Sodexo Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Cashier/Cook/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 May 2017
A fun environment to work in with great people. Full-time hours but not very flexible when a day off was needed. Free lunches and weekends off made the job a great fit at the time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late nights
Free food good staff
prep cook, line cook and shadow (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge university12 May 2017
This job taught me a lot of new skills on how to flourish my appetite for cooking homemade meals how to cut bulk meats and learned how to cook international foods from all around the world. great staff made a loot of new friends at this job.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Seasonal
fun at work
Supervisor and cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 April 2017
Had a blast at wor.
clients were expectant of specific items which made me explore out of my comfort zone.
Had a few issues with some of my management but nothing we couldn't over come.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with staff i picked my self.... there was only 2 of us working there... and meeting new people.
great place to work with great benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
great benefits
awesome work environment
great people to work with
full time hours
very busy establishment
good food
good bosses
followed health and safety guidelines according to health Canada and every employee was updated with WHIMS
Pros
great people
Sodexo
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
With being a large corporate company, I did not feel they were actually interested in safety. They just wanted to focus on making a good appearance, but at the end of the day it was not as rewarding as I had hoped.
Customer Service
food service worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
I worked with the Market Café in the International Center. Had a great team of people to work with. It was always busy as it was across from the airport in Toronto. I worked different hours all the time because I was working two jobs at once But always worked to my potential.
Productive workplace with fun environment
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Otterburne, MB10 March 2017
Sodexo has a great working environment. With the Otterburne location, the environment is conducive for relationship building with co-workers, and for truly enjoying your work.
no comment
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2017
interesting and challenging
to deal with customers
all nationalities
to work with agency workers
to meet my regular custumers that appreciate me
to meet new people
Productive and nice to work with all the staff.
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 February 2017
Staff are friendly. Residents are very appreciative. The environment is nice to work. Management appreciate our hard work.
Pros
they give free lunch/supper
Cons
On call if we got extra activities.
Attending work meetings, maintaining student-worker's relationship, reporting to residence life manager
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2017
1. Great benefits.
2. Demanding paperwork.
3. Flexible work, school, life balance.
4. Lots of career opportunity.
5. Other similar career pathways available.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
24/7 community role model
sodexo is 3/5
Cafeteria- CSR Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2017
typical day at work: you come in, you go to the change room to get changed, you come up, you sign in for your work shift. you prepare the salad, soups, temperature of food, dish washing station and overall preparedness of equipment. You have 1/3 positions, either you will be in the dish room either washing or helping putting the supplies away and scrubbing. Either you will be serving food and checking on temperature and making sure nothing runs out, if they do, you are responsible to refill it. or you will be clicking in how many students come in as well as swiping their student card and helping maintain supplies such as milk, salads, soup, and keeping the cafeteria clean.

what i learned: adapt, work fast pace, keep busy because then clean up at the end of the day just because easier. you do learn WHIMIS, quality control on equipments, how to check food temperature and making sure everything is clean

management: is poor, theyre strict. i remember being yelled at when i was head dish washer because i was talking while working with my co worker as we were both independently working together and being told i wasnt allowed to talk despite no one can hear us in a noisy dishroom. Managers dont really take the time to learn your name, your story, they come in and make sure everything in order and leaves.

hardest part of the job: just when it gets really busy but you get used to the rush. and maybe sometimes the workers are unhappy and work place drama can occur easily

most enjoyable: the food, everyday is a different meal. so you never have to cook or physically pay
  more... for your food. it comes off at 12 dollars in your bi weekly paycheck. so eat as much as you want!  less
Pros
food, lots of it
Cons
management
Fun
Administration/Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 January 2017
Good company to work for. Learned a lot of new skills. Fun staff to work with. They are patient and willing to teach. Everyone helps everyone out. Great benefits. The company is international so the opportunity to work somewhere new is available.
Pros
International company
Cons
not a bad place to work at if you are a kid just looking for a start
Supervisor/ Dietician/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2017
not bad place to work at management keeps changing coworkers are great. but pay is low.loved working there but no parking for employees good place for some one coming out of school.
productive and friendly workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 December 2016
dealing with a lot of people with different background is always great.
I learned a lot about safety.
great leader can build a great team.
diversity is always my fun.
physically
friendship
Ok not great
Operator-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 December 2016
Able to increase my knowledge in managing/running a retail store. Enjoy meeting and having conversation with customers/regular customers. I love coffee! Always busy and 8 hour most of the time is not enough.
Pros
Develop my skills
Cons
Long hours, demanding
Team Member/General Help (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
I would do any little thing to help anyone out if it was to change garbage's, do dishes, make coffee, help out with some prep and stock stuff in the kitchen or to clean the dining area.
Busy
Food Server/Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 December 2016
Busy place to work, lots of customers. Made food to order, cleaned up work station before i left at night. Met some good people.
Pros
People
Cons
understaffed
Good management
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 November 2016
I worked hard at this job, I was able to move myself up the ladder quick in this job I went from prep cook, line cook, and then all the way to first cook to red seal cook shadow. I learned the most in the cooking industry from this job.
Corporate Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
• Served high level executives during corporate meetings and events, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism in accordance with CIBC policy and procedure
fast busy and so much fun
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 November 2016
working for sodexo was amazing the lagre company made for lots of work all over queen making extra hours and working over time was always easy to do and getting paid for your time was never an issue always made you feel welcome and at home
Pros
free food
Cons
drunk students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.