Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 28, 2014
enjoying the company of the fellow co-workers and the customers that I will be engaging with. hardest part of the job would be knowing I didn't help someone in need. the best part of the job is knowing I am making a differences even if it is only a small difference.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
temp jobs
High production and working with world wide chefs
cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day checking with the Executive Chef of the daily duties. Working and assisting the Celebrity Chef's since I knew my way around the kitchen, and gather their ingredients and assist them on the World Stage.
After I became the breakfast chef.
I was hired for the Paralympics also.
Pros
learning new skills from different chef's
Cons
the olympics ended.
great company to work for
Acute Care / LTC / Education Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 8, 2014
A great company that takes care of their managers and appreciates their hard work
Pros
well compensated for position
Cons
long hours at times
easy-going/ sometimes busy workplace with free meals.
preparing food/dishwashing/portioning (Former Employee) –  vancouver, bcJanuary 7, 2014
learned a little about Greek food and enjoyed the food also. Hardest part of the job was cleaning the machinery
Fun and friendly work environment
Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 15, 2013
This company provides a good & friendly environment to its employees.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
odd shifts
work wherever I was called in for from being on grill to making pizza to dishroom
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONOctober 21, 2013
I enjoyed working for Sodexo I was at the Brock Universitie Food Services. I met alot of nice people. The problem was it was on-call basis only and would be that way for years. Many employees had been there 5 years and were still on-call. You could go weeks with no calls and the following week work 4 shifts but never knew where or if you were going to work until they called. That is why I left there when I got the job at Niagara College with less pay but regular hours.
Pros
pay was good. enjoyed working with public
Cons
on-call, not enough hours, never knew when or if working
Enjoyable fun atmospheric workforce
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCOctober 2, 2013
I enjoyed working at the Sodexo company, because it was a great company. I worked with good people; we understood each other, and the supervises were also benevolent which made work enjoyable and interesting.
Cons
somtimes the work slowed down and minimum or, insucifficent hours were given per week.
Productive and comfortable environment to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 20, 2013
I enjoy working for Sodexo as they listen to problems and make every effort to fix the problemd
Pros
friendly management
Cons
no advancement
a great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  CNRL FortMacmurryAugust 19, 2013
. trying to keep everything neat and tidy. i learned to work with many different groups of people and it was fun. management was great to work for.my coworkers were great,i got along very well with my coworkers.there was no hard part about this job i worked in two buildings.i would go out to help in other places if i was needed.the most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked for and the people i worked with.
Pros
the people i met
Cons
riding home on a bus
We have pool tables theatre room and gym baseball field alot of good things to enjoy yourself great room also.
C-Store attendant and cashier (Current Employee) –  Smoky Falls, ONAugust 18, 2013
My day here at work is always a good i enjoy being around people i always have a smile. I even have workers calling me smily. I do see how management have a lot on their plates to make this job successful. My co-workers are great to work with. My hardest part of my work is well i don't really have an answer for that one for me its not very hard. The most enjoyable part is learning new things everyday and making sure our workers are served well and happy.
Pros
everything is free here
Cons
long hours but no problem
Oversee construction and Day to Day facility operations for eastern Canada
REGIONAL OPERATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MontrealJuly 25, 2013
I made a bad career move this company has no vision nor mission they do not have the correct people managers in place.

The Operation Director and VP's are food people and do not understand the facility management side of the business that they are trying to acquire.

Unfortunate that they do not see this problem.
Pros
no one to oversee you work they do not understand the business
Cons
left on your own to solve issues example: long hours
Fast paced environment on a University campus.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 15, 2013
I would come into work first thing in the morning to smiley faces and good conversation. There was always rush times in between classes where a lot of students would come in for lunch and coffee. We were also right beside the gym and had a "Booster Juice" so a lot of the students would go there as well.
I worked at the Tim Hortons and Booster Juice and caught on very quickly how too keep up with it all and still get it right with a smile on my face. I was always nice to the customers no matter how they acted towards myself or another employee.
All in all it was an enjoyable work place and I also loved my co-workers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
grumpy university students.
A safe place to eat
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 9, 2013
My major job covers a variety of activities, such as customer services, inventory management and kitchen assistant. Usually in the morning I will check if there is enough stock for Easy to Go Food and decide how many to make. For lunch time, I will serve the Chef Table. Sometimes if i work for the evening time, I am in charging of cleaning up and putting away the food.

I enjoy greeting the customer most although it is not as relaxing as working in the kitchen. Customers' smiles make me feel my job is rewarding.
Pros
free lunchs; learn how to make simple food as pizza and sandwich
Cons
not much space for promotion
I enjoyed my co-workers and the residents
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BCJune 20, 2013
During my time at the village I was always extremely busy because we were short staffed on a regular basis,
Exciting New Experience
Kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Schefferville, QCJune 11, 2013
Probably the best place a new worker could work, sadly the contract states only a certain amout non aboriginal's can work for this area.
Pros
free lunches, room and board, stress free work enviroment, beautiful view, helpful management.
great working experience with a variety of positions and times.
Warehouse organizer/ Incinerator/ shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BCJune 4, 2013
we would start with unloading pallets from freight trucks, to our warehouse with a forklift, then unloaded the products that was needed for each camp in sections, then bring it to the helicopter so it can be transported, then we would keep and inventory from the kitchen and communicate with the kitchen so we can resupply them, as well as the camp room attendance. some days we would alternate from shuttle bus driving, to removing waste in the incinerator. each day was different, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I learned a ton of responsibility in managing a camp, and maintaining equitable assistance. I enjoyed every aspect of the job, and the variety of experiences it had to offer.
Pros
being in camp with no distractions
Cons
i loved being in camp
A fun place to work with different people.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 14, 2013
Working together with others can be very nice and entertaining.
Business Focus
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 15, 2013
Management and client focus. Able to relocate to other accounts.
Pros
able to relocate
Cons
they don't care about the people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCApril 13, 2013
Sodexo is a huge company and the focus is on making money. They get by on as few staff as possible, then get mad when everything isn't perfect! the work load is not reasonable, and even management doesn't try to deny this. when you complain about being overworked they tell you "I know you can't do everything, so you need to prioritize". then when everything isn't done you get written up! I worked in a hospital in housekeeping, and with this company and their values in place I hope i never get sick.
Pros
Cons
pay is ok, but not good enough for the amount of work. not full time. no benefits. overall, 2 thumbs down.
Nice people with more than average pay.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONMarch 17, 2013
Paid almost a dollar over the minimum.
People were friendly and helpful if I needed to know how to do something.