Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

low skilled workforce, gm out of touch with reality of day-to-day operations
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 21, 2015
one of the largest employers in Kingston (600) 100 are fulltime unionized positions making 20.00 per hour but the other 500 work 20-25 hours per week at 11.00 per hour thus making a large wage disparity for employees who perform the exact same tasks and many low skilled workers
I try hard to maintain a positive attitude and smile
Housekeeping Associate (Current Employee) –  General siteMarch 13, 2013
I sign in and look to see what area I will be doing. I sign out my keys and go to my JC and set up my cart.
I learned to do things different ways from management and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job would be, coming into a messy cart that someone else left with a bucket of dirty water, and no supplies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have done a good job and people notice, it makes me feel good to know that I have given my best. As well, I enjoy interacting with people and like to help in anyway I can. I get along well with all of my co-workers and other hospital staff, as well as the general public.
Cons
very little hours, not that great a pay, scheduling issues for example: i show up for work and i'm not on the schedule, then i leave and their calling me to come back because they made a mistake on the schedule, and this happens quite ften.
Good Job Environment
Dishes, Catering (Former Employee) –  RichmondMay 12, 2015
Good people make up a good place to work and interact. I enjoyed the positive employees I worked around and the support presented.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
N/A
Diversity and Inclusion at work everyday
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Multifaceted facilities management company with many roles in many business environments from health care, manufacturing to campus services.
Pros
working in many enviorments
Cons
contracted work
Top 1OO company - with Top performers
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 26, 2014
Fantastic Consolidated Service Solutions Company whose Management team empowers its employees to be successful and productive- at home and at work.
Pros
top 100 company with advancement
Cons
sometimes volital service industry
For a camp, it's a great place to be.
kitchen helper-prep- (Former Employee) –  Mayo, YTDecember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working in the kitchen, and my boss was an awesome chef and had great taste in music. My co-workers were really nice people and I had no problems with anybody. Wish to be apart of this team again someday would be awesome, but to those looking for a great pay and meeting new people..this is the job for you.
Pros
free meals and room
Cons
12 hours a day for two weeks. two weeks off.
always a productive day at work
Multi-Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 19, 2015
a typical day at work would be setting and preparing meals for our patients at The Burnaby Mental Health and Addiction Centre. attending to patients needs. cleaning cultery.
Pros
seeing my coworkers everyday
Cons
my manager wasnt very friendly
great working experience with a variety of positions and times.
Warehouse organizer/ Incinerator/ shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BCJune 4, 2013
we would start with unloading pallets from freight trucks, to our warehouse with a forklift, then unloaded the products that was needed for each camp in sections, then bring it to the helicopter so it can be transported, then we would keep and inventory from the kitchen and communicate with the kitchen so we can resupply them, as well as the camp room attendance. some days we would alternate from shuttle bus driving, to removing waste in the incinerator. each day was different, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I learned a ton of responsibility in managing a camp, and maintaining equitable assistance. I enjoyed every aspect of the job, and the variety of experiences it had to offer.
Pros
being in camp with no distractions
Cons
i loved being in camp
a great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  CNRL FortMacmurryAugust 19, 2013
. trying to keep everything neat and tidy. i learned to work with many different groups of people and it was fun. management was great to work for.my coworkers were great,i got along very well with my coworkers.there was no hard part about this job i worked in two buildings.i would go out to help in other places if i was needed.the most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked for and the people i worked with.
Pros
the people i met
Cons
riding home on a bus
Productive and comfortable environment to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 20, 2013
I enjoy working for Sodexo as they listen to problems and make every effort to fix the problemd
Pros
friendly management
Cons
no advancement
Progressive Company with great vision and values
District Manager Corporate Services and IFM (Former Employee) –  Western Canada: AB, BC, MB, SKJanuary 8, 2015
I spent eight fantastic years working for Sodexo and truly enjoyed the experience, the opportunities and the professional development.
Pros
diverse, inclusive, proactive
Sodexo company is the best place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 21, 2012
i learned lots of good things ..how to be with people ,to work as a team.the management are great and fair to everybody. my co workers are very supportive in terms of everything... the hardest job that i encounter is to understand everybody .and to be patience .the most enjoyable part of my job when we do project time in summer were all happy and work together ....also i cant forget is our get together party every year.
Pros
potluck
Fast paced environment on a University campus.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 15, 2013
I would come into work first thing in the morning to smiley faces and good conversation. There was always rush times in between classes where a lot of students would come in for lunch and coffee. We were also right beside the gym and had a "Booster Juice" so a lot of the students would go there as well.
I worked at the Tim Hortons and Booster Juice and caught on very quickly how too keep up with it all and still get it right with a smile on my face. I was always nice to the customers no matter how they acted towards myself or another employee.
All in all it was an enjoyable work place and I also loved my co-workers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
grumpy university students.
great environment
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 18, 2014
i enjoy working with people and i met all sorts of people from cultures to religions and ethnicities. i had amazing view of the airport and had free food in the lounge
Pros
free food great view
Cons
heavy lifting and walking around
lots of work!
Bar/Catering manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 1, 2014
I enjoyed the opportunity to challenge my ability to manage and multi-task but I worked far too long and was being cheated on my over-time and days off.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work wherever I was called in for from being on grill to making pizza to dishroom
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONOctober 21, 2013
I enjoyed working for Sodexo I was at the Brock Universitie Food Services. I met alot of nice people. The problem was it was on-call basis only and would be that way for years. Many employees had been there 5 years and were still on-call. You could go weeks with no calls and the following week work 4 shifts but never knew where or if you were going to work until they called. That is why I left there when I got the job at Niagara College with less pay but regular hours.
Pros
pay was good. enjoyed working with public
Cons
on-call, not enough hours, never knew when or if working
Business Focus
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 15, 2013
Management and client focus. Able to relocate to other accounts.
Pros
able to relocate
Cons
Not very good no constructive work ethics
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCNovember 8, 2012
Run run run your always busy.they never hire enough house keepers.
The company was not very good but I learned a lot,I loved the job I picked up alot I learned how to clean hospital rooms,how to deal with people how to deal with conflicts between co workers and doctors and nurses
The hardest part of this job: dealing with the doctors and nurses and keeping up with their demands
I loved the interactions between me and the patient and the senior citizens in the long term care facilities
Pros
i learned how to interact with patients, doctors, nurses
Cons
not enough house keepers
High production and working with world wide chefs
cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day checking with the Executive Chef of the daily duties. Working and assisting the Celebrity Chef's since I knew my way around the kitchen, and gather their ingredients and assist them on the World Stage.
After I became the breakfast chef.
I was hired for the Paralympics also.
Pros
learning new skills from different chef's
Cons
the olympics ended.
You can learn alot about the business at this location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cantung Mine, NWTJune 9, 2014
Its been a very long ride learning the ropes, always someone to correct your way of doing things. Its up at 5am and down at 9pm every day for 28 days straight. I have recieved some much in the way of how to do things and the proper tools to accomplish it. I have really been apart of improving the ergonomics here at the this site. I have enjoyed every minute and will continue to try my best.