Sodexo
1,622 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A typical day at work.
Marketing Coordinator (Internship) (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2014
Adhere to company culture, working hard and maintaining a positive attitude, and meeting project deadlines.

Interact with all company personals, and seek solutions or supervision from my supervisors and managers.

Helping the customer and getting the job done as required or beyond expectations is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Laundry Attendant
Laundry (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2014
Pros: receiving certificates or recommendations for accomplishments.
Cons: sometimes short work hours.
A typical work day is being productive in processing as many laundry materials as possible. I learn how to operate several types of machines. Management requires me to be productive and produce a high percentage in my work load. I get along well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being productive when the machine is having malfunctions. – more... The enjoyable part of the job is that, its very challenging trying to get the most of production of work in the work shift. – less
Good working enviroment
Director Of Resident Dining (Current Employee), Montclair, NJApril 2, 2014
Good Working enviroment with positive work life balance. High volumne campus with 12 retail outlets.
Why only British national
Security officer (Current Employee), EpsomApril 2, 2014
I saw a security officer job vacancy on indeed website and Sodexo is asking only british national to apply. It's just rubbish. They should give the chance to everyone who are authorised to work in this country.
Very self reliable
Cashier/Janitor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 1, 2014
It is not an upbeat involved company. Good job security. You work by yourself a lot of the time.
working is knowledge
Area In charge Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNApril 1, 2014
Learned many technical knowledge about my designation & work i do
Good for temporary, not for long term
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee), Arkadelphia, ARMarch 31, 2014
Pros: breaks, clear communication
Cons: lack of hours
The company as a whole, I don't know about. The only thing I really do know is that the management where I worked was mostly good, but not always.
Productive enjoyed my co-workers and customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 31, 2014
setting up dining room, counting drawer down, cashiering. Enjoyed my co-workers and customers.
Management and co-workers make the place a very fun place to work.
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSMarch 30, 2014
A lot of the work includes setting up dinners with a lot of tedious work, and once it starts the day goes by pretty quick. Everyone jokes around and being with mostly college students makes it a pretty comfortable place to be.
Great work environment with adequate training and feedback offered.
Catering Server (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: insufficient hours
Plan and set up events according to clients' requirements under the stewardship of experienced team captains and catering management.
Acquired organizational skills for executing catering during events ranging from VIP to simple set ups, both large (over 400) and small number of customers.
Experienced management focused on employee welfare. Great working – more... team with diverse backgrounds and cohesive efforts in executing tasks.
Dexterity in dealing with difficult clientele matched by satisfaction in executing successfully navigating the challenging and fluid environment of catering events, with arising needs or unforeseen while running an event. – less
Good staff
deployed at NET APP as Sr. Supervisor (Current Employee), EjipuraMarch 29, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: i have to travel a long distance from home to work place
All is good, grate experience to work. Managers wear good co Operative, and the staff too
in over their head
Trained Site Services Slurry Technician (Former Employee), swiftwater, paMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management
sodexo should stick to kitchen type work. they try to take over a companies departments and run them their way. Not the way the company culture is.
safe and good working envirnment
Soft Service supervisor (Current Employee), Doha, DAWMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, accomdation, transport and laundry
We are working sodexo, give providing the facility to one of world biggest oil and gas company.
Reputable company with competitive pay
❸ Catering Chef (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: respected as the elite chefs on campus
Cons: nature of work schedule contingent upon events stifling work/life balance
High volume and large scale catering operation with small staff. The weight of labor responsibility compared to the pay was uneven. I often would have to work very long and hard hours with little to no rest. There were many times where overtime was a regular occurrence. I learned extensive organization and quantity food production techniques. I really – more... valued what I learned here, but found there was not much advancement opportunity to which I feel I deserved and applied for. – less
Busy work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee), StaffordMarch 24, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: unpredctable hours
Retail work is generally always busy, theres always something to keep you busy.
Management are understanding to my needs.
My co-workers are hard working and a fun bunch to work with.
The hardest part of this job are the hours.
I enjoy being able to interact with customers on a day to day basis.
great college job
Student Manager (Former Employee), Morris, MNMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
My hours fit well with my college classes. management was always changing. hard work but fun as well.
Productive work enviroment
Server/Cashier (Current Employee), Fulton, MSMarch 22, 2014
Help prepare food. Help serve food to students in a friendly manner.
Count cash drawer and balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the students. My job requires a lot of multitasking.
Poisonous Work Environment
Student Housing (Former Employee), Davis, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: you aren't unemployed. they feed you (sort of.)
Cons: a dead-end career move in every sense.
Management refuses to make needed changes to software and hardware. Macho work atmosphere promotes working while sick, never taking time off, working frantically to complete busy-work created by inefficient and antiquated workflow.

Company economizes by underpaying workers. Minimal training, no goal-setting or feedback, no communication.
Mail Room Manager
Mailroom Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: interacting more with the customers.
Cons: being a small contract there was not a lot of wiggle room for raises in the budget.
Started out as a mail clerk. Delivering mail to the route I was assigned twice a day. Learned how to sort the mail by knowing where the 3,000 employees were located at the research center and the refinery. Was taught how to weigh a package and put the correct amount of postage on any package. In the after noon we would prepared the packages that needed – more... to be sent out over night to various locations. My manager was the best boss I have ever had.
The hardest part of my job was pleasing everyone at the same time. I worked with some of the meanest people but learning to over come what everyone thought about be. When I got promoted to assistant manager it did not sit well with everyone. I was going to school and getting my degree. When we won the contract to take over the Refinery, I was promoted to manager. I learned the names and locations of 3800 more people and ran the mail room the was i was taught for over 10 years. – less
Student Worker (Former Employee), Macomb, ILMarch 21, 2014
I love that we was able to listen to music and serve the students. We also interacted with the students on a everyday base so when I seen them while I was at work it helped me connect with them even more.

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more