Sodexo Employee Reviews

SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON31 July 2015
loved it but it was hard work and the management was friendly and i learn a lot of things met a lot of great people and I gain alot of confidence and became a better leader
Pros
free lunch and free go bus
Cons
long nights
Sodexo company is the best place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2012
i learned lots of good things ..how to be with people ,to work as a team.the management are great and fair to everybody. my co workers are very supportive in terms of everything... the hardest job that i encounter is to understand everybody .and to be patience .the most enjoyable part of my job when we do project time in summer were all happy and work together ....also i cant forget is our get together party every year.
Pros
potluck
Fast paced environment on a University campus.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 July 2013
I would come into work first thing in the morning to smiley faces and good conversation. There was always rush times in between classes where a lot of students would come in for lunch and coffee. We were also right beside the gym and had a "Booster Juice" so a lot of the students would go there as well.
I worked at the Tim Hortons and Booster Juice and caught on very quickly how too keep up with it all and still get it right with a smile on my face. I was always nice to the customers no matter how they acted towards myself or another employee.
All in all it was an enjoyable work place and I also loved my co-workers.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Grumpy university students.
Sodexo
General Manager Fionn McCool's (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2015

One of the biggest catering company in the world

Lots of potential for growth

Learned about Prime Pubs restaurant operations
Pros
free food
Cons
Not the worst in the industry
General Manager - Mount Logan Lodge (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 November 2015
Enjoyable work environment. The team I headed was exceptional - very skilled at what they do and was a pleasure to work with them.
work wherever I was called in for from being on grill to making pizza to dishroom
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 October 2013
I enjoyed working for Sodexo I was at the Brock Universitie Food Services. I met alot of nice people. The problem was it was on-call basis only and would be that way for years. Many employees had been there 5 years and were still on-call. You could go weeks with no calls and the following week work 4 shifts but never knew where or if you were going to work until they called. That is why I left there when I got the job at Niagara College with less pay but regular hours.
Pros
Pay was good. Enjoyed working with public
Cons
on-call, not enough hours, never knew when or if working
Business Focus
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 April 2013
Management and client focus. Able to relocate to other accounts.
Pros
able to relocate
very busy fast-paced workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2015
a very busy and fast-paced environment, best to keep up with work and time or else you'll get behind your schedule. management is ok. some co workers are ok, they help you especially when you are new to job.
After hours activities provided such as fitness center and games room
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 April 2015
Fast paced environment and I enjoy that aspect of my job. Even though it's repetitive there are enjoyable diversions such as meeting and talking with the clients. My co-workers and I together with management work together. The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
lots of work!
Bar/Catering manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 April 2014
I enjoyed the opportunity to challenge my ability to manage and multi-task but I worked far too long and was being cheated on my over-time and days off.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Not very good no constructive work ethics
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 November 2012
Run run run your always busy.they never hire enough house keepers.
The company was not very good but I learned a lot,I loved the job I picked up alot I learned how to clean hospital rooms,how to deal with people how to deal with conflicts between co workers and doctors and nurses
The hardest part of this job: dealing with the doctors and nurses and keeping up with their demands
I loved the interactions between me and the patient and the senior citizens in the long term care facilities
Pros
i learned how to interact with patients, doctors, nurses
Cons
not enough house keepers
High production and working with world wide chefs
cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2014
A typical day checking with the Executive Chef of the daily duties. Working and assisting the Celebrity Chef's since I knew my way around the kitchen, and gather their ingredients and assist them on the World Stage.
After I became the breakfast chef.
I was hired for the Paralympics also.
Pros
Learning new skills from different chef's
Cons
The olympics ended.
great part-time job experience for students
Part-Time Cashier and Front House Labor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 April 2015
friendly environment. learned a lot about kitchen safety and consumer needs. learned how to manage stress and stay on top of my duties and function during a busy dining service. excellent management.
love to work with the public
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2012
A typical day was to arrive at work, close the door and do all the payroll and accounting for the business. I learned a lot from this job especially since the lady that trained me did not speak much English and she was very pregnant so she was at the doctors most of the time. Much of the job was self taught. I was very busy so I did not get to know my co-workers as well as I would have like to.
Pros
it was in a hospital setting
Cons
i wish i had more training to learn the ropes
Cheap place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 April 2015
Unreal stress with 1000 meals 3x a day. Poor management no support.
Poor pay based on what a lousy job it is
Unionized where people with more seniority get the jobs over people who are most qualified
Pros
Cons
Unreal stress poor unsupportive management
You can learn alot about the business at this location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cantung Mine, NWT9 June 2014
Its been a very long ride learning the ropes, always someone to correct your way of doing things. Its up at 5am and down at 9pm every day for 28 days straight. I have recieved some much in the way of how to do things and the proper tools to accomplish it. I have really been apart of improving the ergonomics here at the this site. I have enjoyed every minute and will continue to try my best.
low skilled workforce, gm out of touch with reality of day-to-day operations
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 February 2015
one of the largest employers in Kingston (600) 100 are fulltime unionized positions making 20.00 per hour but the other 500 work 20-25 hours per week at 11.00 per hour thus making a large wage disparity for employees who perform the exact same tasks and many low skilled workers
A very friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Sodexo Company (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 June 2015
The co-workers were so easy to work with. They were willing to assist me in situations I could not handle alone. Everyone was encouraging. We all had breaks together and there were lots of humorous co-workers. The boss was very patient and cheerful.
Pros
It was such a nice schedule to balnce with my life
Cons
The boss passed away
Fast paced, customer-friendly service.
Supervisor and Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Canada20 February 2014
A typical day for me begins with opening the store, preparing daily duties such as opening and setting-up cash registers, brewing coffee, maintain cleanliness while serving customers. I have grown to learn a lot from my managers and partners, starting from friendship, the value of respecting one another and dedication. I enjoyed this job very much because I love working and dealing with people on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
great company to work for
Acute Care / LTC / Education Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta8 January 2014
A great company that takes care of their managers and appreciates their hard work
Pros
well compensated for position
Cons
long hours at times