2017
I understand when a big company buys a small one, no ones job is secure, changes were expected to happen and unfortunately I was the unlucky one...is like in any sports team a new coach is hire as soon as new management team is in place.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
yes...14 to 15 hours a day to be specific
Good place to learn and work
Supply Planning (coop) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2017
Good place to work and learn. Opportunity to use ideas and learn from higher management. Lots of opportunities to grow and move to higher positions. Top management very receptive and open to new ideas. The senior management is also very approachable.
Is a company that treats me very well, gave me the opportunity to learn a lot and gain a lot of experience
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
I am very responsible, honest and very eager to progress, and I follow the orders as they tell me.
I learned how to handle the forklift and I gained a lot of experience in this, I learned to understand people and understand their needs, I learned to make orders and to locate the products in their place, to make inventories.
Intense workplace with little work life balance
TRADE MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 January 2017
Lean operation requires individuals tasked with multiple rolls leading to long hours and little work life balance.

some great small teams, however, more people required to properly carry out projects to success.
Cons
long hours, lean operation
New Management In Brampton Rocks!!
Service Person (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 January 2017
Been with the company over 10 years and have seen very bad Management decisions up until almost 2 years ago. New Plant Manager is awesome and also the Maintenance Manager is super supportive and gets things done. Really enjoy my job now having the support of World Class Managers!
Pros
Great Pay / Best in Class Plant
Cons
early mornings / Benefits
Productive work place that provides excelent laboral enviroment
Line/Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2016
Working at Sofina was a very good experience. Day after day the manager and supervisors make sure that all employees work in a safe environment, meeting all the requirements that the law specify. Working in a factory is not always easy but, when everybody is working with the purpose of getting things done, everything actually is simple. The hardest part of working as a line worker is the long period of time that you have to be standing up and sometimes you have to lift heavy stuff.
Pros
Pay very well
Cons
HR Administrator / Receptionist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 December 2016
People are amazing and if you have the right manager they are willing to train you and help you every step of the way. The culture is fantastic as well. The only thing i would say is i wish they had a career projection plan, but i think they may be trying to implement it right now.
Sofina Foods Belleville
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 December 2016
I worked here for just over a year, plus I worked there as a summer student for 2 years leading into getting hired full time. I enjoyed the hours and the people I worked with. I would go back if I had the chance.
Pros
Cold environment
Cons
Early Mornings.
Horrible work place no integrity
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2016
Horrible place to work. Do not value their employees.employees tested like slaves.this company does not value it's employees.
Pros
Cons
Terrible directors