Sodexo Employee Reviews

Team meetings everyday
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
Taught me to be a leader, Hard working, Mopped,dusted,sweeped, team player,cleaned different locations all the time.
worked with great staff
Conference Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  mississauga25 May 2015
long unappreciated hours spent to complete tasks and uncompensated for efforts. Management was not consistant with company policies.
Pros
lunch included
Cons
long hours, under staffed, lack of management
Temp. File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 February 2016
Good opportunities to advance, super nice people, helpful. Very professional. Good work hours, good pay. Lots to do. Good overall.
I try hard to maintain a positive attitude and smile
Housekeeping Associate (Current Employee) –  General site13 March 2013
I sign in and look to see what area I will be doing. I sign out my keys and go to my JC and set up my cart.
I learned to do things different ways from management and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job would be, coming into a messy cart that someone else left with a bucket of dirty water, and no supplies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have done a good job and people notice, it makes me feel good to know that I have given my best. As well, I enjoy interacting with people and like to help in anyway I can. I get along well with all of my co-workers and other hospital staff, as well as the general public.
Cons
very little hours, not that great a pay, scheduling issues for example: i show up for work and i'm not on the schedule, then i leave and their calling me to come back because they made a mistake on the schedule, and this happens quite ften.
productive and fun plus my benifits
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2016
even though im working too early in that days. I really enjoyed my job and also I love helping my customers. And further, my working hours is very convenient to my ad to my family
Productive days
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Ft.Mckay A.B5 October 2015
A typical day at work consisted of 11 hour nights of cleaning up office buildings on site. Driving around from building to building making sure everything is cleaned
Pros
free food, drinks and sleeping arrangements
Cons
Very diversified company that works hard to be all inclusive and accepting.
General Manager, Rainy River Project. (Former Employee) –  ON14 September 2015
Large large Global company. A very good company to work for. Strong values with includes very impressive diversification stats. Company lives it's values and these values are visable to employees.

Currently limited number of new projects which has resulted in limited opportunities for project staff.
Pros
Diversified company
Cons
Limited Project opportunities.
Good
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2016
one two three four five sixjskahdakjsdah askjdhaskjdhsakjdh asjkdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhasmdn ,n,samdnasdjsakdhsakjdhsakjdhaskdhj
Pros
jknjk
Cons
jkhkj
Remote location - mining camp, one road in and one road out. Very big adjustment compared to all other job assignments.
Camp Manager (Former Employee) –  outside Sicamous, B.C.2 November 2015
Job was a challenge. 300 minors, had to put 3 people in two rooms, by figuring out the rotations and ensuring no over rides. Managed 30 First Nations staff in kitchen and housekeeping. Responsible for inventory in kitchen and commissary.
Pros
Spent a lot of time and got tto be friends with co-workers
Cons
Long ways from home
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2014
My day at work was very enjoyable. It was very busy and time went by fast. My people skills got better getting to know all that worked there.

Management was great to work with.

My co-workers were awesome people. Was great to be able to work with a good group.

The hardest part of my job was the hours as I worked the night shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with so many different people and getting to know each person on a personal level.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
working the night shift
Top 1OO company - with Top performers
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 May 2014
Fantastic Consolidated Service Solutions Company whose Management team empowers its employees to be successful and productive- at home and at work.
Pros
Top 100 Company with advancement
Cons
Sometimes volital service industry
was a fun workplace table tennis darts and pool table.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  minto mine site yukon canada30 April 2015
A typical day at work liked the busyness, made your day fly by. I learned a lot about team work, and how to be used to isolation working in camps, i never had problems in that department. Co workers are just like a family treat people with respect and thts what u get in return, but you always end up working with the unreliable types and unruley types thats life. Hard part of the job is no privacy, enjoyable part of the job is making new friends etc you cant name all the things. Was a fun workplace
Pros
bills at home are really low so is food cost
Cons
nowhere to go and blow off steam when in a mood.
Ok
Audio Visual Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 October 2015
Need more contact with employees, on day to day basis. Always required to put out fires. No working budget due to poor management.
Pros
Lunch Provided
Cons
No Respect
Impossible Demands, Constant Criticism, Counterproductive Equipment
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 November 2015
No matter how hard you try, there will be ongoing criticism from multiple contradicting sources. That said, the ongoing criticism is one of the only indicators of the actual job description. Because of the multiple parties that are making demands, the workload is impossible to complete. Equipment falls apart when you try to use it; when you bring this to their attention, it will be locked out for a week and then returned to you in the same condition with a statement that it is "fixed". Whether you have the equipment or not, you will be hindered in accomplishing the task that that type of equipment is required for. You will then be publicly humiliated on their Wall of Shame which posts weekly audits and a white board that announces shortcomings for all to see. There is also the constant threat of being fired if there are too many "complaints" from one of the sources of your workload.

I have witnessed a worker who was BADLY and permanently injured ON THE JOB, being aggressively treated by assistant management, in front of an audience, as though she were practically a criminal. She is supposed to be receiving assistance to do her "modified" workload; but instead was put working alone in the busiest area of the facility. She has to work through her breaks and stay late (without pay) to get it done, and is in excruciating pain.

Assistant management is aggressive, power hungry, domineering, hypercritical, vindictive, uncompassionate and has no management skills whatsoever. Management put her in that position, because he felt she had potential. Management seems completely
  more... oblivious to any of the issues and can't understand why there is such a high turnover rate. It was actually implied to me that I would have difficulty finding things to do. Management believes the Wall of Shame inspires "healthy competition". All it does is discourage a group of already burnt out workers.

Then you will receive your paycheque which will not be enough to live on. It is usually as close as possible to minimum wage.
Pros
The work team is a group of very nice hardworking people
Cons
Impossible workload, constant criticism and threat of termination, assistant management bully, wage
great working experience with a variety of positions and times.
Warehouse organizer/ Incinerator/ shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BC4 June 2013
we would start with unloading pallets from freight trucks, to our warehouse with a forklift, then unloaded the products that was needed for each camp in sections, then bring it to the helicopter so it can be transported, then we would keep and inventory from the kitchen and communicate with the kitchen so we can resupply them, as well as the camp room attendance. some days we would alternate from shuttle bus driving, to removing waste in the incinerator. each day was different, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I learned a ton of responsibility in managing a camp, and maintaining equitable assistance. I enjoyed every aspect of the job, and the variety of experiences it had to offer.
Pros
being in camp with no distractions
Cons
i loved being in camp
easy going place. lots of things to do.
Primary Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON14 November 2014
When I worked at the store It was a lot of fun as I only had one boss and he would just let me do my own thing. But when I had a question my boss was always willing to give me a helping hand to make sure that I understood. The bosses that I had are great to work for because they were always willing to teach me everything there was to know about the store. from the ordering to the stocking of the store.
The hardest part of the job really didn't have anything to do with the work. It had a lot to do with the fact that you are away from home.
But on the same since the best part of the job was that I got to meet a lot of different kind of people.
Pros
All your food and logdeing were free
Cons
Being away from family
a great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  CNRL FortMacmurry19 August 2013
. trying to keep everything neat and tidy. i learned to work with many different groups of people and it was fun. management was great to work for.my coworkers were great,i got along very well with my coworkers.there was no hard part about this job i worked in two buildings.i would go out to help in other places if i was needed.the most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked for and the people i worked with.
Pros
the people i met
Cons
riding home on a bus
the people where very nice when l work there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 December 2015
clean of different room in ST Mary Nursing Home of cleaning rooms and the people that live there were very nice they would say good morning when l when in to clean where they live
Productive and comfortable environment to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 August 2013
I enjoy working for Sodexo as they listen to problems and make every effort to fix the problemd
Pros
friendly management
Cons
no advancement
Fast paced, busy yet fun job.
Receptionist for Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Mississauga, ON.19 January 2015
Learned something new almost every single day of work.
Challenged my multi-tasking and time management skills and bettered it all the time.
Acquired strong product knowledge.
Always kept Client interest above everything for which a great deal of appreciation was received.
Pros
Always met new people, and workplace was just an 8 minute drive from home.
Cons
The management provided very little or no support at all.