Sodexo
2,054 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
no benefits long hours good work environments
dishwasher/janitor/server (Former Employee), cornwall,onSeptember 27, 2014
it is not the best company to work for when having an argumentives taskmaster as an supervisor. however good work environment,and beneficial in urning's.
Nice Place
Housekeeping Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2014
Great Job, nice environment and great people. Customer driven with adequate support for employees.
Wasn't very happy working there. Didn't get enough hours to suit me
Receiver (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours leading to my quitting there.
I didn't like it very much and the staff was ok to work with. The commute to the job lasted 20 minutes up and down the hill. Parking was not good.
room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/ Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2014
great company lots for growth. world wide. different types of jobs from hospitality, cooking, maintenance. advancement
really fun place
Team leader, Mississauga Branch (Current Employee), mississaugaAugust 11, 2014
fun place
fun coworkers
fun environment
fun customers
easy job
learned some management
Uniforms are provided but you launder yourself!
First Cook (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: uniforms provided
Cons: launder yourself
Fun, musical, dancing to break the tension. Overall good camaraderie between co-workers.
Positive work environment with advancement potential!
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Fort McKay ABJune 10, 2014
Loved working with Sodexo! Went from Janitor to Shift Manager in 4 years..... Amazing and rewarding.
You can learn alot about the business at this location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cantung Mine, NWTJune 9, 2014
Its been a very long ride learning the ropes, always someone to correct your way of doing things. Its up at 5am and down at 9pm every day for 28 days straight. I have recieved some much in the way of how to do things and the proper tools to accomplish it. I have really been apart of improving the ergonomics here at the this site. I have enjoyed every – more... minute and will continue to try my best. – less
One of the best places to work for.....
Office Coordinator/Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Sodexo Air Canada- MississaugaJune 2, 2014
Pros: excellent boss- management. job opportunity for career advancement, very approachable and friendly bosses.
Pros:

There is a lot of opportunity for career advancement, if you work hard for it, opportunities are there. This company employs people with disabilities, they are very compassionate and supportive. One of the things you will consider before applying for a posted position. That fact goes to show that Sodexo is very fair company indeed.

But what – more... I really love about working for this company aside from the great opportunity of learning and advancement is that I think I have the best of best boss I ever had in my entire career life. Young but super smart gentleman, SUPPORTIVE, very down to earth, approachable, open minded, understanding....he is simply just an AMAZING boss. I have no doubt that my other co-workers would say things about him likewise.

The Management of this Unit is Spectacular. Very friendly and accomodating. It almost feel like a real family. Not putting things into exaggeration. I have never seen a very humble management such as this one. Everybody supportive and helpful from the GM to Finance Manager to the Operations Managers, everyone is just willing to lend a helping hand. It is a TEAM you would want to be a part of for real.

Cons:
Super Busy, demanding job. It is nice to be very busy,there is nothing wrong with that. But if you are kind of workaholic person like other many you tend to compromise your break (lunch or personal priorities) just to make sure you are keeping up or you accomplish most of the piled up assignment/job. Well I guess I would prefer being very busy though than working in very slow paced environment. – less
Top 1OO company - with Top performers
Office Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: top 100 company with advancement
Cons: sometimes volital service industry
Fantastic Consolidated Service Solutions Company whose Management team empowers its employees to be successful and productive- at home and at work.
Great Company to work with
Office Administrator (Current Employee), TorontoMay 23, 2014
Pros: free food, great management
Cons: slow increements
Great Management, Free Food , Great coworkers.. Interesting atmosphere, benefits and vacation provided
lack of management leadership
Property Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 10, 2014
My job was interesting and challenging but Sodexho offered very little administrative support and absolutely no training.
lots of work!
Bar/Catering manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed the opportunity to challenge my ability to manage and multi-task but I worked far too long and was being cheated on my over-time and days off.
fun place to work fun staff everyone got along
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: lunches and dinners come off check
work is repetitive but enjoy it
learned to work fast but did a great job
Well maintained work place
Kitchen hand (Current Employee), PilbaraMarch 26, 2014
Pros: gym
Cons: not much social life
I love my job in the kitchen here on site, the people are freindly an everyone works well as a team. I really enjoy my days on site because there is always something for me to do which makes the day go fast. The hardest part of my job would be the first night on night shift but after that everything runs real smoothly.
learning experience
Cleaner (Former Employee), Hamilton ONMarch 2, 2014
Cons: no job security
cleaned different parts of the hospital for a contractor

the hardest part of the job was not knowing how long i was going to have the job for

made new friends
na
First cook breakfast cook chef (Former Employee), Minto mine Yukon YTFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
why ? I don't think you need to know any of this thank you
it was a job
paid the bills
Good working atmoshpere and collective
cashier (Former Employee), Thunder BayFebruary 21, 2014
A perfect place for a full-time student of Confederation College. Flexible schedule and understanding management.

Worked with cash and at Tim Hortons.
Productive and fun workplace
housekeeping (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: temp jobs
enjoying the company of the fellow co-workers and the customers that I will be engaging with. hardest part of the job would be knowing I didn't help someone in need. the best part of the job is knowing I am making a differences even if it is only a small difference.
High production and working with world wide chefs
cook (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: learning new skills from different chef's
Cons: the olympics ended.
A typical day checking with the Executive Chef of the daily duties. Working and assisting the Celebrity Chef's since I knew my way around the kitchen, and gather their ingredients and assist them on the World Stage.
After I became the breakfast chef.
I was hired for the Paralympics also.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more