Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place to work! Great Staff & Team
Residence Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 9, 2015
Great energy and an amazing place to work! Good starting pay and exceptional benefits. Sodexo - Lakehead University take care of their staff & faculty
sodexo is good place to work
dishwasher/food prep (Current Employee) –  kingston, ontarioFebruary 26, 2015
sodexo is a good place to work for someone who only needs a few hours here and there, maybe a hobby job, rather than a job they rely on to pay the bills. I love my job at Queens, with Sodexo but my hours aren't paying my bills, the fellow employees and employers are all amazing, positive people. the job atmosphere at Sodexo is astonishing.
Pros
the yearly raise is promising, managment is flexible
Cons
not enough hours, seniority based scheduled shifts
low skilled workforce, gm out of touch with reality of day-to-day operations
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 21, 2015
one of the largest employers in Kingston (600) 100 are fulltime unionized positions making 20.00 per hour but the other 500 work 20-25 hours per week at 11.00 per hour thus making a large wage disparity for employees who perform the exact same tasks and many low skilled workers
always a productive day at work
Multi-Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 19, 2015
a typical day at work would be setting and preparing meals for our patients at The Burnaby Mental Health and Addiction Centre. attending to patients needs. cleaning cultery.
Pros
seeing my coworkers everyday
Cons
my manager wasnt very friendly
Diversity and Inclusion at work everyday
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Multifaceted facilities management company with many roles in many business environments from health care, manufacturing to campus services.
Pros
working in many enviorments
Cons
contracted work
Fast paced, busy yet fun job.
Receptionist for Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Mississauga, ON.January 19, 2015
Learned something new almost every single day of work.
Challenged my multi-tasking and time management skills and bettered it all the time.
Acquired strong product knowledge.
Always kept Client interest above everything for which a great deal of appreciation was received.
Pros
always met new people, and workplace was just an 8 minute drive from home.
Cons
the management provided very little or no support at all.
Cafeteria
General Helper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Great people, very multi cultural, over twenty different countries, good daytime hours, uniform, training, making food as a team, heavy duty equipment
Progressive Company with great vision and values
District Manager Corporate Services and IFM (Former Employee) –  Western Canada: AB, BC, MB, SKJanuary 8, 2015
I spent eight fantastic years working for Sodexo and truly enjoyed the experience, the opportunities and the professional development.
Pros
diverse, inclusive, proactive
For a camp, it's a great place to be.
kitchen helper-prep- (Former Employee) –  Mayo, YTDecember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working in the kitchen, and my boss was an awesome chef and had great taste in music. My co-workers were really nice people and I had no problems with anybody. Wish to be apart of this team again someday would be awesome, but to those looking for a great pay and meeting new people..this is the job for you.
Pros
free meals and room
Cons
12 hours a day for two weeks. two weeks off.
great environment
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 18, 2014
i enjoy working with people and i met all sorts of people from cultures to religions and ethnicities. i had amazing view of the airport and had free food in the lounge
Pros
free food great view
Cons
heavy lifting and walking around
Good job for Uni Students
Bartender (Former Employee) –  KingstonDecember 5, 2014
Very flexible with hours. Not hard work - very simple tasks. Friendly staff and most importantly, GREAT HOURS!
have a full gyme and rec hall
Chef (local 47) (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 26, 2014
work place safe. 10 hour work day,21 days on 7 days off. work not to hard, always work at safe and steady pace
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
easy going place. lots of things to do.
Primary Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONNovember 14, 2014
When I worked at the store It was a lot of fun as I only had one boss and he would just let me do my own thing. But when I had a question my boss was always willing to give me a helping hand to make sure that I understood. The bosses that I had are great to work for because they were always willing to teach me everything there was to know about the store. from the ordering to the stocking of the store.
The hardest part of the job really didn't have anything to do with the work. It had a lot to do with the fact that you are away from home.
But on the same since the best part of the job was that I got to meet a lot of different kind of people.
Pros
all your food and logdeing were free
Cons
being away from family
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2014
My day at work was very enjoyable. It was very busy and time went by fast. My people skills got better getting to know all that worked there.

Management was great to work with.

My co-workers were awesome people. Was great to be able to work with a good group.

The hardest part of my job was the hours as I worked the night shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with so many different people and getting to know each person on a personal level.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
working the night shift
Worked in a factory cafeteria
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 19, 2014
I've had the ability to learn and expand my self, which I took the initiative to do.

Sodexo is a global matrix company, many things get lost in the cracks and go unnoticed or maybe people notice, but do not care. A person in a management position should be a true leader, and unfortunately this is not always the case. I don't feel that people try their hardest because it is easy to hide in such a large company. I enjoy my job butt the Chef makes it hard to come to work sometimes. I get frustrated because I see other people doing the bare minimum and getting by with not repercussions

They need to have a better control over staff members breaks Smokers seem to get 3X more breaks then the employees that do not smoke.
Pros
variety. everyday provides a new challenge.
Cons
wages need to be improved
I learned how to be patient to the resident and my co-workers.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCOctober 15, 2014
I wash the dishes, serve food to the residents, cleaning the kitchen and preparing food for breakfast. I learned how to be patient to the residents and my co-workers.
no benefits long hours good work environments
dishwasher/janitor/server (Former Employee) –  cornwall,onSeptember 27, 2014
it is not the best company to work for when having an argumentives taskmaster as an supervisor. however good work environment,and beneficial in urning's.
A great place to work with great people
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  penetanguisheneSeptember 16, 2014
I look forward to going to work on a daily basis. The atmosphere is excellent, the people are understanding and caring.
Nice Place
Housekeeping Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2014
Great Job, nice environment and great people. Customer driven with adequate support for employees.
Wasn't very happy working there. Didn't get enough hours to suit me
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 22, 2014
I didn't like it very much and the staff was ok to work with. The commute to the job lasted 20 minutes up and down the hill. Parking was not good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours leading to my quitting there.