Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great employer
Assistant unit manager (Former Employee), Whitehorse, YT CanadaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: travel
been working for this company for over 6 years its been stable and secure, the people are great the culture is very diverse the benefits are great I get to enjoy life and work and make money steadily with a great work life balance
fast and productive workplace
Audio and Visual Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 30, 2014
A really great company to work for.
A really fast paced environment.
Long hours.
Uniforms are provided but you launder yourself!
First Cook (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: uniforms provided
Cons: launder yourself
Fun, musical, dancing to break the tension. Overall good camaraderie between co-workers.
Positive work environment with advancement potential!
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Fort McKay ABJune 10, 2014
Loved working with Sodexo! Went from Janitor to Shift Manager in 4 years..... Amazing and rewarding.
You can learn alot about the business at this location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cantung Mine, NWTJune 9, 2014
Its been a very long ride learning the ropes, always someone to correct your way of doing things. Its up at 5am and down at 9pm every day for 28 days straight. I have recieved some much in the way of how to do things and the proper tools to accomplish it. I have really been apart of improving the ergonomics here at the this site. I have enjoyed every minute and will continue to try my best.
Top 1OO company - with Top performers
Office Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: top 100 company with advancement
Cons: sometimes volital service industry
Fantastic Consolidated Service Solutions Company whose Management team empowers its employees to be successful and productive- at home and at work.
Great Company to work with
Office Administrator (Current Employee), TorontoMay 23, 2014
Pros: free food, great management
Cons: slow increements
Great Management, Free Food , Great coworkers.. Interesting atmosphere, benefits and vacation provided
lack of management leadership
Property Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 10, 2014
My job was interesting and challenging but Sodexho offered very little administrative support and absolutely no training.
lots of work!
Bar/Catering manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed the opportunity to challenge my ability to manage and multi-task but I worked far too long and was being cheated on my over-time and days off.
fun place to work fun staff everyone got along
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: lunches and dinners come off check
work is repetitive but enjoy it
learned to work fast but did a great job
Well maintained work place
Kitchen hand (Current Employee), PilbaraMarch 26, 2014
Pros: gym
Cons: not much social life
I love my job in the kitchen here on site, the people are freindly an everyone works well as a team. I really enjoy my days on site because there is always something for me to do which makes the day go fast. The hardest part of my job would be the first night on night shift but after that everything runs real smoothly.
I really enjoyed my experience working here,
Kitchen Staff / Conference Services (Former Employee), HalifaxMarch 19, 2014
This company was wonderful to work for i enjoyed every part of this job.
learning experience
Cleaner (Former Employee), Hamilton ONMarch 2, 2014
Cons: no job security
cleaned different parts of the hospital for a contractor

the hardest part of the job was not knowing how long i was going to have the job for

made new friends
na
First cook breakfast cook chef (Former Employee), Minto mine Yukon YTFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
why ? I don't think you need to know any of this thank you
it was a job
paid the bills
Very nice place ,
Lunch Room Attendant (Former Employee), Ekati Diamond Mine NWTFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: i got to discover a different cuture
Cons: poor management after our head manager took on another position
I loved it there. people very friendly I got to learn different cultures from around the globe. It was like being in a resort minus the warm weather. We had inside mini golf , racket ball, volley ball , the best of all gym equipment , really good food , awesome team leads ,great people , We could always go into tracess training lab to do free courses and yep I did lots . I became friends with the native people whom I worked with and they have become part of my family , I learned different things from them as well as other people from different countries
I truely loved the remote camp life , peace and quiet everyone was like family to me and treated me like I was one of their own. And that was the best feeling ever.
When I first started there we had a manager who was very nice but also very professional as well. He moved on in the company and left Ekati, Then Sodexo sent in other new management and Chef and then it went all down hill from there, Within a few months we was told that the catering and janitorial contract was being put back on tender . Well we knew right then that due to poor management that we would soon have no job. And this was the saddest day ever. If Sodexo would have kept the contract and not lost it , then I can honestly say that I would still be there working . People said to me when I was home on time off ,,How do I stand going to the North there's nothing there,,My response is yes there is more there than you can ever imagine, Would I go North again Yes I sure would . Yes it took me from home alot , But it was also like my home :>)
Good working atmoshpere and collective
cashier (Former Employee), Thunder BayFebruary 21, 2014
A perfect place for a full-time student of Confederation College. Flexible schedule and understanding management.

Worked with cash and at Tim Hortons.
Fast paced, customer-friendly service.
Supervisor and Barista (Former Employee), Ottawa, CanadaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
A typical day for me begins with opening the store, preparing daily duties such as opening and setting-up cash registers, brewing coffee, maintain cleanliness while serving customers. I have grown to learn a lot from my managers and partners, starting from friendship, the value of respecting one another and dedication. I enjoyed this job very much because I love working and dealing with people on a daily basis.
productive and past face workplace
Chef Cuisinier Asiatique (Former Employee), New CaledoniaFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free board, lodging and transportation
Cons: long hours
day to day work is base on menu cycle every month that's why i have learned a lot specially in food supervisory and management.
great experience on my co-workers and also to the management.
there's no hardest part on the job because it is always enjoyable when i'm working with my passion, especially in kitchen supervisory.
Productive and fun workplace
housekeeping (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: temp jobs
enjoying the company of the fellow co-workers and the customers that I will be engaging with. hardest part of the job would be knowing I didn't help someone in need. the best part of the job is knowing I am making a differences even if it is only a small difference.
High production and working with world wide chefs
cook (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: learning new skills from different chef's
Cons: the olympics ended.
A typical day checking with the Executive Chef of the daily duties. Working and assisting the Celebrity Chef's since I knew my way around the kitchen, and gather their ingredients and assist them on the World Stage.
After I became the breakfast chef.
I was hired for the Paralympics also.
Employees