Sodexo
2,613 reviews

Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
We have pool tables theatre room and gym baseball field alot of good things to enjoy yourself great room also.
C-Store attendant and cashier (Current Employee), Smoky Falls, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: everything is free here
Cons: long hours but no problem
My day here at work is always a good i enjoy being around people i always have a smile. I even have workers calling me smily. I do see how management have a lot on their plates to make this job successful. My co-workers are great to work with. My hardest part of my work is well i don't really have an answer for that one for me its not very hard. The most enjoyable part is learning new things everyday and making sure our workers are served well and happy.
A safe place to eat
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJuly 9, 2013
Pros: free lunchs; learn how to make simple food as pizza and sandwich
Cons: not much space for promotion
My major job covers a variety of activities, such as customer services, inventory management and kitchen assistant. Usually in the morning I will check if there is enough stock for Easy to Go Food and decide how many to make. For lunch time, I will serve the Chef Table. Sometimes if i work for the evening time, I am in charging of cleaning up and putting away the food.

I enjoy greeting the customer most although it is not as relaxing as working in the kitchen. Customers' smiles make me feel my job is rewarding.
great working experience with a variety of positions and times.
Warehouse organizer/ Incinerator/ shuttle driver (Former Employee), Dease Lake, BCJune 4, 2013
Pros: being in camp with no distractions
Cons: i loved being in camp
we would start with unloading pallets from freight trucks, to our warehouse with a forklift, then unloaded the products that was needed for each camp in sections, then bring it to the helicopter so it can be transported, then we would keep and inventory from the kitchen and communicate with the kitchen so we can resupply them, as well as the camp room attendance. some days we would alternate from shuttle bus driving, to removing waste in the incinerator. each day was different, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I learned a ton of responsibility in managing a camp, and maintaining equitable assistance. I enjoyed every aspect of the job, and the variety of experiences it had to offer.
A fun place to work with different people.
Janitor (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMay 14, 2013
Working together with others can be very nice and entertaining.
Business Focus
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), TorontoApril 15, 2013
Pros: able to relocate
Cons: long hours
Management and client focus. Able to relocate to other accounts.
they don't care about the people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 13, 2013
Pros: .
Cons: pay is ok, but not good enough for the amount of work. not full time. no benefits. overall, 2 thumbs down.
Sodexo is a huge company and the focus is on making money. They get by on as few staff as possible, then get mad when everything isn't perfect! the work load is not reasonable, and even management doesn't try to deny this. when you complain about being overworked they tell you "I know you can't do everything, so you need to prioritize". then when everything isn't done you get written up! I worked in a hospital in housekeeping, and with this company and their values in place I hope i never get sick.
its a living
lead janitor (Current Employee), Whitehorse, YTFebruary 22, 2013
not a bad place to work in general high turnover here constant management changes/staff turnover
Work place experience
Baker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2013
I think that Sodexo is a great company, that gives individuals a chance to fullfill there dreams.
I enjoy my job.
Cook (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Everyday I prepare meals for up to 800 students. I also work in the catering department and I prepare gourmet meals, hors d'oeuvres, and even prepare small services, such as sandwich platters, veggie, fruit and cheese platters. I like my job very much. I love cooking.
good work place
3rd cook (Current Employee), bisset mbJanuary 5, 2013
i would like to get some expierence in the minning industry hopefully in bisset mb
A world class company
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2012
A great company that strives to meet client needs at all cost.
housekeeping at the hospital
House Keeper (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, BCDecember 3, 2012
Pros: being able to make people feel comfortable and seeing them happy
Cons: long commute
A typical day at my job involves alot of cleaning and busy atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is the commute back and forth from abbotsford to maple ridge. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people and make them feel comfortable
Food Stand Supervisor
SUPERVISOR, FOOD STAND (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 19, 2012
I would supervise employees with procedures and safe food handling practises.
Provide training if needed.
Responsible for inventory, paperwork, counting registers and deposits at close.
If needed perform cashier functions
various positions
Retail Catering Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not appericated
Catering, supervisor, food safe, menu planning, customer service, invoicing, ordering daily.
Have much time to know people
cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ON airportNovember 7, 2012
Excellent company. and friendly people.

workplace pleasant all the days. I learned that my capacity of grow inside the company so much showing my work..

What better enjoyed working in company was knowing people.
It was a wonderful job to have.
Cleaner (Former Employee), OttawaOctober 25, 2012
I loved it. It payed well. We had benefits. It was fast paced. Witch I loved.
It would be nice to have TV in lunch room
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 17, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
I like working for Sodexo .
Serve with smile .
The management is very good.
They are very good ,we work as team .
I like to finish my work on time .
i enjoy serving the customers .
productive
Stock Person (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: salary is fair
Cons: day off
evening time is good for me the problems i have a weekdays day off...
was great, enjoyed working at that camp
Camp Attendant, Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Ekati Diamond Mine site, near Yellowknife, NWTAugust 21, 2012
I enjoyed working with the janitor and kitchen crew, would go back there if I can.
love to work with the public
Financial Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2012
Pros: it was in a hospital setting
Cons: i wish i had more training to learn the ropes
A typical day was to arrive at work, close the door and do all the payroll and accounting for the business. I learned a lot from this job especially since the lady that trained me did not speak much English and she was very pregnant so she was at the doctors most of the time. Much of the job was self taught. I was very busy so I did not get to know my co-workers as well as I would have like to.

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more