Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

A safe place to eat
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 9, 2013
My major job covers a variety of activities, such as customer services, inventory management and kitchen assistant. Usually in the morning I will check if there is enough stock for Easy to Go Food and decide how many to make. For lunch time, I will serve the Chef Table. Sometimes if i work for the evening time, I am in charging of cleaning up and putting away the food.

I enjoy greeting the customer most although it is not as relaxing as working in the kitchen. Customers' smiles make me feel my job is rewarding.
Pros
free lunchs; learn how to make simple food as pizza and sandwich
Cons
not much space for promotion
Sodexo
General Manager Fionn McCool's (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2015

One of the biggest catering company in the world

Lots of potential for growth

Learned about Prime Pubs restaurant operations
Pros
free food
Cons
they don't care about the people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCApril 13, 2013
Sodexo is a huge company and the focus is on making money. They get by on as few staff as possible, then get mad when everything isn't perfect! the work load is not reasonable, and even management doesn't try to deny this. when you complain about being overworked they tell you "I know you can't do everything, so you need to prioritize". then when everything isn't done you get written up! I worked in a hospital in housekeeping, and with this company and their values in place I hope i never get sick.
Pros
Cons
pay is ok, but not good enough for the amount of work. not full time. no benefits. overall, 2 thumbs down.
Friendly and Fast
Cook, Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 21, 2015
The job involved serving the same group of customers every day, as the Sodexo was within a manufacturing plant. This allowed getting to know the customers on a personal basis; the best part of the job. However, one must keep in mind that workers are given a set time period for breaks, and service must be swift as well as friendly. It is an easy balance to achieve after a while.
Pros
Free food, benefits after 3 months
Cons
Fast paced
After hours activities provided such as fitness center and games room
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 5, 2015
Fast paced environment and I enjoy that aspect of my job. Even though it's repetitive there are enjoyable diversions such as meeting and talking with the clients. My co-workers and I together with management work together. The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
Worked in a factory cafeteria
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 19, 2014
I've had the ability to learn and expand my self, which I took the initiative to do.

Sodexo is a global matrix company, many things get lost in the cracks and go unnoticed or maybe people notice, but do not care. A person in a management position should be a true leader, and unfortunately this is not always the case. I don't feel that people try their hardest because it is easy to hide in such a large company. I enjoy my job butt the Chef makes it hard to come to work sometimes. I get frustrated because I see other people doing the bare minimum and getting by with not repercussions

They need to have a better control over staff members breaks Smokers seem to get 3X more breaks then the employees that do not smoke.
Pros
variety. everyday provides a new challenge.
Cons
wages need to be improved
productive and past face workplace
Chef Cuisinier Asiatique (Former Employee) –  New CaledoniaFebruary 2, 2014
day to day work is base on menu cycle every month that's why i have learned a lot specially in food supervisory and management.
great experience on my co-workers and also to the management.
there's no hardest part on the job because it is always enjoyable when i'm working with my passion, especially in kitchen supervisory.
Pros
free board, lodging and transportation
Cons
was a fun workplace table tennis darts and pool table.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  minto mine site yukon canadaApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work liked the busyness, made your day fly by. I learned a lot about team work, and how to be used to isolation working in camps, i never had problems in that department. Co workers are just like a family treat people with respect and thts what u get in return, but you always end up working with the unreliable types and unruley types thats life. Hard part of the job is no privacy, enjoyable part of the job is making new friends etc you cant name all the things. Was a fun workplace
Pros
bills at home are really low so is food cost
Cons
nowhere to go and blow off steam when in a mood.
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2014
My day at work was very enjoyable. It was very busy and time went by fast. My people skills got better getting to know all that worked there.

Management was great to work with.

My co-workers were awesome people. Was great to be able to work with a good group.

The hardest part of my job was the hours as I worked the night shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with so many different people and getting to know each person on a personal level.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
working the night shift
great part-time job experience for students
Part-Time Cashier and Front House Labor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 13, 2015
friendly environment. learned a lot about kitchen safety and consumer needs. learned how to manage stress and stay on top of my duties and function during a busy dining service. excellent management.
Great Time
Cafe Supervisor/ Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2015
Honestly, had a wonderful time working with them! can easily say that they are well aware of what needs to get done and how it needs to be done.
Fast paced, busy yet fun job.
Receptionist for Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Mississauga, ON.January 19, 2015
Learned something new almost every single day of work.
Challenged my multi-tasking and time management skills and bettered it all the time.
Acquired strong product knowledge.
Always kept Client interest above everything for which a great deal of appreciation was received.
Pros
always met new people, and workplace was just an 8 minute drive from home.
Cons
the management provided very little or no support at all.
Cheap place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 3, 2015
Unreal stress with 1000 meals 3x a day. Poor management no support.
Poor pay based on what a lousy job it is
Unionized where people with more seniority get the jobs over people who are most qualified
Pros
Cons
Unreal stress poor unsupportive management
I try hard to maintain a positive attitude and smile
Housekeeping Associate (Current Employee) –  General siteMarch 13, 2013
I sign in and look to see what area I will be doing. I sign out my keys and go to my JC and set up my cart.
I learned to do things different ways from management and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job would be, coming into a messy cart that someone else left with a bucket of dirty water, and no supplies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have done a good job and people notice, it makes me feel good to know that I have given my best. As well, I enjoy interacting with people and like to help in anyway I can. I get along well with all of my co-workers and other hospital staff, as well as the general public.
Cons
very little hours, not that great a pay, scheduling issues for example: i show up for work and i'm not on the schedule, then i leave and their calling me to come back because they made a mistake on the schedule, and this happens quite ften.
Top 1OO company - with Top performers
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 26, 2014
Fantastic Consolidated Service Solutions Company whose Management team empowers its employees to be successful and productive- at home and at work.
Pros
top 100 company with advancement
Cons
sometimes volital service industry
It would be nice to have TV in lunch room
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 17, 2012
I like working for Sodexo .
Serve with smile .
The management is very good.
They are very good ,we work as team .
I like to finish my work on time .
i enjoy serving the customers .
Pros
example: free lunches
Cons
example: long hours
nice co-workers, and nice Seniors
Marquise, Housekeeper/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  KelownaJuly 15, 2015
Nice Seniors, Co-Workers, and Care Aides. The work load was good,good supply cleaning products. The best part of the job was the seniors living there.
Pros
residents
Cons
A very friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Sodexo Company (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 3, 2015
The co-workers were so easy to work with. They were willing to assist me in situations I could not handle alone. Everyone was encouraging. We all had breaks together and there were lots of humorous co-workers. The boss was very patient and cheerful.
Pros
It was such a nice schedule to balnce with my life
Cons
The boss passed away
Productive and comfortable environment to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 20, 2013
I enjoy working for Sodexo as they listen to problems and make every effort to fix the problemd
Pros
friendly management
Cons
no advancement
Great Place to work! Great Staff & Team
Residence Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 9, 2015
Great energy and an amazing place to work! Good starting pay and exceptional benefits. Sodexo - Lakehead University take care of their staff & faculty