Sodexo
1,965 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It would be nice to have TV in lunch room
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 17, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
I like working for Sodexo .
Serve with smile .
The management is very good.
They are very good ,we work as team .
I like to finish my work on time .
i enjoy serving the customers .
productive
Stock Person (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: salary is fair
Cons: day off
evening time is good for me the problems i have a weekdays day off...
was great, enjoyed working at that camp
Camp Attendant, Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Ekati Diamond Mine site, near Yellowknife, NWTAugust 21, 2012
I enjoyed working with the janitor and kitchen crew, would go back there if I can.
love to work with the public
Financial Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2012
Pros: it was in a hospital setting
Cons: i wish i had more training to learn the ropes
A typical day was to arrive at work, close the door and do all the payroll and accounting for the business. I learned a lot from this job especially since the lady that trained me did not speak much English and she was very pregnant so she was at the doctors most of the time. Much of the job was self taught. I was very busy so I did not get to know – more... my co-workers as well as I would have like to. – less
Sodexo
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2012
Pros: all the people, as well as learning alot
Cons: the management
I was a cashier, handled lots of money. Very fast paced environment.
Also, was in a tim hortons working, also very fast paced. No stopping for 5 hours at a time. Hardest part of the job would be the management.
Productive and good work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Antigonish, NSJune 24, 2012
They are good people to work with. They try to work with you for flexible schedules and help train in different areas
Sodexo company is the best place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2012
Pros: potluck
i learned lots of good things ..how to be with people ,to work as a team.the management are great and fair to everybody. my co workers are very supportive in terms of everything... the hardest job that i encounter is to understand everybody .and to be patience .the most enjoyable part of my job when we do project time in summer were all happy and work – more... together ....also i cant forget is our get together party every year. – less
Decisions take place behind doors
Facility Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2012
Cons: too much work load, no support from management, politics, decisions behind close doors, no career growth
I once heard a comment that "I'm being left alone by Sodexo in front of a herd of wolves". I guess this clearly defines their methodology and the way they deal with the situation. Less said is better.

Co workers are also not cooperative and are back biters, may be because they are saving their jobs by playing dirty games. I'm glad that I made a decision.

May 25, 2012

I was hired for a position that far exceeded my knowledge base because I was the "best candidate", I was told "you won't be left out there on an island...we will be there for you...we know we are throwing an unimagineable amount at you and we don't expect you to grasp it all right away". And there I was alone on my island. PS- they still owe me over $1000!

May 30, 2012

Thank you for seconding me. They also didn't give me my dues initially by saying that I'd consumed all of my vacations, however when I submitted proofs and did follow ups, they then realized it and had to pay them. This shows where their norms and ethical values are! For them it should be Ethics First.

Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/line cook (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2012
Sodexo is a fun place to work if you like to work with the public
fun to work with staff and friendly environment,
Accounts payable & Payroll Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2012
Pros: free teas & coffees
It was very good place to work ,staff and employees cooperate with each other and we worked in fun environment. Also all the managers were down to earth and very easy going.
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Dietary Aid (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: the politics
Fast paced working environment. Good health benefits and some good programs that are through the company. Not a very personable place to work though.
Good job
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee), Catterick Garrison, ENGAugust 31, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: bad management
roles include general cleaning of kitchen equipment
Ovens, fridges, walls and floor
fun family oriented
Cashier (Former Employee), evansville, inAugust 30, 2014
Pros: all my coworkers were like family
Cons: no change for part time
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was almost like a small town business. You knew everybody that came in and who you worked with. When a new person showed up it only took a couple times before you knew them too! The only con is part-timers received no type of advancement even if you had been there for years.
dishwasher
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 29, 2014
Pros: half hour for lunch
Cons: sometimes we never got our lunch break
would i ever work in a environment like this again. if they changed some of the staff members i would say yes
Seasonal Employment
Lead Cook (Current Employee), Evansville, INAugust 29, 2014
Advancement is very hard to obtain. This job is seasonal with long periods of no work/pay.
Fast pace Cooking and Serving over 400 Students daily
International Chef (Current Employee), International Chefs table and KitchenAugust 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new poeple
Cons: not a yearly job
A fun job. Don't like being laid off for 3 months during summer vacation.
Great Company
Operations Manger / 32 dining facilities (Current Employee), Beaufort, SCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: corporation so large people get lost
Great company with wonderful benefits. They are growing and cover a great deal of the globe.
fun exciting
Sous chef (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 23, 2014
There were not enough hours to go around. I had to find new employment.
Very difficult to meet job demands. Complete accountability placed on Director and not Sodexo team.
General Manager (Current Employee), MidwestAugust 23, 2014
Pros: extensive list of very good education and support systems.
Cons: no time to take advantage of educational tools and support systems.
The Economy, Healthcare Reform, the Culture, and the competitiveness of the industry has negatively impacted the quality of contractual services offered to clients. The focus does not appear to be what is best for the customer.
Great Job
Cabaret Cook (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Anything you would ever want in a job, many opportunities to get promoted and move positions

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more