Sodexo Employee Reviews

Team Member/General Help (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
I would do any little thing to help anyone out if it was to change garbage's, do dishes, make coffee, help out with some prep and stock stuff in the kitchen or to clean the dining area.
Busy
Food Server/Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 December 2016
Busy place to work, lots of customers. Made food to order, cleaned up work station before i left at night. Met some good people.
Pros
People
Cons
understaffed
Great People, Great life.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp near Little Long River, Kapuskasing, Ontario.11 April 2016
Great Company, Great People, Love the Camp Job - It has its own wonderful discipline.
The co workers and the client in a way become a family bringing on achievements for both.
A very refined work culture, the pace is thrilling, and it is a kind of second home.
Just a very poor company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2016
Security wise it is just a very poor company to work for very low pay and absolutely no appreciatton for employees. My boss is very disrespectful when dealing with employees and the employees themselves seem to have a high lack of common sense and education
It was a job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 August 2016
Honestly nothing negative or positive to say. It was a maintenance job like most, it required a lot of walking since it was such a large facility.
Productive, easy going atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 February 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, I find that I work alone majority of the time. Not much training I was put to work right away.The hardest part of the job is when I need more training, in different areas instead of being thrown to the wolves. You learn pretty quick some guess work.
Pros
great people to work for.
Oversee construction and Day to Day facility operations for eastern Canada
REGIONAL OPERATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Montreal25 July 2013
I made a bad career move this company has no vision nor mission they do not have the correct people managers in place.

The Operation Director and VP's are food people and do not understand the facility management side of the business that they are trying to acquire.

Unfortunate that they do not see this problem.
Pros
No one to oversee you work they do not understand the business
Cons
left on your own to solve issues Example: Long hours
Decisions take place behind doors
Facility Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2012
I once heard a comment that "I'm being left alone by Sodexo in front of a herd of wolves". I guess this clearly defines their methodology and the way they deal with the situation. Less said is better.

Co workers are also not cooperative and are back biters, may be because they are saving their jobs by playing dirty games. I'm glad that I made a decision.
Cons
too much work load, no support from management, politics, decisions behind close doors, no career growth
A Tremendous Company to Work For
Senior Financial Analyst/Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2012
Sodexo is a culturally diverse and responsible corporate citizen that places great emphasis on its employees. Significant efforts are directed towards employee training, development and extensive commitments are made towards maintaing a healthy and productive work life balance.
Pros
great management, training and support programs for employees
Cons
limited advancement opportunities in certain areas
long days but nice place to work
EXECUTIVE CHEF - REMOTE SITES - CONTRACTOR/RELIEF (Current Employee) –  Quebec and Ontario30 October 2015
Fun place to work. Collegues and supportive management and make this place suite a chance for learning and give to a chance advance to grow
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
very long hours
working at Sodexo - an "ok" stepping stone...
manager (Former Employee) –  Sodexo Canada18 June 2012
The day-to-day folks that you work with are great and the teamwork atmosphere is encouraged.

Employees are supported in the Company’s ongoing charity efforts towards the "Stop Hunger" foundation - employees can freely give of their work time to help out.

Work/life balance is almost non-existent and senior managers seem very disconnected from the day-to-day demands of the roles.

Support departments are very understaffed and the leadership team is perceived as being driven by business growth only.

When the status quo is professionally challenged, employees are made to feel that their concerns are not heard.

Favoritism and cliques abound...
Pros
stop hunger foundation work, great team-members, potential for global transfers
Cons
long hours, less than competitve pay for non-senior staff, culture slow to change
Location:St-Joseph's Hospital
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 January 2016
Terrible management skills, and when you work above and beyond you don't even get a thank you. A lot of favourites. All the employees including full-time are all hawks and snakes. Its a good paying job, but just don't talk to anyone, trust me. Go to work and work, do your job and leave.
Cons
Takes a very long time to get on full time, over 5 years.
a fast paced environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC26 December 2015
great team work by other employees with decent pay very hard work and you need to be very fast with what your doing and able to handle working in a kitchen with lots of oither things going on and stay on track there was some things that could be deakt with better like the confidentality and staffing procedures like addressing work place bullying
Pros
thorough training
Cons
management under educated
well maintained and cleanly
Food Prep/General Food hall attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 May 2016
my work experience here included high maintained cleanliness, and fast past tedious procedures such as filling up food bar, and checking costumers in and out.
Pros
free lunch or dinner on break
Cons
lots of repetition
Learned to manage commissary store.
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Hess Bome Camp, Eguatorial Guinea Central Africa13 October 2015
Supportive management, contract includes accommodation, transportation and food. With annual vacation, bonus received depends on you performance evaluation.
Pros
annual vacation
Cons
low salary
We have pool tables theatre room and gym baseball field alot of good things to enjoy yourself great room also.
C-Store attendant and cashier (Current Employee) –  Smoky Falls, ON18 August 2013
My day here at work is always a good i enjoy being around people i always have a smile. I even have workers calling me smily. I do see how management have a lot on their plates to make this job successful. My co-workers are great to work with. My hardest part of my work is well i don't really have an answer for that one for me its not very hard. The most enjoyable part is learning new things everyday and making sure our workers are served well and happy.
Pros
Everything is free here
Cons
Long hours but no problem
Could be made a better place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2016
Wages below the mark
Cooking
A safe place to eat
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 July 2013
My major job covers a variety of activities, such as customer services, inventory management and kitchen assistant. Usually in the morning I will check if there is enough stock for Easy to Go Food and decide how many to make. For lunch time, I will serve the Chef Table. Sometimes if i work for the evening time, I am in charging of cleaning up and putting away the food.

I enjoy greeting the customer most although it is not as relaxing as working in the kitchen. Customers' smiles make me feel my job is rewarding.
Pros
Free lunchs; Learn how to make simple food as pizza and sandwich
Cons
Not much space for promotion
they don't care about the people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 April 2013
Sodexo is a huge company and the focus is on making money. They get by on as few staff as possible, then get mad when everything isn't perfect! the work load is not reasonable, and even management doesn't try to deny this. when you complain about being overworked they tell you "I know you can't do everything, so you need to prioritize". then when everything isn't done you get written up! I worked in a hospital in housekeeping, and with this company and their values in place I hope i never get sick.
Pros
Cons
pay is ok, but not good enough for the amount of work. not full time. no benefits. overall, 2 thumbs down.
Great employer
Assistant unit manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT Canada7 August 2014
been working for this company for over 6 years its been stable and secure, the people are great the culture is very diverse the benefits are great I get to enjoy life and work and make money steadily with a great work life balance
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
travel