Sodexo Employee Reviews

productive and fun plus my benifits
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2016
even though im working too early in that days. I really enjoyed my job and also I love helping my customers. And further, my working hours is very convenient to my ad to my family
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 February 2012
Fast paced working environment. Good health benefits and some good programs that are through the company. Not a very personable place to work though.
Pros
the co-workers
Cons
the politics
Good
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2016
one two three four five sixjskahdakjsdah askjdhaskjdhsakjdh asjkdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhasmdn ,n,samdnasdjsakdhsakjdhsakjdhaskdhj
Pros
jknjk
Cons
jkhkj
Great Company to work with
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto23 May 2014
Great Management, Free Food , Great coworkers.. Interesting atmosphere, benefits and vacation provided
Pros
Free Food, great management
Cons
Slow increements
a great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  CNRL FortMacmurry19 August 2013
. trying to keep everything neat and tidy. i learned to work with many different groups of people and it was fun. management was great to work for.my coworkers were great,i got along very well with my coworkers.there was no hard part about this job i worked in two buildings.i would go out to help in other places if i was needed.the most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked for and the people i worked with.
Pros
the people i met
Cons
riding home on a bus
Friendly and Fast
Cook, Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 April 2015
The job involved serving the same group of customers every day, as the Sodexo was within a manufacturing plant. This allowed getting to know the customers on a personal basis; the best part of the job. However, one must keep in mind that workers are given a set time period for breaks, and service must be swift as well as friendly. It is an easy balance to achieve after a while.
Pros
Free food, benefits after 3 months
Cons
Fast paced
Remote location - mining camp, one road in and one road out. Very big adjustment compared to all other job assignments.
Camp Manager (Former Employee) –  outside Sicamous, B.C.2 November 2015
Job was a challenge. 300 minors, had to put 3 people in two rooms, by figuring out the rotations and ensuring no over rides. Managed 30 First Nations staff in kitchen and housekeeping. Responsible for inventory in kitchen and commissary.
Pros
Spent a lot of time and got tto be friends with co-workers
Cons
Long ways from home
Very diversified company that works hard to be all inclusive and accepting.
General Manager, Rainy River Project. (Former Employee) –  ON14 September 2015
Large large Global company. A very good company to work for. Strong values with includes very impressive diversification stats. Company lives it's values and these values are visable to employees.

Currently limited number of new projects which has resulted in limited opportunities for project staff.
Pros
Diversified company
Cons
Limited Project opportunities.
Sodexo company is the best place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2012
i learned lots of good things ..how to be with people ,to work as a team.the management are great and fair to everybody. my co workers are very supportive in terms of everything... the hardest job that i encounter is to understand everybody .and to be patience .the most enjoyable part of my job when we do project time in summer were all happy and work together ....also i cant forget is our get together party every year.
Pros
potluck
Business Focus
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 April 2013
Management and client focus. Able to relocate to other accounts.
Pros
able to relocate
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON31 July 2015
loved it but it was hard work and the management was friendly and i learn a lot of things met a lot of great people and I gain alot of confidence and became a better leader
Pros
free lunch and free go bus
Cons
long nights
Fast paced, busy yet fun job.
Receptionist for Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Mississauga, ON.19 January 2015
Learned something new almost every single day of work.
Challenged my multi-tasking and time management skills and bettered it all the time.
Acquired strong product knowledge.
Always kept Client interest above everything for which a great deal of appreciation was received.
Pros
Always met new people, and workplace was just an 8 minute drive from home.
Cons
The management provided very little or no support at all.
very busy fast-paced workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2015
a very busy and fast-paced environment, best to keep up with work and time or else you'll get behind your schedule. management is ok. some co workers are ok, they help you especially when you are new to job.
After hours activities provided such as fitness center and games room
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 April 2015
Fast paced environment and I enjoy that aspect of my job. Even though it's repetitive there are enjoyable diversions such as meeting and talking with the clients. My co-workers and I together with management work together. The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
Very nice place ,
Lunch Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ekati Diamond Mine NWT26 February 2014
I loved it there. people very friendly I got to learn different cultures from around the globe. It was like being in a resort minus the warm weather. We had inside mini golf , racket ball, volley ball , the best of all gym equipment , really good food , awesome team leads ,great people , We could always go into tracess training lab to do free courses and yep I did lots . I became friends with the native people whom I worked with and they have become part of my family , I learned different things from them as well as other people from different countries
I truely loved the remote camp life , peace and quiet everyone was like family to me and treated me like I was one of their own. And that was the best feeling ever.
When I first started there we had a manager who was very nice but also very professional as well. He moved on in the company and left Ekati, Then Sodexo sent in other new management and Chef and then it went all down hill from there, Within a few months we was told that the catering and janitorial contract was being put back on tender . Well we knew right then that due to poor management that we would soon have no job. And this was the saddest day ever. If Sodexo would have kept the contract and not lost it , then I can honestly say that I would still be there working . People said to me when I was home on time off ,,How do I stand going to the North there's nothing there,,My response is yes there is more there than you can ever imagine, Would I go North again Yes I sure would . Yes it took me from home alot , But it was also like my home :>)
Pros
I got to discover a different cuture
Cons
Poor Management after our head manager took on another position
Sodexo
General Manager Fionn McCool's (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2015

One of the biggest catering company in the world

Lots of potential for growth

Learned about Prime Pubs restaurant operations
Pros
free food
Cons
the people where very nice when l work there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 December 2015
clean of different room in ST Mary Nursing Home of cleaning rooms and the people that live there were very nice they would say good morning when l when in to clean where they live
was a fun workplace table tennis darts and pool table.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  minto mine site yukon canada30 April 2015
A typical day at work liked the busyness, made your day fly by. I learned a lot about team work, and how to be used to isolation working in camps, i never had problems in that department. Co workers are just like a family treat people with respect and thts what u get in return, but you always end up working with the unreliable types and unruley types thats life. Hard part of the job is no privacy, enjoyable part of the job is making new friends etc you cant name all the things. Was a fun workplace
Pros
bills at home are really low so is food cost
Cons
nowhere to go and blow off steam when in a mood.
High production and working with world wide chefs
cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2014
A typical day checking with the Executive Chef of the daily duties. Working and assisting the Celebrity Chef's since I knew my way around the kitchen, and gather their ingredients and assist them on the World Stage.
After I became the breakfast chef.
I was hired for the Paralympics also.
Pros
Learning new skills from different chef's
Cons
The olympics ended.
Not the worst in the industry
General Manager - Mount Logan Lodge (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 November 2015
Enjoyable work environment. The team I headed was exceptional - very skilled at what they do and was a pleasure to work with them.