Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

Wasn't very happy working there. Didn't get enough hours to suit me
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 22, 2014
I didn't like it very much and the staff was ok to work with. The commute to the job lasted 20 minutes up and down the hill. Parking was not good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours leading to my quitting there.
I learned how to be patient to the resident and my co-workers.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCOctober 15, 2014
I wash the dishes, serve food to the residents, cleaning the kitchen and preparing food for breakfast. I learned how to be patient to the residents and my co-workers.
Top 1OO company - with Top performers
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 26, 2014
Fantastic Consolidated Service Solutions Company whose Management team empowers its employees to be successful and productive- at home and at work.
Pros
top 100 company with advancement
Cons
sometimes volital service industry
Cafeteria
General Helper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Great people, very multi cultural, over twenty different countries, good daytime hours, uniform, training, making food as a team, heavy duty equipment
fun to work with staff and friendly environment,
Accounts payable & Payroll Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2012
It was very good place to work ,staff and employees cooperate with each other and we worked in fun environment. Also all the managers were down to earth and very easy going.
Pros
free teas & coffees
no benefits long hours good work environments
dishwasher/janitor/server (Former Employee) –  cornwall,onSeptember 27, 2014
it is not the best company to work for when having an argumentives taskmaster as an supervisor. however good work environment,and beneficial in urning's.
I enjoy my job.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Everyday I prepare meals for up to 800 students. I also work in the catering department and I prepare gourmet meals, hors d'oeuvres, and even prepare small services, such as sandwich platters, veggie, fruit and cheese platters. I like my job very much. I love cooking.
Food Stand Supervisor
SUPERVISOR, FOOD STAND (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 19, 2012
I would supervise employees with procedures and safe food handling practises.
Provide training if needed.
Responsible for inventory, paperwork, counting registers and deposits at close.
If needed perform cashier functions
Sodexo
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2012
I was a cashier, handled lots of money. Very fast paced environment.
Also, was in a tim hortons working, also very fast paced. No stopping for 5 hours at a time. Hardest part of the job would be the management.
Pros
all the people, as well as learning alot
Cons
the management
Exciting New Experience
Kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Schefferville, QCJune 11, 2013
Probably the best place a new worker could work, sadly the contract states only a certain amout non aboriginal's can work for this area.
Pros
free lunches, room and board, stress free work enviroment, beautiful view, helpful management.
It would be nice to have TV in lunch room
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 17, 2012
I like working for Sodexo .
Serve with smile .
The management is very good.
They are very good ,we work as team .
I like to finish my work on time .
i enjoy serving the customers .
Pros
example: free lunches
Cons
example: long hours
Have much time to know people
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON airportNovember 7, 2012
Excellent company. and friendly people.

workplace pleasant all the days. I learned that my capacity of grow inside the company so much showing my work..

What better enjoyed working in company was knowing people.
have a full gyme and rec hall
Chef (local 47) (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 26, 2014
work place safe. 10 hour work day,21 days on 7 days off. work not to hard, always work at safe and steady pace
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
Impossible Demands, Constant Criticism, Counterproductive Equipment
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCNovember 13, 2015
No matter how hard you try, there will be ongoing criticism from multiple contradicting sources. That said, the ongoing criticism is one of the only indicators of the actual job description. Because of the multiple parties that are making demands, the workload is impossible to complete. Equipment falls apart when you try to use it; when you bring this to their attention, it will be locked out for a week and then returned to you in the same condition with a statement that it is "fixed". Whether you have the equipment or not, you will be hindered in accomplishing the task that that type of equipment is required for. You will then be publicly humiliated on their Wall of Shame which posts weekly audits and a white board that announces shortcomings for all to see. There is also the constant threat of being fired if there are too many "complaints" from one of the sources of your workload.

I have witnessed a worker who was BADLY and permanently injured ON THE JOB, being aggressively treated by assistant management, in front of an audience, as though she were practically a criminal. She is supposed to be receiving assistance to do her "modified" workload; but instead was put working alone in the busiest area of the facility. She has to work through her breaks and stay late (without pay) to get it done, and is in excruciating pain.

Assistant management is aggressive, power hungry, domineering, hypercritical, vindictive, uncompassionate and has no management skills whatsoever. Management put her in that position, because he felt she had potential. Management seems completely
  more... oblivious to any of the issues and can't understand why there is such a high turnover rate. It was actually implied to me that I would have difficulty finding things to do. Management believes the Wall of Shame inspires "healthy competition". All it does is discourage a group of already burnt out workers.

Then you will receive your paycheque which will not be enough to live on. It is usually as close as possible to minimum wage.
Pros
The work team is a group of very nice hardworking people
Cons
Impossible workload, constant criticism and threat of termination, assistant management bully, wage
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCFebruary 28, 2012
Fast paced working environment. Good health benefits and some good programs that are through the company. Not a very personable place to work though.
Pros
the co-workers
Cons
the politics
Good job for Uni Students
Bartender (Former Employee) –  KingstonDecember 5, 2014
Very flexible with hours. Not hard work - very simple tasks. Friendly staff and most importantly, GREAT HOURS!
lots of work!
Bar/Catering manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 1, 2014
I enjoyed the opportunity to challenge my ability to manage and multi-task but I worked far too long and was being cheated on my over-time and days off.
Pros
free lunches
room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2014
great company lots for growth. world wide. different types of jobs from hospitality, cooking, maintenance. advancement
Great Company to work with
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 23, 2014
Great Management, Free Food , Great coworkers.. Interesting atmosphere, benefits and vacation provided
Pros
free food, great management
Cons
slow increements
A great place to work with great people
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  penetanguisheneSeptember 16, 2014
I look forward to going to work on a daily basis. The atmosphere is excellent, the people are understanding and caring.