Sodexo
2,130 reviews

Sodexo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent pay, but seasonal position
Food Service Worker/Banquet Server (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAOctober 12, 2014
Worked at a food service location on a college campus. Loved making sandwiches for the students. However, there were times that communication between upper management and the line workers wasn't effective so some policies took time to take effect.
work with very nice people
head cook/cashier (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2014
Pros: family company
I enjoyed my 20 years there, never a hard time, learn a lot and learn new things all the time, everyone got alone, but now I must go and hope to get into something more the cooking, hope to take my skills to a higher level.
fghj
FSA ( Food service assistant ) (Current Employee), Lympstone, ENGOctober 11, 2014
dont enjoy my work, treated unfairly, what a joke, go to work to earn a living, not to come home stressed, end up on tablets and constantly be in and out of doctors with a hand injury.
fun place to work
House Keeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: off half the year.
Fun place to work,learned everyday,busy and fast pace,will recommend anybody to work there.
great company and always room for growth
Supervisor/Cook (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYOctober 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay free meals
Cons: late hours
preparing meals for the kids who attend the college.... i oversee the employees that work with me. i also do the money count and at the end of the night do the deposit for the following day. hardest part of the job is the hours which are very late. co workers are great and we all get along very well. most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of – more... the kids who attend the college who really do depend on us for good food while they are away from home. – less
many new people all the time and many times not enough people to get the job done.
housekeeper (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNOctober 10, 2014
Pros: they will always let you do two or three peoples work every night.
Cons: only one break that you sign out for they give you nothing, no second break to rest your feet
There is a constant supply of new supervisors that need to be mentored and educated. The best thing about working for sodexo is the wonderful coworkers that come in to work . unfortunately they do not stay because of a lack of personal care they need to survive and a lack of proper compensation for their hard work . In a hospital setting people should – more... receive more than minimum wage for top quality work . somehow the benefit package doesn't seem to matter seeing how nobody will ever stay long enough to retire unless they are part of the management team. Daily group huddles revolve around important days in History instead of classes to further educate new people how to do their jobs. – less
Good, large company with opportunities world wide.
General Manager of Facilities/Engineering (Current Employee), New Canaan, CT.October 10, 2014
Good company to work for. Good opportunity to move within the company and grow.
Very low job security since we are hired by clients to manage their facilities, anytime that there is a top manager's change for our client, we are at risk.
Handled reservations, guest check-in and checkout.
Front Desk Clerk/DRA (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch, learn how to assist other team members
Cons: pay for lunch if not working, only worked doing the school terms
• Handled cash and credit card transactions for 1000+ students
and guests.

• Resolved student and guest complaints.

• Completed all cleaning tasks given by manager.
Typical contract company
Executive Chef/ Production Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, MIOctober 8, 2014
Over promise and under deliver.
Top heavy on management.
Will do anything to keep a contract except the right thing, honesty
Good place to work while in Collage
Cook (Former Employee), Durant, OKOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good if going to collage
Cons: few hours and very small paycheck
this was a very simple job. Everything could be,learned in about a day. very mixed cultural group. management was always on top of things yet very friendly
Good college job
Dining Facility Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYOctober 8, 2014
Working for Sodexo was a good college job to have because it was on campus, but wasn't challenging, and didn't require much skill.
So-So
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2014
Because I was a teenager working here I felt as if they got away with under paying us for what we did. I remember all the energy I started off having when I first started working there and none of the energy I had when I left. They took the excitement out of working with there company.
fun enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: weather
this was a great experience to venture with the outdoors as well as dealing with large groups.
Fast paced work enviornment but well organized
Supervisor / Host (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work consists of or reservations, supervisor duties as the control and make sure residents are receiving the best service possible. I have learned through out the course of my employment how to be efficiently hard working under a lot of stress. All management is a cooperative team to maintain a fun, positive, and successful work place.
Good experience
Cashier (Current Employee), Spartanburg SCOctober 7, 2014
Most enjoyable job. Great people to work for everyone cares about your feelings.
ok
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Crete, NEOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: gets really busy
This was an ok job. Everthing was organized and ment for a learning environment. Things were pretty calm and not many issues.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2014
great job. easy work very nice company there always sending there employees o training to become better
productive place to work
Head Dishwasher/Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free food and great co-workers
Cons: things are always broken
The dishroom was def a challenge everyday of week, if you are a lazy person this is not the place to work... but if you like a challenge like myself this is the place for you. The job was very easy but dealing with half eaten food all day is kinda gross but the pay was pretty good. You are def soaked in water by the end of your shift so i hope you have – more... a shirt to change into especially in the winter time. Management was def not the best, our main issue was things would break and it would take them 6 months to fix it and just tell us to deal with it. Feeding over 2000 people a day you cant afford for things to stay broken and no one wants to carry dishes from point a to point b....Best part about it all was we always found a way to make each other laugh – less
Company did offer advancements.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: decent meals
Cons: kinda mean managers.
The Clients Were Fun, The Company Was A Little UnJust. Good working hours and typical work place banter, no drama rama and the food was good.
Sodexo USA
Executive District Chef Sodexho USA (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: not enough time
Great Company to work
Left due to move from Va. to Md
management fantastic great people

everyday as a success

enjoy to go home at the end of the day

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more