Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

It's a good company and a decent salary
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 10, 2016
It's a good company. They give a good salary and the people are friendly. good training ground and helpful management team.
working for sodexo
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTJune 8, 2016
A typical day work was good, long hours, lots of work to do, stayed busy.

I learned more how to be fast at my job, work well with others,

Management, well I did enjoy working with one of my managers, the other not so much. But I did like my job overall.

My co-workers were awesome, I liked working with them very much, they had a good sense of humor, awesome personalities. They made working that much better.

The hardest part of my job was all the laundry we had to get done in just a couple days.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with everyone, they all had such good moods for working, everyone in camp was so friendly, the food, the food was good, loved waking up to having breakfast cooked, or supper every night cooked and really good.
Pros
free food, people in camp
Productive, easy going atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, I find that I work alone majority of the time. Not much training I was put to work right away.The hardest part of the job is when I need more training, in different areas instead of being thrown to the wolves. You learn pretty quick some guess work.
Pros
great people to work for.
Cons
long days but nice place to work
EXECUTIVE CHEF - REMOTE SITES - CONTRACTOR/RELIEF (Current Employee) –  Quebec and OntarioOctober 30, 2015
Fun place to work. Collegues and supportive management and make this place suite a chance for learning and give to a chance advance to grow
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
very long hours
Location:St-Joseph's Hospital
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Terrible management skills, and when you work above and beyond you don't even get a thank you. A lot of favourites. All the employees including full-time are all hawks and snakes. Its a good paying job, but just don't talk to anyone, trust me. Go to work and work, do your job and leave.
Cons
Takes a very long time to get on full time, over 5 years.
a fast paced environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCDecember 26, 2015
great team work by other employees with decent pay very hard work and you need to be very fast with what your doing and able to handle working in a kitchen with lots of oither things going on and stay on track there was some things that could be deakt with better like the confidentality and staffing procedures like addressing work place bullying
Pros
thorough training
Cons
management under educated
Worst company I ever worked for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 2, 2016
A typical day of work was preventative maintenance and dealing with client requests as well as arranging for contractors to be on site.

Management and workers are have the "us against you" attitude. Nobody had anybody's back. Backstabbing and lying is a part of Sodexo culture.

Coworkers were fine on a good day

Hardest part of the job was putting up with all the fake promises from management

Very bad communication within the company.
Cons
Learned to manage commissary store.
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Hess Bome Camp, Eguatorial Guinea Central AfricaOctober 13, 2015
Supportive management, contract includes accommodation, transportation and food. With annual vacation, bonus received depends on you performance evaluation.
Pros
annual vacation
Cons
low salary
Great people
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2016
There is a lot of great people that work for this company. Lots of hours, if your willing to work evening's and midnights. They pay well and have benefits if you work so many hours a week.

They are very unorganized and the managers don't seems to communicate with each other very well.

Unfortunately the people who have been working there for years are getting paid what the new employees are getting and there is no room to move up.
Could be made a better place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Wages below the mark
Cooking
service driven
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCApril 16, 2016
Cleaning an disinfecting arhcc in Abbotsford
detailed cleaning skills and how to strip and wax commercial flooring
management are very service oriented
staff were great people that really cared about the people
having clients pass away was the hardest part of the job
watching as long term clients got to go home
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Just a very poor company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2016
Security wise it is just a very poor company to work for very low pay and absolutely no appreciatton for employees. My boss is very disrespectful when dealing with employees and the employees themselves seem to have a high lack of common sense and education
well maintained and cleanly
Food Prep/General Food hall attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 17, 2016
my work experience here included high maintained cleanliness, and fast past tedious procedures such as filling up food bar, and checking costumers in and out.
Pros
free lunch or dinner on break
Cons
lots of repetition
Great People, Great life.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp near Little Long River, Kapuskasing, Ontario.April 11, 2016
Great Company, Great People, Love the Camp Job - It has its own wonderful discipline.
The co workers and the client in a way become a family bringing on achievements for both.
A very refined work culture, the pace is thrilling, and it is a kind of second home.
Impossible Demands, Constant Criticism, Counterproductive Equipment
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCNovember 13, 2015
No matter how hard you try, there will be ongoing criticism from multiple contradicting sources. That said, the ongoing criticism is one of the only indicators of the actual job description. Because of the multiple parties that are making demands, the workload is impossible to complete. Equipment falls apart when you try to use it; when you bring this to their attention, it will be locked out for a week and then returned to you in the same condition with a statement that it is "fixed". Whether you have the equipment or not, you will be hindered in accomplishing the task that that type of equipment is required for. You will then be publicly humiliated on their Wall of Shame which posts weekly audits and a white board that announces shortcomings for all to see. There is also the constant threat of being fired if there are too many "complaints" from one of the sources of your workload.

I have witnessed a worker who was BADLY and permanently injured ON THE JOB, being aggressively treated by assistant management, in front of an audience, as though she were practically a criminal. She is supposed to be receiving assistance to do her "modified" workload; but instead was put working alone in the busiest area of the facility. She has to work through her breaks and stay late (without pay) to get it done, and is in excruciating pain.

Assistant management is aggressive, power hungry, domineering, hypercritical, vindictive, uncompassionate and has no management skills whatsoever. Management put her in that position, because he felt she had potential. Management seems completely
  more... oblivious to any of the issues and can't understand why there is such a high turnover rate. It was actually implied to me that I would have difficulty finding things to do. Management believes the Wall of Shame inspires "healthy competition". All it does is discourage a group of already burnt out workers.

Then you will receive your paycheque which will not be enough to live on. It is usually as close as possible to minimum wage.
Pros
The work team is a group of very nice hardworking people
Cons
Impossible workload, constant criticism and threat of termination, assistant management bully, wage
easy work,cheap meals
Custodian (casual) (Current Employee) –  Bushell Park, SKJune 12, 2016
its an ok place to work,learned how to strip wax floors, co-workers are good. hardest part is moving equipment, management seems alright,just general coustodial
Pros
cheap meals, eaze of work
Cons
some of shift start times
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cnrlJune 9, 2016
co- workers are great there, management puts a lot of stress on the works some times, but I've also learned a lot there.
hardest part of the job is its very fast paced.
great place to work.
Pros
great people
Cons
fast paced
producitive and fun workplace
Housekeeping Department at Juravinski Hospital (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 15, 2015
love to clean and work with people, willing to learn and grow with company with a supportive management , love to learn new and grow with co-workers, when there is caring supportive people and they care of what i do for them and i put a smile on their face , i know i did my job , i know what i do is keeping them from getting sick and that is what and why i enjoy my job
Nice people to work with
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Forrest Kerr CampMarch 23, 2016
Well worked for them a few years ago had a good time,Like to come back and work for them again. Like i said everybody is a team player very clean and if you need help someone is there to help you.
Sinple cleaning Job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  CAApril 7, 2016
Simple cleaning with skills to learn, most enjoyable was when I get to run the Tennant T7 scrubbing machines. Overall Great company with chances to advance
Pros
Monthly Parties
Cons
N/A