Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company headquartered in Markham, Ontario dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for consumers. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and value added protein products, Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey, and chicken products. Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy and Quality Meats. Sofina Foods currently operates 18 HACCP-approved manufacturing facilities (17 in Canada and one in the northwestern United States), three hatcheries and has over 4,600 employees.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Plant Superintendent is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of production lines to ensure cost effective and timely manufacture of quality products in accordance with established business plans/objectives. The Plant Superintendent will oversee production planning, as well as creates, coordinates, and implements approved production shift schedules and activities directed toward production continuity and balance.
- Oversees Brampton production and Sanitation operations, ensures quality and adherence to production specifications to meet customer expectations and business objectives;
- Implements and maintains production scheduled in collaboration with all Plant functions;
- Provides leadership to Production and Sanitation supervisor(s): to organize, train, and motivate production personnel to ensure consistent quality of work;
- Monitors and provides analysis on production reports including yields variance quality, and injury reports;
- Supports Plants Key Drivers of: Health and Safety, Food Safety/Quality, Customer Service and Costs (Yields and Labour).
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma with emphasis on food processing, and/or solid supervisory/management experience in a food processing manufacturing environment.;
- In-depth knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP, and WHMIS;
- Proven work experience in a unionized environment, ability to manage production labour force within the terms of the Collective Agreement and through Human Resources policies;
- Strong Communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Indeed - 8 months ago