Location: 401 Canarctic Drive
Shift: Day shift Classification & Rate: As per the Collective Agreement
To perform maintenance and repair of all facility, production machinery and refrigeration equipment. Will be working on projects to improve safety, production, and environment at Sofina Foods Inc.(Canarctic location)
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not all inclusive
- Quickly trouble shoot, diagnose and repair problems as they occur on any equipment or facility. * Communicate and work in a teamwork environment with other maintenance personnel
- Work on projects as assigned
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or designate
- Work in and promote a safe environment
- Must work strictly in compliance with all Health & Safety, HACCP and follow all relevant GMP’s
- Must have experience operating Refrigeration equipment
- Basic Electrical troubleshooting knowledge required.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Must have a valid Millwright license from Ontario. Refrigeration “B” license is a plus. The candidate will be asked to obtain a Refrigeration “B” license within 6 months of employment
- Aptitude for quick trouble shooting and diagnosis of problems with machinery, systems, and facilities
- Industrial plant maintenance experience
- Must be willing and able to lift and or move materials
- Able to work independently and a team player
- Highly organized and multitask oriented
- Experience in a computerized environment, PLC, automated equipment
- Experience in a food plant
- 3-5 years’ experience as a licensed Millwright
- This position requires physical effort 30% to 40% of the time entails lifting and moving heavy equipment.
- The work environment is wet, damp and refrigerated 50 degrees F or less. Warm clothing is required.
- The noise level may exceed 90 decibels. Hearing protection, head protection and eye protection are mandatory.
- The use of safety shoes and safety glasses is mandatory. The wearing of prescribed clothing, hair net and beard net are mandatory.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act. The incumbent is responsible to work in a safe manner and report all events causing personal injury and/or structural damage as well as any unsafe and/or unhealthy conditions immediately to his/her manager. Incumbent must comply with the company H&S Policy, which includes H&S Rules, Procedures and Guidelines. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal
Build your career, apply today!
To apply for this career opportunity please contact or forward your resume to Connie Augello in the Human Resources Department e-mail: caugello @sofinafoods.comc