Sodexo Employee Reviews

Attending work meetings, maintaining student-worker's relationship, reporting to residence life manager
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2017
1. Great benefits.
2. Demanding paperwork.
3. Flexible work, school, life balance.
4. Lots of career opportunity.
5. Other similar career pathways available.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
24/7 community role model
Fun
Administration/Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 January 2017
Good company to work for. Learned a lot of new skills. Fun staff to work with. They are patient and willing to teach. Everyone helps everyone out. Great benefits. The company is international so the opportunity to work somewhere new is available.
Pros
International company
Cons
great values on on paper not in practice
Hôte / Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2016
gap between employees and management. No sense of belonging.
very little is done in the sense of getting the employees a sense of accomplishment and of participating in something bigger.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
HR is unresponsive
Good environment
Facilities and administration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 September 2016
When I start there, I start like a Janitorial, but I have some experience on administration back home and that help me after one year working on this company I apply for this position and after a week I start like administrative assistant
Benefits
Great people
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2016
There is a lot of great people that work for this company. Lots of hours, if your willing to work evening's and midnights. They pay well and have benefits if you work so many hours a week.

They are very unorganized and the managers don't seems to communicate with each other very well.

Unfortunately the people who have been working there for years are getting paid what the new employees are getting and there is no room to move up.
Productive and have complete ammeneties
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Nethelands remote site7 August 2016
: 12 to 13 hours of work
: I have learned few Brazilian soups and indonesian food
: Management were very supportive
: We do have a harmonious relationship with fellow co-workers
: Hardest part was pleasing all their needs
: The most enjoyable part was I enjoy my job and learn from mistake and I travel with free and end of the month with pay.
Pros
All free
service driven
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 April 2016
Cleaning an disinfecting arhcc in Abbotsford
detailed cleaning skills and how to strip and wax commercial flooring
management are very service oriented
staff were great people that really cared about the people
having clients pass away was the hardest part of the job
watching as long term clients got to go home
Pros
good benefits
working for sodexo
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT8 June 2016
A typical day work was good, long hours, lots of work to do, stayed busy.

I learned more how to be fast at my job, work well with others,

Management, well I did enjoy working with one of my managers, the other not so much. But I did like my job overall.

My co-workers were awesome, I liked working with them very much, they had a good sense of humor, awesome personalities. They made working that much better.

The hardest part of my job was all the laundry we had to get done in just a couple days.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with everyone, they all had such good moods for working, everyone in camp was so friendly, the food, the food was good, loved waking up to having breakfast cooked, or supper every night cooked and really good.
Pros
free food, people in camp
Ok not great
Operator-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 December 2016
Able to increase my knowledge in managing/running a retail store. Enjoy meeting and having conversation with customers/regular customers. I love coffee! Always busy and 8 hour most of the time is not enough.
Pros
Develop my skills
Cons
Long hours, demanding
Productive and nice to work with all the staff.
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 February 2017
Staff are friendly. Residents are very appreciative. The environment is nice to work. Management appreciate our hard work.
Pros
they give free lunch/supper
Cons
On call if we got extra activities.
not a bad place to work at if you are a kid just looking for a start
Supervisor/ Dietician/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2017
not bad place to work at management keeps changing coworkers are great. but pay is low.loved working there but no parking for employees good place for some one coming out of school.
great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
I worked for the catering company sodexo in a rural camp just outside Fort St.John B.C and it was the best job i've had thus far.
I worked with great people who were team players and great work ethics such as my own, unfortunately the site closed down and we all parted ways. I feel blessed for having have met a great camp family and hope to find a job in my near future working with great people again :-)
Pros
gym facility, great chefs, fantastic manager
Cons
long days due to split shifts
Customer Service
food service worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
I worked with the Market Café in the International Center. Had a great team of people to work with. It was always busy as it was across from the airport in Toronto. I worked different hours all the time because I was working two jobs at once But always worked to my potential.
fast busy and so much fun
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 November 2016
working for sodexo was amazing the lagre company made for lots of work all over queen making extra hours and working over time was always easy to do and getting paid for your time was never an issue always made you feel welcome and at home
Pros
free food
Cons
drunk students
Productive workplace with fun environment
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Otterburne, MB10 March 2017
Sodexo has a great working environment. With the Otterburne location, the environment is conducive for relationship building with co-workers, and for truly enjoying your work.
Corporate Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
• Served high level executives during corporate meetings and events, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism in accordance with CIBC policy and procedure
It's a good company and a decent salary
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 March 2016
It's a good company. They give a good salary and the people are friendly. good training ground and helpful management team.
sodexo is 3/5
Cafeteria- CSR Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2017
typical day at work: you come in, you go to the change room to get changed, you come up, you sign in for your work shift. you prepare the salad, soups, temperature of food, dish washing station and overall preparedness of equipment. You have 1/3 positions, either you will be in the dish room either washing or helping putting the supplies away and scrubbing. Either you will be serving food and checking on temperature and making sure nothing runs out, if they do, you are responsible to refill it. or you will be clicking in how many students come in as well as swiping their student card and helping maintain supplies such as milk, salads, soup, and keeping the cafeteria clean.

what i learned: adapt, work fast pace, keep busy because then clean up at the end of the day just because easier. you do learn WHIMIS, quality control on equipments, how to check food temperature and making sure everything is clean

management: is poor, theyre strict. i remember being yelled at when i was head dish washer because i was talking while working with my co worker as we were both independently working together and being told i wasnt allowed to talk despite no one can hear us in a noisy dishroom. Managers dont really take the time to learn your name, your story, they come in and make sure everything in order and leaves.

hardest part of the job: just when it gets really busy but you get used to the rush. and maybe sometimes the workers are unhappy and work place drama can occur easily

most enjoyable: the food, everyday is a different meal. so you never have to cook or physically pay
  more... for your food. it comes off at 12 dollars in your bi weekly paycheck. so eat as much as you want!  less
Pros
food, lots of it
Cons
management
productive and friendly workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 December 2016
dealing with a lot of people with different background is always great.
I learned a lot about safety.
great leader can build a great team.
diversity is always my fun.
physically
friendship
no comment
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2017
interesting and challenging
to deal with customers
all nationalities
to work with agency workers
to meet my regular custumers that appreciate me
to meet new people