Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

I really enjoyed my experience working here,
Kitchen Staff / Conference Services (Former Employee) –  HalifaxMarch 19, 2014
This company was wonderful to work for i enjoyed every part of this job.
learning experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton ONMarch 2, 2014
cleaned different parts of the hospital for a contractor

the hardest part of the job was not knowing how long i was going to have the job for

made new friends
Cons
no job security
na
First cook breakfast cook chef (Former Employee) –  Minto mine Yukon YTFebruary 28, 2014
why ? I don't think you need to know any of this thank you
it was a job
paid the bills
Pros
na
Cons
na
Very nice place ,
Lunch Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ekati Diamond Mine NWTFebruary 26, 2014
I loved it there. people very friendly I got to learn different cultures from around the globe. It was like being in a resort minus the warm weather. We had inside mini golf , racket ball, volley ball , the best of all gym equipment , really good food , awesome team leads ,great people , We could always go into tracess training lab to do free courses and yep I did lots . I became friends with the native people whom I worked with and they have become part of my family , I learned different things from them as well as other people from different countries
I truely loved the remote camp life , peace and quiet everyone was like family to me and treated me like I was one of their own. And that was the best feeling ever.
When I first started there we had a manager who was very nice but also very professional as well. He moved on in the company and left Ekati, Then Sodexo sent in other new management and Chef and then it went all down hill from there, Within a few months we was told that the catering and janitorial contract was being put back on tender . Well we knew right then that due to poor management that we would soon have no job. And this was the saddest day ever. If Sodexo would have kept the contract and not lost it , then I can honestly say that I would still be there working . People said to me when I was home on time off ,,How do I stand going to the North there's nothing there,,My response is yes there is more there than you can ever imagine, Would I go North again Yes I sure would . Yes it took me from home alot , But it was also like my home :>)
Pros
i got to discover a different cuture
Cons
poor management after our head manager took on another position
Good working atmoshpere and collective
cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder BayFebruary 21, 2014
A perfect place for a full-time student of Confederation College. Flexible schedule and understanding management.

Worked with cash and at Tim Hortons.
Fast paced, customer-friendly service.
Supervisor and Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, CanadaFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day for me begins with opening the store, preparing daily duties such as opening and setting-up cash registers, brewing coffee, maintain cleanliness while serving customers. I have grown to learn a lot from my managers and partners, starting from friendship, the value of respecting one another and dedication. I enjoyed this job very much because I love working and dealing with people on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch
productive and past face workplace
Chef Cuisinier Asiatique (Former Employee) –  New CaledoniaFebruary 2, 2014
day to day work is base on menu cycle every month that's why i have learned a lot specially in food supervisory and management.
great experience on my co-workers and also to the management.
there's no hardest part on the job because it is always enjoyable when i'm working with my passion, especially in kitchen supervisory.
Pros
free board, lodging and transportation
Productive and fun workplace
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 28, 2014
enjoying the company of the fellow co-workers and the customers that I will be engaging with. hardest part of the job would be knowing I didn't help someone in need. the best part of the job is knowing I am making a differences even if it is only a small difference.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
temp jobs
High production and working with world wide chefs
cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day checking with the Executive Chef of the daily duties. Working and assisting the Celebrity Chef's since I knew my way around the kitchen, and gather their ingredients and assist them on the World Stage.
After I became the breakfast chef.
I was hired for the Paralympics also.
Pros
learning new skills from different chef's
Cons
the olympics ended.
great company to work for
Acute Care / LTC / Education Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 8, 2014
A great company that takes care of their managers and appreciates their hard work
Pros
well compensated for position
Cons
long hours at times
easy-going/ sometimes busy workplace with free meals.
preparing food/dishwashing/portioning (Former Employee) –  vancouver, bcJanuary 7, 2014
learned a little about Greek food and enjoyed the food also. Hardest part of the job was cleaning the machinery
Fun and friendly work environment
Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 15, 2013
This company provides a good & friendly environment to its employees.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
odd shifts
work wherever I was called in for from being on grill to making pizza to dishroom
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONOctober 21, 2013
I enjoyed working for Sodexo I was at the Brock Universitie Food Services. I met alot of nice people. The problem was it was on-call basis only and would be that way for years. Many employees had been there 5 years and were still on-call. You could go weeks with no calls and the following week work 4 shifts but never knew where or if you were going to work until they called. That is why I left there when I got the job at Niagara College with less pay but regular hours.
Pros
pay was good. enjoyed working with public
Cons
on-call, not enough hours, never knew when or if working
Enjoyable fun atmospheric workforce
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCOctober 2, 2013
I enjoyed working at the Sodexo company, because it was a great company. I worked with good people; we understood each other, and the supervises were also benevolent which made work enjoyable and interesting.
Cons
somtimes the work slowed down and minimum or, insucifficent hours were given per week.
Productive and comfortable environment to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 20, 2013
I enjoy working for Sodexo as they listen to problems and make every effort to fix the problemd
Pros
friendly management
Cons
no advancement
a great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  CNRL FortMacmurryAugust 19, 2013
. trying to keep everything neat and tidy. i learned to work with many different groups of people and it was fun. management was great to work for.my coworkers were great,i got along very well with my coworkers.there was no hard part about this job i worked in two buildings.i would go out to help in other places if i was needed.the most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked for and the people i worked with.
Pros
the people i met
Cons
riding home on a bus
We have pool tables theatre room and gym baseball field alot of good things to enjoy yourself great room also.
C-Store attendant and cashier (Current Employee) –  Smoky Falls, ONAugust 18, 2013
My day here at work is always a good i enjoy being around people i always have a smile. I even have workers calling me smily. I do see how management have a lot on their plates to make this job successful. My co-workers are great to work with. My hardest part of my work is well i don't really have an answer for that one for me its not very hard. The most enjoyable part is learning new things everyday and making sure our workers are served well and happy.
Pros
everything is free here
Cons
long hours but no problem
Oversee construction and Day to Day facility operations for eastern Canada
REGIONAL OPERATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MontrealJuly 25, 2013
I made a bad career move this company has no vision nor mission they do not have the correct people managers in place.

The Operation Director and VP's are food people and do not understand the facility management side of the business that they are trying to acquire.

Unfortunate that they do not see this problem.
Pros
no one to oversee you work they do not understand the business
Cons
left on your own to solve issues example: long hours
Fast paced environment on a University campus.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 15, 2013
I would come into work first thing in the morning to smiley faces and good conversation. There was always rush times in between classes where a lot of students would come in for lunch and coffee. We were also right beside the gym and had a "Booster Juice" so a lot of the students would go there as well.
I worked at the Tim Hortons and Booster Juice and caught on very quickly how too keep up with it all and still get it right with a smile on my face. I was always nice to the customers no matter how they acted towards myself or another employee.
All in all it was an enjoyable work place and I also loved my co-workers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
grumpy university students.
A safe place to eat
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 9, 2013
My major job covers a variety of activities, such as customer services, inventory management and kitchen assistant. Usually in the morning I will check if there is enough stock for Easy to Go Food and decide how many to make. For lunch time, I will serve the Chef Table. Sometimes if i work for the evening time, I am in charging of cleaning up and putting away the food.

I enjoy greeting the customer most although it is not as relaxing as working in the kitchen. Customers' smiles make me feel my job is rewarding.
Pros
free lunchs; learn how to make simple food as pizza and sandwich
Cons
not much space for promotion