Sodexo Employee Reviews

Fast paced, busy yet fun job.
Receptionist for Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Mississauga, ON.19 January 2015
Learned something new almost every single day of work.
Challenged my multi-tasking and time management skills and bettered it all the time.
Acquired strong product knowledge.
Always kept Client interest above everything for which a great deal of appreciation was received.
Pros
Always met new people, and workplace was just an 8 minute drive from home.
Cons
The management provided very little or no support at all.
Sodexo company is the best place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2012
i learned lots of good things ..how to be with people ,to work as a team.the management are great and fair to everybody. my co workers are very supportive in terms of everything... the hardest job that i encounter is to understand everybody .and to be patience .the most enjoyable part of my job when we do project time in summer were all happy and work together ....also i cant forget is our get together party every year.
Pros
potluck
Fast paced environment on a University campus.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 July 2013
I would come into work first thing in the morning to smiley faces and good conversation. There was always rush times in between classes where a lot of students would come in for lunch and coffee. We were also right beside the gym and had a "Booster Juice" so a lot of the students would go there as well.
I worked at the Tim Hortons and Booster Juice and caught on very quickly how too keep up with it all and still get it right with a smile on my face. I was always nice to the customers no matter how they acted towards myself or another employee.
All in all it was an enjoyable work place and I also loved my co-workers.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Grumpy university students.
Impossible Demands, Constant Criticism, Counterproductive Equipment
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 November 2015
No matter how hard you try, there will be ongoing criticism from multiple contradicting sources. That said, the ongoing criticism is one of the only indicators of the actual job description. Because of the multiple parties that are making demands, the workload is impossible to complete. Equipment falls apart when you try to use it; when you bring this to their attention, it will be locked out for a week and then returned to you in the same condition with a statement that it is "fixed". Whether you have the equipment or not, you will be hindered in accomplishing the task that that type of equipment is required for. You will then be publicly humiliated on their Wall of Shame which posts weekly audits and a white board that announces shortcomings for all to see. There is also the constant threat of being fired if there are too many "complaints" from one of the sources of your workload.

I have witnessed a worker who was BADLY and permanently injured ON THE JOB, being aggressively treated by assistant management, in front of an audience, as though she were practically a criminal. She is supposed to be receiving assistance to do her "modified" workload; but instead was put working alone in the busiest area of the facility. She has to work through her breaks and stay late (without pay) to get it done, and is in excruciating pain.

Assistant management is aggressive, power hungry, domineering, hypercritical, vindictive, uncompassionate and has no management skills whatsoever. Management put her in that position, because he felt she had potential. Management seems completely
  more... oblivious to any of the issues and can't understand why there is such a high turnover rate. It was actually implied to me that I would have difficulty finding things to do. Management believes the Wall of Shame inspires "healthy competition". All it does is discourage a group of already burnt out workers.

Then you will receive your paycheque which will not be enough to live on. It is usually as close as possible to minimum wage.
Pros
The work team is a group of very nice hardworking people
Cons
Impossible workload, constant criticism and threat of termination, assistant management bully, wage
Business Focus
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 April 2013
Management and client focus. Able to relocate to other accounts.
Pros
able to relocate
Cons
work wherever I was called in for from being on grill to making pizza to dishroom
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 October 2013
I enjoyed working for Sodexo I was at the Brock Universitie Food Services. I met alot of nice people. The problem was it was on-call basis only and would be that way for years. Many employees had been there 5 years and were still on-call. You could go weeks with no calls and the following week work 4 shifts but never knew where or if you were going to work until they called. That is why I left there when I got the job at Niagara College with less pay but regular hours.
Pros
Pay was good. Enjoyed working with public
Cons
on-call, not enough hours, never knew when or if working
Sodexo
General Manager Fionn McCool's (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2015

One of the biggest catering company in the world

Lots of potential for growth

Learned about Prime Pubs restaurant operations
Pros
free food
Cons
the people where very nice when l work there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 December 2015
clean of different room in ST Mary Nursing Home of cleaning rooms and the people that live there were very nice they would say good morning when l when in to clean where they live
Not very good no constructive work ethics
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 November 2012
Run run run your always busy.they never hire enough house keepers.
The company was not very good but I learned a lot,I loved the job I picked up alot I learned how to clean hospital rooms,how to deal with people how to deal with conflicts between co workers and doctors and nurses
The hardest part of this job: dealing with the doctors and nurses and keeping up with their demands
I loved the interactions between me and the patient and the senior citizens in the long term care facilities
Pros
i learned how to interact with patients, doctors, nurses
Cons
not enough house keepers
lots of work!
Bar/Catering manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 April 2014
I enjoyed the opportunity to challenge my ability to manage and multi-task but I worked far too long and was being cheated on my over-time and days off.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
After hours activities provided such as fitness center and games room
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 April 2015
Fast paced environment and I enjoy that aspect of my job. Even though it's repetitive there are enjoyable diversions such as meeting and talking with the clients. My co-workers and I together with management work together. The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON31 July 2015
loved it but it was hard work and the management was friendly and i learn a lot of things met a lot of great people and I gain alot of confidence and became a better leader
Pros
free lunch and free go bus
Cons
long nights
High production and working with world wide chefs
cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2014
A typical day checking with the Executive Chef of the daily duties. Working and assisting the Celebrity Chef's since I knew my way around the kitchen, and gather their ingredients and assist them on the World Stage.
After I became the breakfast chef.
I was hired for the Paralympics also.
Pros
Learning new skills from different chef's
Cons
The olympics ended.
very busy fast-paced workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2015
a very busy and fast-paced environment, best to keep up with work and time or else you'll get behind your schedule. management is ok. some co workers are ok, they help you especially when you are new to job.
Not the worst in the industry
General Manager - Mount Logan Lodge (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 November 2015
Enjoyable work environment. The team I headed was exceptional - very skilled at what they do and was a pleasure to work with them.
great part-time job experience for students
Part-Time Cashier and Front House Labor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 April 2015
friendly environment. learned a lot about kitchen safety and consumer needs. learned how to manage stress and stay on top of my duties and function during a busy dining service. excellent management.
love to work with the public
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2012
A typical day was to arrive at work, close the door and do all the payroll and accounting for the business. I learned a lot from this job especially since the lady that trained me did not speak much English and she was very pregnant so she was at the doctors most of the time. Much of the job was self taught. I was very busy so I did not get to know my co-workers as well as I would have like to.
Pros
it was in a hospital setting
Cons
i wish i had more training to learn the ropes
You can learn alot about the business at this location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cantung Mine, NWT9 June 2014
Its been a very long ride learning the ropes, always someone to correct your way of doing things. Its up at 5am and down at 9pm every day for 28 days straight. I have recieved some much in the way of how to do things and the proper tools to accomplish it. I have really been apart of improving the ergonomics here at the this site. I have enjoyed every minute and will continue to try my best.
low skilled workforce, gm out of touch with reality of day-to-day operations
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 February 2015
one of the largest employers in Kingston (600) 100 are fulltime unionized positions making 20.00 per hour but the other 500 work 20-25 hours per week at 11.00 per hour thus making a large wage disparity for employees who perform the exact same tasks and many low skilled workers
Cheap place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 April 2015
Unreal stress with 1000 meals 3x a day. Poor management no support.
Poor pay based on what a lousy job it is
Unionized where people with more seniority get the jobs over people who are most qualified
Pros
Cons
Unreal stress poor unsupportive management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.