Sodexo Employee Reviews

Very diversified company that works hard to be all inclusive and accepting.
General Manager, Rainy River Project. (Former Employee) –  ON14 September 2015
Large large Global company. A very good company to work for. Strong values with includes very impressive diversification stats. Company lives it's values and these values are visable to employees.

Currently limited number of new projects which has resulted in limited opportunities for project staff.
Pros
Diversified company
Cons
Limited Project opportunities.
Great Time
Cafe Supervisor/ Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2015
Honestly, had a wonderful time working with them! can easily say that they are well aware of what needs to get done and how it needs to be done.
very busy fast-paced workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2015
a very busy and fast-paced environment, best to keep up with work and time or else you'll get behind your schedule. management is ok. some co workers are ok, they help you especially when you are new to job.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON31 July 2015
loved it but it was hard work and the management was friendly and i learn a lot of things met a lot of great people and I gain alot of confidence and became a better leader
Pros
free lunch and free go bus
Cons
long nights
nice co-workers, and nice Seniors
Marquise, Housekeeper/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Kelowna15 July 2015
Nice Seniors, Co-Workers, and Care Aides. The work load was good,good supply cleaning products. The best part of the job was the seniors living there.
Pros
residents
Sodexo
General Manager Fionn McCool's (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2015

One of the biggest catering company in the world

Lots of potential for growth

Learned about Prime Pubs restaurant operations
Pros
free food
Cons
A very friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Sodexo Company (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 June 2015
The co-workers were so easy to work with. They were willing to assist me in situations I could not handle alone. Everyone was encouraging. We all had breaks together and there were lots of humorous co-workers. The boss was very patient and cheerful.
Pros
It was such a nice schedule to balnce with my life
Cons
The boss passed away
great place to work
Rooms Division Manager (Former Employee) –  keeyask mb29 May 2015
had a great experience, the people there were great. I would recommend this place to other people but just make sure you all was ask if there is anything else need to do. there is always train even more then you can think of
worked with great staff
Conference Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  mississauga25 May 2015
long unappreciated hours spent to complete tasks and uncompensated for efforts. Management was not consistant with company policies.
Pros
lunch included
Cons
long hours, under staffed, lack of management
Good Job Environment
Dishes, Catering (Former Employee) –  Richmond12 May 2015
Good people make up a good place to work and interact. I enjoyed the positive employees I worked around and the support presented.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
N/A
was a fun workplace table tennis darts and pool table.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  minto mine site yukon canada30 April 2015
A typical day at work liked the busyness, made your day fly by. I learned a lot about team work, and how to be used to isolation working in camps, i never had problems in that department. Co workers are just like a family treat people with respect and thts what u get in return, but you always end up working with the unreliable types and unruley types thats life. Hard part of the job is no privacy, enjoyable part of the job is making new friends etc you cant name all the things. Was a fun workplace
Pros
bills at home are really low so is food cost
Cons
nowhere to go and blow off steam when in a mood.
regular work environment , contractual agreement
Shipping/Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 April 2015
Sodexo is an equal yet fair company/organization to work for. A big global corporation, so most of it is through contract work through different divisions.
Pros
a few perks and benefits through sodexo website
Cons
Contract work. Limited room for advancement and networking through corporation.
good employ but no communication
Chef d'équipe, Musée canadien de l'histoire (Former Employee) –  100 rue laurier Gatineau21 April 2015
My day starts buy counting the safe, give the break to the employ, do the inventory and after that give the lunch break. After the lunch i can try to have my 30min of lunch and then i need to supervised the cafeteria, the coffee express and the restaurant at all time, sometimes i dont even have the time to eat.At 3h00pm i need to help the employ to close the cafeteria and count and balance there cash, do the deposit and write my report of the day on each department.
I didn`t have a good formation as a supervisor and a cashier.
My co-workers are good but they don`t take there job seriously.
The hardest part of my job is to work every week-end, iv`e been working every week-end for the pats 2 years with no possibility of having 1 week-end off without losing hours.
Pros
...
Cons
long hours, working every week-end
Friendly and Fast
Cook, Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 April 2015
The job involved serving the same group of customers every day, as the Sodexo was within a manufacturing plant. This allowed getting to know the customers on a personal basis; the best part of the job. However, one must keep in mind that workers are given a set time period for breaks, and service must be swift as well as friendly. It is an easy balance to achieve after a while.
Pros
Free food, benefits after 3 months
Cons
Fast paced
great part-time job experience for students
Part-Time Cashier and Front House Labor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 April 2015
friendly environment. learned a lot about kitchen safety and consumer needs. learned how to manage stress and stay on top of my duties and function during a busy dining service. excellent management.
After hours activities provided such as fitness center and games room
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 April 2015
Fast paced environment and I enjoy that aspect of my job. Even though it's repetitive there are enjoyable diversions such as meeting and talking with the clients. My co-workers and I together with management work together. The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
Cheap place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 April 2015
Unreal stress with 1000 meals 3x a day. Poor management no support.
Poor pay based on what a lousy job it is
Unionized where people with more seniority get the jobs over people who are most qualified
Pros
Cons
Unreal stress poor unsupportive management
Great Place to work! Great Staff & Team
Residence Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 March 2015
Great energy and an amazing place to work! Good starting pay and exceptional benefits. Sodexo - Lakehead University take care of their staff & faculty
sodexo is good place to work
dishwasher/food prep (Current Employee) –  kingston, ontario26 February 2015
sodexo is a good place to work for someone who only needs a few hours here and there, maybe a hobby job, rather than a job they rely on to pay the bills. I love my job at Queens, with Sodexo but my hours aren't paying my bills, the fellow employees and employers are all amazing, positive people. the job atmosphere at Sodexo is astonishing.
Pros
the yearly raise is promising, managment is flexible
Cons
not enough hours, seniority based scheduled shifts
low skilled workforce, gm out of touch with reality of day-to-day operations
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 February 2015
one of the largest employers in Kingston (600) 100 are fulltime unionized positions making 20.00 per hour but the other 500 work 20-25 hours per week at 11.00 per hour thus making a large wage disparity for employees who perform the exact same tasks and many low skilled workers