Sodexo Employee Reviews

good employ but no communication
Chef d'équipe, Musée canadien de l'histoire (Former Employee) –  100 rue laurier Gatineau21 April 2015
My day starts buy counting the safe, give the break to the employ, do the inventory and after that give the lunch break. After the lunch i can try to have my 30min of lunch and then i need to supervised the cafeteria, the coffee express and the restaurant at all time, sometimes i dont even have the time to eat.At 3h00pm i need to help the employ to close the cafeteria and count and balance there cash, do the deposit and write my report of the day on each department.
I didn`t have a good formation as a supervisor and a cashier.
My co-workers are good but they don`t take there job seriously.
The hardest part of my job is to work every week-end, iv`e been working every week-end for the pats 2 years with no possibility of having 1 week-end off without losing hours.
Pros
...
Cons
long hours, working every week-end
Friendly and Fast
Cook, Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 April 2015
The job involved serving the same group of customers every day, as the Sodexo was within a manufacturing plant. This allowed getting to know the customers on a personal basis; the best part of the job. However, one must keep in mind that workers are given a set time period for breaks, and service must be swift as well as friendly. It is an easy balance to achieve after a while.
Pros
Free food, benefits after 3 months
Cons
Fast paced
great part-time job experience for students
Part-Time Cashier and Front House Labor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 April 2015
friendly environment. learned a lot about kitchen safety and consumer needs. learned how to manage stress and stay on top of my duties and function during a busy dining service. excellent management.
After hours activities provided such as fitness center and games room
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 April 2015
Fast paced environment and I enjoy that aspect of my job. Even though it's repetitive there are enjoyable diversions such as meeting and talking with the clients. My co-workers and I together with management work together. The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
Cheap place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 April 2015
Unreal stress with 1000 meals 3x a day. Poor management no support.
Poor pay based on what a lousy job it is
Unionized where people with more seniority get the jobs over people who are most qualified
Pros
Cons
Unreal stress poor unsupportive management
Sodexo menaçée de perte de contrat sur le campus...
Première cuisinière (Current Employee) –  Québec QC23 March 2015
Le manque de communication est déroutant...Résultat: travail en double, gaspillage de denrées, commérages, perte de temps...
Pros
Respect de la salubrité et de la santé, sécurité pour les travailleurs
Cons
communication, stationnement dispendieux
Great Place to work! Great Staff & Team
Residence Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 March 2015
Great energy and an amazing place to work! Good starting pay and exceptional benefits. Sodexo - Lakehead University take care of their staff & faculty
sodexo is good place to work
dishwasher/food prep (Current Employee) –  kingston, ontario26 February 2015
sodexo is a good place to work for someone who only needs a few hours here and there, maybe a hobby job, rather than a job they rely on to pay the bills. I love my job at Queens, with Sodexo but my hours aren't paying my bills, the fellow employees and employers are all amazing, positive people. the job atmosphere at Sodexo is astonishing.
Pros
the yearly raise is promising, managment is flexible
Cons
not enough hours, seniority based scheduled shifts
low skilled workforce, gm out of touch with reality of day-to-day operations
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 February 2015
one of the largest employers in Kingston (600) 100 are fulltime unionized positions making 20.00 per hour but the other 500 work 20-25 hours per week at 11.00 per hour thus making a large wage disparity for employees who perform the exact same tasks and many low skilled workers
always a productive day at work
Multi-Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 February 2015
a typical day at work would be setting and preparing meals for our patients at The Burnaby Mental Health and Addiction Centre. attending to patients needs. cleaning cultery.
Pros
seeing my coworkers everyday
Cons
my manager wasnt very friendly
environnement de travail agréable
Aide-cuisinière (Former Employee) –  Valcourt, QC18 February 2015
J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler en cuisine et relever les défit demander.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
salaire peut élever
Diversity and Inclusion at work everyday
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 February 2015
Multifaceted facilities management company with many roles in many business environments from health care, manufacturing to campus services.
Pros
Working in many enviorments
Cons
contracted work
Fast paced, busy yet fun job.
Receptionist for Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Mississauga, ON.19 January 2015
Learned something new almost every single day of work.
Challenged my multi-tasking and time management skills and bettered it all the time.
Acquired strong product knowledge.
Always kept Client interest above everything for which a great deal of appreciation was received.
Pros
Always met new people, and workplace was just an 8 minute drive from home.
Cons
The management provided very little or no support at all.
Cafeteria
General Helper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 January 2015
Great people, very multi cultural, over twenty different countries, good daytime hours, uniform, training, making food as a team, heavy duty equipment
Progressive Company with great vision and values
District Manager Corporate Services and IFM (Former Employee) –  Western Canada: AB, BC, MB, SK8 January 2015
I spent eight fantastic years working for Sodexo and truly enjoyed the experience, the opportunities and the professional development.
Pros
Diverse, Inclusive, Proactive
For a camp, it's a great place to be.
kitchen helper-prep- (Former Employee) –  Mayo, YT22 December 2014
I enjoyed working in the kitchen, and my boss was an awesome chef and had great taste in music. My co-workers were really nice people and I had no problems with anybody. Wish to be apart of this team again someday would be awesome, but to those looking for a great pay and meeting new people..this is the job for you.
Pros
Free meals and room
Cons
12 hours a day for two weeks. two weeks off.
great environment
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC18 December 2014
i enjoy working with people and i met all sorts of people from cultures to religions and ethnicities. i had amazing view of the airport and had free food in the lounge
Pros
free food great view
Cons
heavy lifting and walking around
Good job for Uni Students
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kingston5 December 2014
Very flexible with hours. Not hard work - very simple tasks. Friendly staff and most importantly, GREAT HOURS!
have a full gyme and rec hall
Chef (local 47) (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 November 2014
work place safe. 10 hour work day,21 days on 7 days off. work not to hard, always work at safe and steady pace
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
easy going place. lots of things to do.
Primary Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON14 November 2014
When I worked at the store It was a lot of fun as I only had one boss and he would just let me do my own thing. But when I had a question my boss was always willing to give me a helping hand to make sure that I understood. The bosses that I had are great to work for because they were always willing to teach me everything there was to know about the store. from the ordering to the stocking of the store.
The hardest part of the job really didn't have anything to do with the work. It had a lot to do with the fact that you are away from home.
But on the same since the best part of the job was that I got to meet a lot of different kind of people.
Pros
All your food and logdeing were free
Cons
Being away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval