Sodexo
2,701 reviews

Sodexo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It would be nice to have TV in lunch room
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 17, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
I like working for Sodexo .
Serve with smile .
The management is very good.
They are very good ,we work as team .
I like to finish my work on time .
i enjoy serving the customers .
productive
Stock Person (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: salary is fair
Cons: day off
evening time is good for me the problems i have a weekdays day off...
was great, enjoyed working at that camp
Camp Attendant, Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Ekati Diamond Mine site, near Yellowknife, NWTAugust 21, 2012
I enjoyed working with the janitor and kitchen crew, would go back there if I can.
love to work with the public
Financial Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2012
Pros: it was in a hospital setting
Cons: i wish i had more training to learn the ropes
A typical day was to arrive at work, close the door and do all the payroll and accounting for the business. I learned a lot from this job especially since the lady that trained me did not speak much English and she was very pregnant so she was at the doctors most of the time. Much of the job was self taught. I was very busy so I did not get to know my co-workers as well as I would have like to.
Sodexo
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2012
Pros: all the people, as well as learning alot
Cons: the management
I was a cashier, handled lots of money. Very fast paced environment.
Also, was in a tim hortons working, also very fast paced. No stopping for 5 hours at a time. Hardest part of the job would be the management.
Productive and good work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Antigonish, NSJune 24, 2012
They are good people to work with. They try to work with you for flexible schedules and help train in different areas
Sodexo company is the best place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2012
Pros: potluck
i learned lots of good things ..how to be with people ,to work as a team.the management are great and fair to everybody. my co workers are very supportive in terms of everything... the hardest job that i encounter is to understand everybody .and to be patience .the most enjoyable part of my job when we do project time in summer were all happy and work together ....also i cant forget is our get together party every year.
Decisions take place behind doors
Facility Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2012
Cons: too much work load, no support from management, politics, decisions behind close doors, no career growth
I once heard a comment that "I'm being left alone by Sodexo in front of a herd of wolves". I guess this clearly defines their methodology and the way they deal with the situation. Less said is better.

Co workers are also not cooperative and are back biters, may be because they are saving their jobs by playing dirty games. I'm glad that I made a decision.

May 25, 2012

I was hired for a position that far exceeded my knowledge base because I was the "best candidate", I was told "you won't be left out there on an island...we will be there for you...we know we are throwing an unimagineable amount at you and we don't expect you to grasp it all right away". And there I was alone on my island. PS- they still owe me over $1000!

May 30, 2012

Thank you for seconding me. They also didn't give me my dues initially by saying that I'd consumed all of my vacations, however when I submitted proofs and did follow ups, they then realized it and had to pay them. This shows where their norms and ethical values are! For them it should be Ethics First.

Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/line cook (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2012
Sodexo is a fun place to work if you like to work with the public
fun to work with staff and friendly environment,
Accounts payable & Payroll Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2012
Pros: free teas & coffees
It was very good place to work ,staff and employees cooperate with each other and we worked in fun environment. Also all the managers were down to earth and very easy going.
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Dietary Aid (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: the politics
Fast paced working environment. Good health benefits and some good programs that are through the company. Not a very personable place to work though.
Arbetsmiljö
lokalvårdare (Former Employee), ABMay 23, 2015
Pros: bra ledning
Cons: arbetstid blir mindre
Det är bra företaget, men på grund av konkurensen från andra stora företaget , arbetsmiljö börja det bli dåligt.
environnement de travail agréable
Aide-cuisinière (Former Employee), Valcourt, QCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: repas gratuit
Cons: salaire peut élever
J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler en cuisine et relever les défit demander.
agréable
Cuisinière (Former Employee), québecAugust 27, 2014
Pros: loger- nourri
Cons: travailler 7 jour sur 7 pendant 28 jour
un travail exigent et très physique .on travail 10hrs par jour 7 sur 7 pendant 28 jour ; je devais faire la cuisine le ménage le rangement et tout pour que les travailleur ne manque de rien
Travail d équipe super
Cuisinière (Former Employee), st jean sur richelieuMarch 3, 2014
Pros: energie
Cons: avantages moin bon
Avec Sodexo l énergie d une équipe c est important.Mes taches etaient de cuisiner pour environ 150 personnes tous les jours et de diriger 3 employers.
sous traitant
Garde-manger (Former Employee), Longueuil, QCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: 40 par sur semaine
Cons: trop tot le matin
Je travaillais au siege social de Jean Coutu a Longueuil pour Sodexo . Cependant lorsque j'ai quitté pour un autre travail , la personne responsable de Jean Coutu est m'a approche pour que je reste a leur service , car il était tres satisfait de mes services par contre comme je suis tres exigeante avec mon service a la clientele je commençais a 5h le matin pour etre prete a l'arrivée de mes clients . Cependant, j'ai du refuser , car 5h chaque matin c'est tres difficile de faire une vie normale. Mais si le salaire aurait
( 11.00$ H. ) aurait été evalué selon mes compétences j'aurais repenser a la situation.
Bonne compagnie
Stagiaire, Ressources Humaines (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: l'ambiance de travail
Cons: il y en avait pas vraiment
Tout était correcr, j'ai beaucoup apprécié mon expérience. Surtout le fait d'être vraiment impliqué dans le recrutement, et l'aspect administratif.
Journée idéal
Adjointe administrative à la maintenance (Former Employee), MontréalAugust 23, 2013
Pros: aider
J'aime beaucoup aider les gens, leurs permettrent d'aller plus loin, leur apprendre à mieux se connaître, à se pardonner.
Travail varié et intéressant
Adjointe au VP de la division Bases-vie (Former Employee), MontrealMay 7, 2013
Pros: bon plan d'avantages sociaux
Cons: beaucoup de roulement de personnel, souvant un manque d'encadrement du personnel
Réviser les courriels et en donner suite selon leur priorité.
Recontrer mon supérieur, s'il était en ville, pour faire le point sur les affaires en cours.
Cueillir l'information pour la mise à jour des différents rapports.
Traiter un haut volume de réservations de voyage.
Préparer les comptes des dépenses de mon supérieur.
Organiser des événements: réunions à l'extérieur de la ville et voyages en groupe pour nos clients.
Dépouiller la correspondence de mon supérieur et donner suite ou lui en remettre selon le cas.
Très souvant, faire des recherches sur internet.
Lieu de travail
Aide Générale (Current Employee), Fermont, QCAugust 18, 2012
Pros: nous sommes très bien logés, nous sommes dans un hotel avec notre salle de bain
Ici , le travail d'équipe est bien. Le confort des employés est important.
Ils appliquent bien tout le nécessaire pour ne pas se blesser au travail.

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more