Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

Oversee construction and Day to Day facility operations for eastern Canada
REGIONAL OPERATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MontrealJuly 25, 2013
I made a bad career move this company has no vision nor mission they do not have the correct people managers in place.

The Operation Director and VP's are food people and do not understand the facility management side of the business that they are trying to acquire.

Unfortunate that they do not see this problem.
Pros
no one to oversee you work they do not understand the business
Cons
left on your own to solve issues example: long hours
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCFebruary 28, 2012
Fast paced working environment. Good health benefits and some good programs that are through the company. Not a very personable place to work though.
Pros
the co-workers
Cons
the politics
A Tremendous Company to Work For
Senior Financial Analyst/Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2012
Sodexo is a culturally diverse and responsible corporate citizen that places great emphasis on its employees. Significant efforts are directed towards employee training, development and extensive commitments are made towards maintaing a healthy and productive work life balance.
Pros
great management, training and support programs for employees
Cons
limited advancement opportunities in certain areas
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONJuly 31, 2015
loved it but it was hard work and the management was friendly and i learn a lot of things met a lot of great people and I gain alot of confidence and became a better leader
Pros
free lunch and free go bus
Cons
long nights
very busy fast-paced workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 1, 2015
a very busy and fast-paced environment, best to keep up with work and time or else you'll get behind your schedule. management is ok. some co workers are ok, they help you especially when you are new to job.
Sodexo
General Manager Fionn McCool's (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2015

One of the biggest catering company in the world

Lots of potential for growth

Learned about Prime Pubs restaurant operations
Pros
free food
Cons
working at Sodexo - an "ok" stepping stone...
manager (Former Employee) –  Sodexo CanadaJune 18, 2012
The day-to-day folks that you work with are great and the teamwork atmosphere is encouraged.

Employees are supported in the Company’s ongoing charity efforts towards the "Stop Hunger" foundation - employees can freely give of their work time to help out.

Work/life balance is almost non-existent and senior managers seem very disconnected from the day-to-day demands of the roles.

Support departments are very understaffed and the leadership team is perceived as being driven by business growth only.

When the status quo is professionally challenged, employees are made to feel that their concerns are not heard.

Favoritism and cliques abound...
Pros
stop hunger foundation work, great team-members, potential for global transfers
Cons
long hours, less than competitve pay for non-senior staff, culture slow to change
working for sodexo is a nice enviorment to work in and lets you see all the oppertunities you can go for if you finish school and apply yourself.
Housekeeping for all LHSC Hospitals (Current Employee) –  LONDON, ONTSeptember 26, 2012
my typical day at work would be go in to sign in find out what area i was going to clean, grab my dust mop, wet mop and rags, head off to set up my cart then go to my area to thorough clean my area.
Working in a hospital I learned it is very important you do your job right and to make sure you clean every major touch point people would touch to take away the bacteria or infection people have left behind.
managment is poorly done for this sodexo company, managment really does nothing but help the people they are friends with, so pretty much if your not friends with the supervisors your on your own. like for instence i would ask how to clean a room that had to be cleaned a certain way with special chemicals and the supervisors didnt even know how to do it.
My co-workers are a joke, everyone likes to talk about everyone elses business and dont mind their own, they all need to grow up and live their own lives!
The hardest part of the job would be getting an area to clean that is way to big for the amount of time you are given, so to get it all done you would ave to rush through it all and sometimes forget to do certain things but not even notice it.
The most enjoyable part about working for sodexo is they pay and the benefits, meeting new people and seeing all the job oppertunities you can have if you apply yourself to it!
Pros
a nice calm working place
Cons
to big of areas to clean in amount of time given
productive
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
evening time is good for me the problems i have a weekdays day off...
Pros
salary is fair
Cons
day off
We have pool tables theatre room and gym baseball field alot of good things to enjoy yourself great room also.
C-Store attendant and cashier (Current Employee) –  Smoky Falls, ONAugust 18, 2013
My day here at work is always a good i enjoy being around people i always have a smile. I even have workers calling me smily. I do see how management have a lot on their plates to make this job successful. My co-workers are great to work with. My hardest part of my work is well i don't really have an answer for that one for me its not very hard. The most enjoyable part is learning new things everyday and making sure our workers are served well and happy.
Pros
everything is free here
Cons
long hours but no problem
was a fun workplace table tennis darts and pool table.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  minto mine site yukon canadaApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work liked the busyness, made your day fly by. I learned a lot about team work, and how to be used to isolation working in camps, i never had problems in that department. Co workers are just like a family treat people with respect and thts what u get in return, but you always end up working with the unreliable types and unruley types thats life. Hard part of the job is no privacy, enjoyable part of the job is making new friends etc you cant name all the things. Was a fun workplace
Pros
bills at home are really low so is food cost
Cons
nowhere to go and blow off steam when in a mood.
Decisions take place behind doors
Facility Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2012
I once heard a comment that "I'm being left alone by Sodexo in front of a herd of wolves". I guess this clearly defines their methodology and the way they deal with the situation. Less said is better.

Co workers are also not cooperative and are back biters, may be because they are saving their jobs by playing dirty games. I'm glad that I made a decision.
Cons
too much work load, no support from management, politics, decisions behind close doors, no career growth
It was a wonderful job to have.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  OttawaOctober 25, 2012
I loved it. It payed well. We had benefits. It was fast paced. Witch I loved.
A safe place to eat
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 9, 2013
My major job covers a variety of activities, such as customer services, inventory management and kitchen assistant. Usually in the morning I will check if there is enough stock for Easy to Go Food and decide how many to make. For lunch time, I will serve the Chef Table. Sometimes if i work for the evening time, I am in charging of cleaning up and putting away the food.

I enjoy greeting the customer most although it is not as relaxing as working in the kitchen. Customers' smiles make me feel my job is rewarding.
Pros
free lunchs; learn how to make simple food as pizza and sandwich
Cons
not much space for promotion
productive and past face workplace
Chef Cuisinier Asiatique (Former Employee) –  New CaledoniaFebruary 2, 2014
day to day work is base on menu cycle every month that's why i have learned a lot specially in food supervisory and management.
great experience on my co-workers and also to the management.
there's no hardest part on the job because it is always enjoyable when i'm working with my passion, especially in kitchen supervisory.
Pros
free board, lodging and transportation
Great Time
Cafe Supervisor/ Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2015
Honestly, had a wonderful time working with them! can easily say that they are well aware of what needs to get done and how it needs to be done.
Worked in a factory cafeteria
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 19, 2014
I've had the ability to learn and expand my self, which I took the initiative to do.

Sodexo is a global matrix company, many things get lost in the cracks and go unnoticed or maybe people notice, but do not care. A person in a management position should be a true leader, and unfortunately this is not always the case. I don't feel that people try their hardest because it is easy to hide in such a large company. I enjoy my job butt the Chef makes it hard to come to work sometimes. I get frustrated because I see other people doing the bare minimum and getting by with not repercussions

They need to have a better control over staff members breaks Smokers seem to get 3X more breaks then the employees that do not smoke.
Pros
variety. everyday provides a new challenge.
Cons
wages need to be improved
After hours activities provided such as fitness center and games room
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 5, 2015
Fast paced environment and I enjoy that aspect of my job. Even though it's repetitive there are enjoyable diversions such as meeting and talking with the clients. My co-workers and I together with management work together. The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
A very friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Sodexo Company (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 3, 2015
The co-workers were so easy to work with. They were willing to assist me in situations I could not handle alone. Everyone was encouraging. We all had breaks together and there were lots of humorous co-workers. The boss was very patient and cheerful.
Pros
It was such a nice schedule to balnce with my life
Cons
The boss passed away
nice co-workers, and nice Seniors
Marquise, Housekeeper/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  KelownaJuly 15, 2015
Nice Seniors, Co-Workers, and Care Aides. The work load was good,good supply cleaning products. The best part of the job was the seniors living there.
Pros
residents