Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great company to work for
Acute Care / LTC / Education Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: well compensated for position
Cons: long hours at times
A great company that takes care of their managers and appreciates their hard work
easy-going/ sometimes busy workplace with free meals.
preparing food/dishwashing/portioning (Former Employee), vancouver, bcJanuary 7, 2014
learned a little about Greek food and enjoyed the food also. Hardest part of the job was cleaning the machinery
Fun and friendly work environment
Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 15, 2013
Pros: friendly working environment
Cons: odd shifts
This company provides a good & friendly environment to its employees.
work wherever I was called in for from being on grill to making pizza to dishroom
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pay was good. enjoyed working with public
Cons: on-call, not enough hours, never knew when or if working
I enjoyed working for Sodexo I was at the Brock Universitie Food Services. I met alot of nice people. The problem was it was on-call basis only and would be that way for years. Many employees had been there 5 years and were still on-call. You could go weeks with no calls and the following week work 4 shifts but never knew where or if you were going to work until they called. That is why I left there when I got the job at Niagara College with less pay but regular hours.
Enjoyable fun atmospheric workforce
Housekeeper (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCOctober 2, 2013
Cons: somtimes the work slowed down and minimum or, insucifficent hours were given per week.
I enjoyed working at the Sodexo company, because it was a great company. I worked with good people; we understood each other, and the supervises were also benevolent which made work enjoyable and interesting.
Productive and comfortable environment to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: friendly management
Cons: no advancement
I enjoy working for Sodexo as they listen to problems and make every effort to fix the problemd
a great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), CNRL FortMacmurryAugust 19, 2013
Pros: the people i met
Cons: riding home on a bus
. trying to keep everything neat and tidy. i learned to work with many different groups of people and it was fun. management was great to work for.my coworkers were great,i got along very well with my coworkers.there was no hard part about this job i worked in two buildings.i would go out to help in other places if i was needed.the most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked for and the people i worked with.
We have pool tables theatre room and gym baseball field alot of good things to enjoy yourself great room also.
C-Store attendant and cashier (Current Employee), Smoky Falls, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: everything is free here
Cons: long hours but no problem
My day here at work is always a good i enjoy being around people i always have a smile. I even have workers calling me smily. I do see how management have a lot on their plates to make this job successful. My co-workers are great to work with. My hardest part of my work is well i don't really have an answer for that one for me its not very hard. The most enjoyable part is learning new things everyday and making sure our workers are served well and happy.
Oversee construction and Day to Day facility operations for eastern Canada
REGIONAL OPERATION MANAGER (Former Employee), MontrealJuly 25, 2013
Pros: no one to oversee you work they do not understand the business
Cons: left on your own to solve issues example: long hours
I made a bad career move this company has no vision nor mission they do not have the correct people managers in place.

The Operation Director and VP's are food people and do not understand the facility management side of the business that they are trying to acquire.

Unfortunate that they do not see this problem.
Fast paced environment on a University campus.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: grumpy university students.
I would come into work first thing in the morning to smiley faces and good conversation. There was always rush times in between classes where a lot of students would come in for lunch and coffee. We were also right beside the gym and had a "Booster Juice" so a lot of the students would go there as well.
I worked at the Tim Hortons and Booster Juice and caught on very quickly how too keep up with it all and still get it right with a smile on my face. I was always nice to the customers no matter how they acted towards myself or another employee.
All in all it was an enjoyable work place and I also loved my co-workers.
A safe place to eat
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJuly 9, 2013
Pros: free lunchs; learn how to make simple food as pizza and sandwich
Cons: not much space for promotion
My major job covers a variety of activities, such as customer services, inventory management and kitchen assistant. Usually in the morning I will check if there is enough stock for Easy to Go Food and decide how many to make. For lunch time, I will serve the Chef Table. Sometimes if i work for the evening time, I am in charging of cleaning up and putting away the food.

I enjoy greeting the customer most although it is not as relaxing as working in the kitchen. Customers' smiles make me feel my job is rewarding.
I enjoyed my co-workers and the residents
First Cook (Former Employee), Summerland, BCJune 20, 2013
During my time at the village I was always extremely busy because we were short staffed on a regular basis,
Exciting New Experience
Kitchen staff (Current Employee), Schefferville, QCJune 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, room and board, stress free work enviroment, beautiful view, helpful management.
Probably the best place a new worker could work, sadly the contract states only a certain amout non aboriginal's can work for this area.
great working experience with a variety of positions and times.
Warehouse organizer/ Incinerator/ shuttle driver (Former Employee), Dease Lake, BCJune 4, 2013
Pros: being in camp with no distractions
Cons: i loved being in camp
we would start with unloading pallets from freight trucks, to our warehouse with a forklift, then unloaded the products that was needed for each camp in sections, then bring it to the helicopter so it can be transported, then we would keep and inventory from the kitchen and communicate with the kitchen so we can resupply them, as well as the camp room attendance. some days we would alternate from shuttle bus driving, to removing waste in the incinerator. each day was different, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I learned a ton of responsibility in managing a camp, and maintaining equitable assistance. I enjoyed every aspect of the job, and the variety of experiences it had to offer.
A fun place to work with different people.
Janitor (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMay 14, 2013
Working together with others can be very nice and entertaining.
Business Focus
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), TorontoApril 15, 2013
Pros: able to relocate
Cons: long hours
Management and client focus. Able to relocate to other accounts.
they don't care about the people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 13, 2013
Pros: .
Cons: pay is ok, but not good enough for the amount of work. not full time. no benefits. overall, 2 thumbs down.
Sodexo is a huge company and the focus is on making money. They get by on as few staff as possible, then get mad when everything isn't perfect! the work load is not reasonable, and even management doesn't try to deny this. when you complain about being overworked they tell you "I know you can't do everything, so you need to prioritize". then when everything isn't done you get written up! I worked in a hospital in housekeeping, and with this company and their values in place I hope i never get sick.
Nice people with more than average pay.
General Labourer (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 17, 2013
Paid almost a dollar over the minimum.
People were friendly and helpful if I needed to know how to do something.
I try hard to maintain a positive attitude and smile
Housekeeping Associate (Current Employee), General siteMarch 13, 2013
Cons: very little hours, not that great a pay, scheduling issues for example: i show up for work and i'm not on the schedule, then i leave and their calling me to come back because they made a mistake on the schedule, and this happens quite ften.
I sign in and look to see what area I will be doing. I sign out my keys and go to my JC and set up my cart.
I learned to do things different ways from management and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job would be, coming into a messy cart that someone else left with a bucket of dirty water, and no supplies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have done a good job and people notice, it makes me feel good to know that I have given my best. As well, I enjoy interacting with people and like to help in anyway I can. I get along well with all of my co-workers and other hospital staff, as well as the general public.
its a living
lead janitor (Current Employee), Whitehorse, YTFebruary 22, 2013
not a bad place to work in general high turnover here constant management changes/staff turnover
Employees