Sodexo
1,892 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It would be nice to have TV in lunch room
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 17, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
I like working for Sodexo .
Serve with smile .
The management is very good.
They are very good ,we work as team .
I like to finish my work on time .
i enjoy serving the customers .
productive
Stock Person (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: salary is fair
Cons: day off
evening time is good for me the problems i have a weekdays day off...
was great, enjoyed working at that camp
Camp Attendant, Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Ekati Diamond Mine site, near Yellowknife, NWTAugust 21, 2012
I enjoyed working with the janitor and kitchen crew, would go back there if I can.
love to work with the public
Financial Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2012
Pros: it was in a hospital setting
Cons: i wish i had more training to learn the ropes
A typical day was to arrive at work, close the door and do all the payroll and accounting for the business. I learned a lot from this job especially since the lady that trained me did not speak much English and she was very pregnant so she was at the doctors most of the time. Much of the job was self taught. I was very busy so I did not get to know – more... my co-workers as well as I would have like to. – less
Sodexo
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2012
Pros: all the people, as well as learning alot
Cons: the management
I was a cashier, handled lots of money. Very fast paced environment.
Also, was in a tim hortons working, also very fast paced. No stopping for 5 hours at a time. Hardest part of the job would be the management.
Productive and good work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Antigonish, NSJune 24, 2012
They are good people to work with. They try to work with you for flexible schedules and help train in different areas
Sodexo company is the best place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2012
Pros: potluck
i learned lots of good things ..how to be with people ,to work as a team.the management are great and fair to everybody. my co workers are very supportive in terms of everything... the hardest job that i encounter is to understand everybody .and to be patience .the most enjoyable part of my job when we do project time in summer were all happy and work – more... together ....also i cant forget is our get together party every year. – less
Decisions take place behind doors
Facility Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2012
Cons: too much work load, no support from management, politics, decisions behind close doors, no career growth
I once heard a comment that "I'm being left alone by Sodexo in front of a herd of wolves". I guess this clearly defines their methodology and the way they deal with the situation. Less said is better.

Co workers are also not cooperative and are back biters, may be because they are saving their jobs by playing dirty games. I'm glad that I made a decision.

IslandOfOne – May 25, 2012

I was hired for a position that far exceeded my knowledge base because I was the "best candidate", I was told "you won't be left out there on an island...we will be there for you...we know we are throwing an unimagineable amount at you and we don't expect you to grasp it all right away". And there I was alone on my island. PS- they still owe me over $1000!

EthicsFirst – May 30, 2012

Thank you for seconding me. They also didn't give me my dues initially by saying that I'd consumed all of my vacations, however when I submitted proofs and did follow ups, they then realized it and had to pay them. This shows where their norms and ethical values are! For them it should be Ethics First.

Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/line cook (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2012
Sodexo is a fun place to work if you like to work with the public
fun to work with staff and friendly environment,
Accounts payable & Payroll Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2012
Pros: free teas & coffees
It was very good place to work ,staff and employees cooperate with each other and we worked in fun environment. Also all the managers were down to earth and very easy going.
Sodexo were a good company to work for.
Mail Provider / Postal Assistant (Former Employee), GosforthJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free sandwich provide sodexo staff only.
Cons: 37
I have been work for Sodexo over 1 years which I almost very busy person and the transport and mail collection.
Productive and good work environment
Cleaner (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGJuly 30, 2014
Everyday would require us to use a rotor to see what daily tasks would be done, ranging from bin emptying to dusting, I learnt all the skills to clean an office. My co-workers were all brilliant to work with and one of the things I have to say was hard was the fact some office workers would still be there so that would make cleaning tough.
productive and fun work place
Chef/Steward (Former Employee), aberdeenJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: being away from home
sodexo was a busy catering company. i was working on oil rigs with sodexo
Ideal workplace for busy students
Head Chef's Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara University, New YorkJuly 29, 2014
Sodexo was fantastic and worked well around my busy student schedule. Management was very understandable if I had to attend meetings with groups or go off campus for my volunteer coaching.
Fun and enjoyable
Cleaner (Former Employee), Plymouth, ENGJuly 29, 2014
My days were always different as I was doing different roles such as cleaner, coffee shop staff or giving meals to patients. The staff and patients were so friendly and I always had fun in work.
High Intense work environment
Food service worker (Current Employee), Mankato, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: access to meals
Cons: rude clientelle
Sodexo provides an intense working environment, with top level management skill. It is also very diverse, incorporating varies nationalities in its work force. Sodexo aided me in developing my multitasking skills. The best thing about working with sodexo is that one gets to indulge in all kinds of delectable cuisine.
A wonderful company to work for.
Sodexo hourly PT employee (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: all positive
Cons: leaving the company.
In my fifteen years of service to Sodexo USA, I accomplished my professional objectives. As a manager, the administration gave a full responsibility to manage your account operational and administrative. You own your place of work. Training and professional development was 100 % supported and given to a manager. As one of my District Managers said to – more... me: "This is your baby" no more no less. This is one of the company that Forbes has included in the Forbes' list as a great company to work for. In the top ten of the list. The hardest part of my job was to be always happy doing my job. What I learned? To be considerer as an exclusive member of a company as it was with the rest of the thousand of employees working for Sodexo. The culture created by the owner of the company, Monsieur Pierre Ballon, has been the core and the foundation of the employees loyalty to Sodexo. – less
eating recovery center
Chef (Former Employee), DenverJuly 26, 2014
fast paced work place but not a place i could see myself working long term
Sodexo Takes Care of Its People
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 25, 2014
Sodexo is an employee first company that provides extraordinary support and development for its teams.
different than any other job i had
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: didnt know if you were going to get lunch
long hours people didnt show up others had to pick up the slack without warning some good team members others not so good

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more