Sodexo Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BC28 July 2017
The over all experience was great, the camp was a lot of fun.

The people were very welcoming and would suggest this company to work for. Delicious food too
Free food and free room
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB15 July 2017
12.5hours per everyday. 21 days without day off. This company provides only 7 days off. But you have to waste two days to move to/from the site. This company is besed on food and catering business, not original security company. It is pilot security department of Sodexo. If you hired, you can experience totally different and weird security company. Management may say you can earn big money while you work at the site. Don't be stupid. If you have two jobs in your area, you can make the same amount of money. They may say also everything is free: free food, free stay and free transportation. It sounds like heaven, but it feels like jail. They may say you can enjoy all facilities with no charge: GYM and entertainment centre. You won't have enough time to use those things. Is it possible to use the facilities after 12.5 hours working? I am walking over 18km everyday. If you need free food, free small tiny room and free travel to Northern Manitoba, apply right now.
Pros
Fast money, free food, free room, free transportation
Cons
Bad micro management and low quality work environment
fine job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  surrey hospital30 June 2017
typical day at work,its hard job cause you gonna encounter lots of germs bacteria to the hospital but you need to secure yourself not to get yourself involve thats why we are using gloves, musks etc.
what I learn is to how to used all the different types of cleaning stuff, organized things to clean, and make sure everythings clean and sanitized.
workplace is fine, is doing fine.
hardest part of the job, pressure cleaning the room always make sure everythings perfect and clean sanitized.
the most enjoyable part of the job, is to appreciate all your effort to clean do nicely your job.
Pros
free lunch
Enjoyable
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 June 2017
I worked here as a custodian and really enjoyed it. I worked at my own pace and worked alone making sure all jobs assigned were completed at the end of my shift. The hardest part was hand mopping the very big hallways and the best part was working independently.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Night shift
love sodexo
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CA19 June 2017
i love being working with sodexo inc, i already have almost 2 years working withe them and i really like the team, work environment, and safety trainings
I don't suggest taking a position here
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2017
As a temporary job, Sodexo is a good place to work for.

Full time, I found I was worked past my point of exhaustion, was expected to work (In a kitchen) when ill, and was given written warnings for things that were actually not any fault of my own, but of my superiors.
Pros
free lunch, health benefits
Cons
long hours, belittling supervisors
good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2017
Good Company with many good people. some units are really good others not so much. Experience is very reflective of particular senior management you would report too.
Pros
competitive salary, good benefits
Cons
long hours, some poor managers
fun place to work
Cashier/Cook/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 May 2017
A fun environment to work in with great people. Full-time hours but not very flexible when a day off was needed. Free lunches and weekends off made the job a great fit at the time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late nights
Free food good staff
prep cook, line cook and shadow (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge university12 May 2017
This job taught me a lot of new skills on how to flourish my appetite for cooking homemade meals how to cut bulk meats and learned how to cook international foods from all around the world. great staff made a loot of new friends at this job.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Seasonal
fun at work
Supervisor and cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 April 2017
Had a blast at wor.
clients were expectant of specific items which made me explore out of my comfort zone.
Had a few issues with some of my management but nothing we couldn't over come.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with staff i picked my self.... there was only 2 of us working there... and meeting new people.

Want to know more about Sodexo?

Ask a question
great place to work with great benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
great benefits
awesome work environment
great people to work with
full time hours
very busy establishment
good food
good bosses
followed health and safety guidelines according to health Canada and every employee was updated with WHIMS
Pros
great people
Sodexo
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
With being a large corporate company, I did not feel they were actually interested in safety. They just wanted to focus on making a good appearance, but at the end of the day it was not as rewarding as I had hoped.
Customer Service
food service worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
I worked with the Market Café in the International Center. Had a great team of people to work with. It was always busy as it was across from the airport in Toronto. I worked different hours all the time because I was working two jobs at once But always worked to my potential.
Productive workplace with fun environment
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Otterburne, MB10 March 2017
Sodexo has a great working environment. With the Otterburne location, the environment is conducive for relationship building with co-workers, and for truly enjoying your work.
no comment
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2017
interesting and challenging
to deal with customers
all nationalities
to work with agency workers
to meet my regular custumers that appreciate me
to meet new people
Productive and nice to work with all the staff.
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 February 2017
Staff are friendly. Residents are very appreciative. The environment is nice to work. Management appreciate our hard work.
Pros
they give free lunch/supper
Cons
On call if we got extra activities.
Attending work meetings, maintaining student-worker's relationship, reporting to residence life manager
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2017
1. Great benefits.
2. Demanding paperwork.
3. Flexible work, school, life balance.
4. Lots of career opportunity.
5. Other similar career pathways available.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
24/7 community role model
sodexo is 3/5
Cafeteria- CSR Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2017
typical day at work: you come in, you go to the change room to get changed, you come up, you sign in for your work shift. you prepare the salad, soups, temperature of food, dish washing station and overall preparedness of equipment. You have 1/3 positions, either you will be in the dish room either washing or helping putting the supplies away and scrubbing. Either you will be serving food and checking on temperature and making sure nothing runs out, if they do, you are responsible to refill it. or you will be clicking in how many students come in as well as swiping their student card and helping maintain supplies such as milk, salads, soup, and keeping the cafeteria clean.

what i learned: adapt, work fast pace, keep busy because then clean up at the end of the day just because easier. you do learn WHIMIS, quality control on equipments, how to check food temperature and making sure everything is clean

management: is poor, theyre strict. i remember being yelled at when i was head dish washer because i was talking while working with my co worker as we were both independently working together and being told i wasnt allowed to talk despite no one can hear us in a noisy dishroom. Managers dont really take the time to learn your name, your story, they come in and make sure everything in order and leaves.

hardest part of the job: just when it gets really busy but you get used to the rush. and maybe sometimes the workers are unhappy and work place drama can occur easily

most enjoyable: the food, everyday is a different meal. so you never have to cook or physically pay
  more... for your food. it comes off at 12 dollars in your bi weekly paycheck. so eat as much as you want!  less
Pros
food, lots of it
Cons
management
Fun
Administration/Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 January 2017
Good company to work for. Learned a lot of new skills. Fun staff to work with. They are patient and willing to teach. Everyone helps everyone out. Great benefits. The company is international so the opportunity to work somewhere new is available.
Pros
International company
Cons
not a bad place to work at if you are a kid just looking for a start
Supervisor/ Dietician/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2017
not bad place to work at management keeps changing coworkers are great. but pay is low.loved working there but no parking for employees good place for some one coming out of school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.